Amerigas overcharging on propane @ $3.88 per gallon/ Best Rate lock in ...not!
On 2-04-10 Amerigas topped off my 500 gallon tank with almost 270 gallons of propane. I received the bill and it was over $1120. I called and spoke with the office manager and explained to him that I was supposed to be in a locked rate-Auto Refill etc. The manager agreed to credit the account at
a reduced rate of $2.99 per gallon or roughly $802.91 compared to the $1120.
I have waited for over two months to receive a revised bill. I received two bills which they are charging me a late charge of $60 in addition to the $3.88 per gallon propane cost. After receiving their first incorrect invoice I contacted other nearby residents and there bills were in the $1.59 to $1.79 range. I was told I would get the best price-locked in and using the Auto-Refill Package. Obviously, I am not. This is the second time I have had to haggle with Amerigas on their billing practices. The last time I just sent in a check for what they revised the cost to be. I never received a corrected invoice reflecting the actual cost per gallon.
Sunrise Propane sent me a mailer and I called them. In early March of 2010. They quoted me $1.79 per gallon-delivered. They said if I would have ordered it in February of 2010 my price would have been $1.59 per gallon. Amerigas is overcharging somewhere in the vicinity of 245% from what their competitors are presently charging. I am still waiting for a revised bill and a written locked in rate for the 2010 to 2011 season. I also want to have a written quote to pump out the 370 gallons in the tank
and to remove the tank. I want this in writing from Amerigas because I have become suspect of their poor business ethics and deceipt!!
Columbia Station OH / Amerigas Westlake OH office12f2ea7f review #182477
You may also like
- "I called to get my mother's nail shop a cheaper electricity service. After being referred to Ambit, I thought to myself why not. They person I was referred to was..."
- "The Lerman Law Firm (Cathy Jackson Lerman, PA) today praised WPTV investigative reporter Jenn Strathman for her efforts to lay out key steps that consumers should take to protect themselves..."
- "Had my generator serviced as per the contract by the installer in Feb. March snowstorm here i Rochester NY and the engine is done. It bent pushrods and BROKE the..."
- "It didn't begin with the squirrels but ended with them because of human incompetence ! The last guy [at&t service worker] left door open on box . I can see..."
- "Beware of this place..My partner and I went in to purchase a $99 coffee table that retailed for $299. This was supposed to be a "Floor model" sale. Meaning that..."
- "I ordered SHEER curtains from them and requested 4" hanging tabs. On the website it shows lovely transparent hanging tabs of the same fabric. My curtains arrived with white. opaque..."
- "DO NOT EVEN GRACE THE PROPERTY WITH YOUR PRESENCE. It may not be today or tomorrow but one day you will regret it! Went to purchase a camper. Signed contract...."
- "Hairsisters is a corrupt company. They sent me a wig in a color I did not order. A simple fix, right? No, after sending them photos they..."
- " GoAnimate - Evil Larry There is a dangerous and anonymous cyber-terrorist going around the internet named Evil Larry. He has several accounts on GoAnimate and on other..."