• show-popup

Product / Service Propane Tank Fill
Location Rancho Mirage, California
Category Utility
Views 298

Amerigas filled my propane tank and I got a bill for $695.00 and after research found out they charged me $4.85 per gallon.Calling another local carrier Ferrellgas, their price was $2.55 per gallon.

I went into Amerigas and complained, at that point they offered to drop the bill to $3.50 per gallon...which is yet to be seen. I am Pissed!!!

I spoke with Michelle at Amerigas in Yucca Valley who had such a cavalier nonchalant attitude and demanded that I smile before she gives me the supposed discount.I am still waiting to hear from her. 2d9a499

Comments (5) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jun 17, 2013  from Inwood, West Virginia
Amerigas can never give us the price per gallon prior to our budget contract expiring. So the end result is fill up your tank at the current budget rate (3.49 gal) before signing a contract not knowing whether it will higher or lower than what I am paying now. The 3.49 per gal that we have is because we had to cry, beg and offer our first great grandchild for ransom. There has got to be some control. They are going to find two elderly individuals over 80 with a mentally handicapped son (52) frozen to death because on a fixed income anything over $2.00 is an outrageous expense for us.
Reply to Elderly over 80

Nov 27, 2012
I don't know why my comment says I'm from Columbia, South Carolina - I live and am posting this from Cross City, Florida on the Gulf Coast! :grin
Reply to Flaboy

Nov 27, 2012
Amerigas used to be good - now they're a ripoff. I just paid $2.23 gallon from Plantation Propane.
Reply to Flaboy

Oct 11, 2012
I just paid 282 for 132 gallons with amerigas so on on will call they cant rip u off
Reply to Josh

May 03, 2012
Kitt. I just had the same experience with Amerigas. Going rate is no more than $3.00 and I was charged $4.96. I complained and the lady quickly offered to reduce it by $.50 per gallon. I'm still extremely dissatisfied.
Reply to MrFrost

Read next Amerigas complaint

Avoid Amerigas $100.00 cancelation fee

Here's how to avoid the $100.00 amerigas cancelation fee:Don't cancel! Use up just about all...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Amerigas.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug