Amerigas overcharging on propane @ $3.88 per gallon/ Best Rate lock in ...not!
On 2-04-10 Amerigas topped off my 500 gallon tank with almost 270 gallons of propane. I received the bill and it was over $1120. I called and spoke with the office manager and explained to him that I was supposed to be in a locked rate-Auto Refill etc. The manager agreed to credit the account at
a reduced rate of $2.99 per gallon or roughly $802.91 compared to the $1120.
I have waited for over two months to receive a revised bill. I received two bills which they are charging me a late charge of $60 in addition to the $3.88 per gallon propane cost. After receiving their first incorrect invoice I contacted other nearby residents and there bills were in the $1.59 to $1.79 range. I was told I would get the best price-locked in and using the Auto-Refill Package. Obviously, I am not. This is the second time I have had to haggle with Amerigas on their billing practices. The last time I just sent in a check for what they revised the cost to be. I never received a corrected invoice reflecting the actual cost per gallon.
Sunrise Propane sent me a mailer and I called them. In early March of 2010. They quoted me $1.79 per gallon-delivered. They said if I would have ordered it in February of 2010 my price would have been $1.59 per gallon. Amerigas is overcharging somewhere in the vicinity of 245% from what their competitors are presently charging. I am still waiting for a revised bill and a written locked in rate for the 2010 to 2011 season. I also want to have a written quote to pump out the 370 gallons in the tank
and to remove the tank. I want this in writing from Amerigas because I have become suspect of their poor business ethics and deceipt!!
Columbia Station OH / Amerigas Westlake OH officed5cac28 review #182477
You may also like
- "I mistakenly signed up for North American Power for both electric and gas, enticed by their low intro rates. Next thing I know, my gas bill is up to..."
- "This morning I placed used carpet at our curb to be picked up by Waste Management. The volume of carpet was ~ 18" high, 60" long & 40" in width...."
- "On August 29th 2014 I bought $125 of K-1 Kerosene for my indoor Kerosene heaters to start getting ready for winter.I had just put new wicks in my 3 heaters..."
- "I had a filling on my back tooth that had managed to chip off. The dentist fixed the filling and a few days later I started experiencing really bad pain...."
- "Website lists snow plow for my vehicle. When it arrived,turned out to be Reese hitch. Called,complained and they say they solved the issue and sent me yet another Reese hitch..."
- "Dr. Paul O’Reilly ,of Burlington Dental Clinic ,was found guilty of professional misconduct at an investigation into his fitness to practise dentistry ,held on 12 December, 2014 ,in..."
- "They have these plastic cutting boards that they advertise to be bendable, so that you can bend it and easily pour your chopped, juliened, whatever-ed food into the bowl. Well,..."
- "Beginning on Tuesday January 21, I contacted Ron Farrier through his Facebook page for his company, Elite Concrete Enhancement. We discussed and agreed on the work to be done,..."
- "I ordered carry out pizza by phone with only chicken and green pepper as toppings. But when I started eating the pizza at home, I found there were 2 type..."