Amerigas charged me $4.85 per gallon propane

Amerigas filled my propane tank and I got a bill for $695.00 and after research found out they charged me $4.85 per gallon.Calling another local carrier Ferrellgas, their price was $2.55 per gallon.

I went into Amerigas and complained, at that point they offered to drop the bill to $3.50 per gallon...which is yet to be seen. I am Pissed!!!

I spoke with Michelle at Amerigas in Yucca Valley who had such a cavalier nonchalant attitude and demanded that I smile before she gives me the supposed discount.I am still waiting to hear from her.

More Review Details

Helpful? 9 Yes 9 0 No 0
Had the same issue 7 Yes 7
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 02 #1028745

crooks all of them they double the prices without notice. I used to have Heritage propane but Ameracrooks bought them out. Told them to remove thgier tank today

1 0 Reply

Jan 06 #926521 Menifee, California

Yes we just got charged $4.90 a gallon my wife asked for me to check this out thank you all for you posting as now I know we have also been ripped of

Elderly over 80

Jun 17, 2013 #665775 Inwood, West Virginia

Amerigas can never give us the price per gallon prior to our budget contract expiring. So the end result is fill up your tank at the current budget rate (3.49 gal) before signing a contract not knowing whether it will higher or lower than what I am paying now. The 3.49 per gal that we have is because we had to cry, beg and offer our first great grandchild for ransom. There has got to be some control. They are going to find two elderly individuals over 80 with a mentally handicapped son (52) frozen to death because on a fixed income anything over $2.00 is an outrageous expense for us.

Nov 27, 2012 #574599

I don't know why my comment says I'm from Columbia, South Carolina - I live and am posting this from Cross City, Florida on the Gulf Coast! :grin

Nov 27, 2012 #574597

Amerigas used to be good - now they're a ripoff. I just paid $2.23 gallon from Plantation Propane.

1 0 Reply

Oct 11, 2012 #554073

I just paid 282 for 132 gallons with amerigas so on on will call they cant rip u off

May 03, 2012 #475335

Kitt. I just had the same experience with Amerigas. Going rate is no more than $3.00 and I was charged $4.96. I complained and the lady quickly offered to reduce it by $.50 per gallon. I'm still extremely dissatisfied.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.