Amerigas overcharging on propane @ $3.88 per gallon/ Best Rate lock in ...not!
On 2-04-10 Amerigas topped off my 500 gallon tank with almost 270 gallons of propane. I received the bill and it was over $1120. I called and spoke with the office manager and explained to him that I was supposed to be in a locked rate-Auto Refill etc. The manager agreed to credit the account at
a reduced rate of $2.99 per gallon or roughly $802.91 compared to the $1120.
I have waited for over two months to receive a revised bill. I received two bills which they are charging me a late charge of $60 in addition to the $3.88 per gallon propane cost. After receiving their first incorrect invoice I contacted other nearby residents and there bills were in the $1.59 to $1.79 range. I was told I would get the best price-locked in and using the Auto-Refill Package. Obviously, I am not. This is the second time I have had to haggle with Amerigas on their billing practices. The last time I just sent in a check for what they revised the cost to be. I never received a corrected invoice reflecting the actual cost per gallon.
Sunrise Propane sent me a mailer and I called them. In early March of 2010. They quoted me $1.79 per gallon-delivered. They said if I would have ordered it in February of 2010 my price would have been $1.59 per gallon. Amerigas is overcharging somewhere in the vicinity of 245% from what their competitors are presently charging. I am still waiting for a revised bill and a written locked in rate for the 2010 to 2011 season. I also want to have a written quote to pump out the 370 gallons in the tank
and to remove the tank. I want this in writing from Amerigas because I have become suspect of their poor business ethics and deceipt!!
Columbia Station OH / Amerigas Westlake OH officereview #182477
You may also like
- "Ilsihave paying $3.15 gal. Since 2012 ,a gentleman called saying no he never sent out those bill amounts I told him I would send them, I just had major surgery..."
- "AmeriGas on line payment system sucks. I have had to make the last two month payments by phone.They do not have the information for a complete statement. The system will..."
- "After reading the prior 10 reviews I'll begin by stating this is a REAL review by a REAL customer. I was personally against the installation of the solar panels from..."
- "Earlier this year I have hired David Grgurich of The Home Handyman Co located in Concord, Ohio, to install two security storm doors in my place. Mr Grgurich suggested..."
- "On Oct. 29, I ate at Bob Evans St. Clairsville. The plate had old dried up food on it and the turkey had a little bitter taste to it. I..."
- "Purchased a supposedly 100% leather living room set by Chateau D'Ax from a retailer in our area. Couch, loveseat, chair and ottoman in coffee colored "leather" upholstery. Several..."
- "I have ordered my RMIT Hoodie from TeeChip back in 10 Feb 2015. In April, I emailed TeeChip to enquire about when my goods will arrive, since on the status..."
- "Sears is horrible!! Still to this day no remorse or anything! THEY DIDN'T EVEN HOOK UP THE GAS RIGHT!! MY FAMILY AND I COULD HAVE DIED!! IF YOU LOVE YOUR FAMILY YOU..."
- "This johnny you had declined me a refund after I had ordered a product. I asked him continuously for my money back and he sent me the same message saying..."