Amerigas charged me $4.85 per gallon propane

Mar 05, 2012
review #302432

Amerigas filled my propane tank and I got a bill for $695.00 and after research found out they charged me $4.85 per gallon.Calling another local carrier Ferrellgas, their price was $2.55 per gallon.

I went into Amerigas and complained, at that point they offered to drop the bill to $3.50 per gallon...which is yet to be seen. I am Pissed!!!

I spoke with Michelle at Amerigas in Yucca Valley who had such a cavalier nonchalant attitude and demanded that I smile before she gives me the supposed discount.I am still waiting to hear from her.

97e319a
Had an experience with Amerigas?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Elderly over 80

Jun 17, 2013 Inwood, West Virginia

Amerigas can never give us the price per gallon prior to our budget contract expiring. So the end result is fill up your tank at the current budget rate (3.49 gal) before signing a contract not knowing whether it will higher or lower than what I am paying now. The 3.49 per gal that we have is because we had to cry, beg and offer our first great grandchild for ransom. There has got to be some control. They are going to find two elderly individuals over 80 with a mentally handicapped son (52) frozen to death because on a fixed income anything over $2.00 is an outrageous expense for us.

Flaboy

Nov 27, 2012

I don't know why my comment says I'm from Columbia, South Carolina - I live and am posting this from Cross City, Florida on the Gulf Coast! :grin

Flaboy

Nov 27, 2012

Amerigas used to be good - now they're a ripoff. I just paid $2.23 gallon from Plantation Propane.

Josh

Oct 11, 2012

I just paid 282 for 132 gallons with amerigas so on on will call they cant rip u off

MrFrost

May 03, 2012

Kitt. I just had the same experience with Amerigas. Going rate is no more than $3.00 and I was charged $4.96. I complained and the lady quickly offered to reduce it by $.50 per gallon. I'm still extremely dissatisfied.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Amerigas.
Filing a new complaint about
×