Amerigas only puts 15 lbs of propane in a 20 lb tank
I went to Home Depot and did a propane cylinder exchange. The propane tank had a $2.50 rebate form from AmeriGas on it. The "customer message" on the reverse side of the rebate form explained that Amerigas is no longer putting 20 lbs of gas in a 20 lb tank, instead they are only putting in 15 lbs of gas.
With the weight of the tank, I believe this is deceptive as a consumer cannot tell whether the tank contains 20, 17 or 15 lbs of gas. Home Depot does not make its customers aware that they are only getting a 3/4 full tank. Amerigas tells you inside the "Important Customer Message" which is printed on white paper, folded up to 1" x 2" and attached to a white tank. The only place that they mention they are only putting in 15 lbs of gas in in the second paragraph of the "Customer Message" which has the rebate form on the reverse side. I would rather have a tank with more gas in it and be charged more than have my propane run out quicker.
I feel this is deceptive and dishonest.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "We have 6.5 wooded acres, that has a R.O.W., Right of Way, from our local electric company (Orange & Rockland Utilities) over our property! There are three big electric..."
- "Ilsihave paying $3.15 gal. Since 2012 ,a gentleman called saying no he never sent out those bill amounts I told him I would send them, I just had major surgery..."
- "On August 29th 2014 I bought $125 of K-1 Kerosene for my indoor Kerosene heaters to start getting ready for winter.I had just put new wicks in my 3 heaters..."
- "Ordered hair form Guangzhou Modern show Hair Products Co.,Ltd company off Aliexpress.com, This company sold me Malaysian Virgin Hair Curly 16,18,20,22. The hair was fine for a weekend then it..."
- "nothing but problems with engine and transmission. I finally decided to change the oil after it was rather sticky even though it didnt require it. Found a much smaller oil..."
- "i never complain before but enough, today sat. march 22 2012 , my co worker oscar gets me coffee everyday , lately its been to strong! i like it lite..."
- "I ordered the LOTS OF LOVE bouquet for my wife and received an order of dried up wilted garbage. This order looked NOTHING like the flower on their website. The..."
- "Did my walk through yeasterday. To my surprise the RV had very little minor fixes. Everyone was great! A big thank you to Jason who made things right (read all..."
- "DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH LIGHT IN THE BOX. YOU CANNOT CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE without an order number. When I went to track my last purchase, my account was GONE...."