Amerigas overcharging on propane @ $3.88 per gallon/ Best Rate lock in ...not!
On 2-04-10 Amerigas topped off my 500 gallon tank with almost 270 gallons of propane. I received the bill and it was over $1120. I called and spoke with the office manager and explained to him that I was supposed to be in a locked rate-Auto Refill etc. The manager agreed to credit the account at
a reduced rate of $2.99 per gallon or roughly $802.91 compared to the $1120.
I have waited for over two months to receive a revised bill. I received two bills which they are charging me a late charge of $60 in addition to the $3.88 per gallon propane cost. After receiving their first incorrect invoice I contacted other nearby residents and there bills were in the $1.59 to $1.79 range. I was told I would get the best price-locked in and using the Auto-Refill Package. Obviously, I am not. This is the second time I have had to haggle with Amerigas on their billing practices. The last time I just sent in a check for what they revised the cost to be. I never received a corrected invoice reflecting the actual cost per gallon.
Sunrise Propane sent me a mailer and I called them. In early March of 2010. They quoted me $1.79 per gallon-delivered. They said if I would have ordered it in February of 2010 my price would have been $1.59 per gallon. Amerigas is overcharging somewhere in the vicinity of 245% from what their competitors are presently charging. I am still waiting for a revised bill and a written locked in rate for the 2010 to 2011 season. I also want to have a written quote to pump out the 370 gallons in the tank
and to remove the tank. I want this in writing from Amerigas because I have become suspect of their poor business ethics and deceipt!!
Columbia Station OH / Amerigas Westlake OH office
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Had my generator serviced as per the contract by the installer in Feb. March snowstorm here i Rochester NY and the engine is done. It bent pushrods and BROKE the..."
- "Ameren is a ripoff company. I have a second home which im only there a couple times a year. I recieve a monthly bill for around $20 and change for surcharges..."
- "I called and asked to cancel my account last year after finding out they were charging me rent for a tank that I owned, and higher gas prices than free..."
- "On Oct. 29, I ate at Bob Evans St. Clairsville. The plate had old dried up food on it and the turkey had a little bitter taste to it. I..."
- "I am very disappointed in the Product. not only did I waste my money I wasted my time, because I had to ship the product back it cost me another..."
- "I ordered two dozen roses from proflowers.com for my wife for our anniversary. The price wasn't too bad even though the shipping/handling fees are fairly high, but I thought that..."
- "I ordered a rug from Bellacor. Wonderful folks when ordering. However, when the rug arrived with the fringe damaged....customer service supervisor was AWFUL! There was red rug..."
- "I am currently in the process of taking the Meineke at 75th & Metcalf in OP, KS to court for damages that occurred during service work and fraud for selling..."
- " Hello I'm engineer Nisreen Sha'ban from Jordan ، i purchased a jeep Nissan Pathfinder 2015 on 5th - may from your nissan distributer in Jordan, and i faced..."