Amerigas only puts 15 lbs of propane in a 20 lb tank
I went to Home Depot and did a propane cylinder exchange. The propane tank had a $2.50 rebate form from AmeriGas on it. The "customer message" on the reverse side of the rebate form explained that Amerigas is no longer putting 20 lbs of gas in a 20 lb tank, instead they are only putting in 15 lbs of gas.
With the weight of the tank, I believe this is deceptive as a consumer cannot tell whether the tank contains 20, 17 or 15 lbs of gas. Home Depot does not make its customers aware that they are only getting a 3/4 full tank. Amerigas tells you inside the "Important Customer Message" which is printed on white paper, folded up to 1" x 2" and attached to a white tank. The only place that they mention they are only putting in 15 lbs of gas in in the second paragraph of the "Customer Message" which has the rebate form on the reverse side. I would rather have a tank with more gas in it and be charged more than have my propane run out quicker.
I feel this is deceptive and dishonest.129ceb61 review #156393
You may also like
- "The Lerman Law Firm (Cathy Jackson Lerman, PA) today praised WPTV investigative reporter Jenn Strathman for her efforts to lay out key steps that consumers should take to protect themselves..."
- "I move into a new home and I call Amerigas out to check the tank, they stated that my renew lease is $88.00 annual I sent the check and they..."
- "I called and asked to cancel my account last year after finding out they were charging me rent for a tank that I owned, and higher gas prices than free..."
- "I too ordered quite a bit of products from Tidebuy. I would not expect to check if I had to pay shipping for defective items before ordering, but I should..."
- "I have not been a Comcast customer for several years, however, some of my neighbors are. There is a Comcast cable box attached to the side of my townhouse...."
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "After reading the reviews I was very hesitant to buy. I took my chances and ordered 3 different lockets, charms and plates for Mother's Day gifts. I didn't receiver my..."
- "Furniture is garbage at best. DECEPTIVE SALES PRACTICE! *** artists, ***. Never again. City and Ashley are the same company. Never with them again. Shady shady shady. Did NOT DISCLOSE..."
- "I have been buying these Trader Joe's Sweet, Savory & Tart Trail Mix Granola Bars for a few years. Today I opened the wrapper only to see the approx. ⅓..."