Amerigas - High price for bad service

Issue not resolved
Aug 21, 2007
review #100573

I have been more then dissatisfied with Amerigas. When our gas tank was delivered to our home not only did Amerigas fail to connect our tank, they also forgot to unlock the tank. I had to take a vacation day to have Amerigas come back to my home and unlock the tank and connect it. I was then informed that it was defective. Amerigas dilivered a new tank but, it was empty. My gas tank was filled weeks later but, I was charged a small fee for each error that Amerigas made.

Months later I had to pay for gas that was delivered to my home, without me asking for a it.

I canceled my account and had to pay almost $100.00 to get the tank off my property, but, a month and two week later, it's still on my property.

c133288
Had an experience with Amerigas?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
jovytard

Jan 07, 2011

First, I don't work for Amerigas. I'm just an impartial middle man who actually sees these complaints for what they are, childish whining BS. Notice how people with legitimate complaints don't get made fun of on this website. I guarantee you were not locked in at $3.45. Market rates can get that high in the winter time, but the highest lock-in rates even in 2008-2009 when propane prices were higher than they are now were in the $2.60 - $2.70 range. There is absolutely no way you were locked in at $3.45. Maybe if you'd stop *** long enough for someone at the company to explain things to you, you'd understand a little better.

jovy

Jan 07, 2011

You're quite rude and wrong. If you'll reread my complaint you'll see that I was locked in.
Your cowardly attack reflects your companies disregard for any attempt at doing an honest business.
I'll be happy to work you like the rented mule you are. Just like last time.

Your loss of marketshare will continus because of my efforts.

jovymorelikeretardy

Jan 07, 2011

Jovy you chose not to lock your price in. You made a conscious decision to leave yourself open to market rate pricing when winter came around. The market rate is determined by supply/demand and other market factors, Amerigas doesn't just make up a number. Are you bright enough to understand what MARKET RATE means? Again, you chose to go with that pricing, and now you complain. You played the market and you lost. Sore loser much? It's not Amerigas' fault that you aren't smart enough to make intelligent financial decisions.

jovy

Jan 06, 2011

I pay in advance. Accept delivery on their schedule. I called for price. $3.45. Neighbor paying $1.99 Amerigas explanation; you are "locked in" but we will lower our price to keep you. How unethical is that? Instead of treating me well, they charge their best customers the highest price. Now they have missed 3 appointments to pick up their tank and begin the process of returning my $380.00. Rude, unresponsive theft. I wrote letters to the corporation but no response. I have spoken to people in the industry and they tell me that the price gouging is company policy. I was an Amerigas customer for 8 years. Comparing my price with my neighbors records show they have overcharged me $1140.00 in just the past 3 years. Please do not do business with this company.

AmeriGas Customer Service

Jan 05, 2011

We are sorry to hear about your situation and apologize for your recent experience with AmeriGas. AmeriGas prides itself on providing our customers with the highest levels of customer service and we would like to help. At your convenience, please contact Fran directly via email at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you with this issue. To better assist you, please provide your AmeriGas customer number, phone number or the address and zip code where your propane tank is located. Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Classified.

Aug 13, 2008 Leer, Niedersachsen

That's how they opporate. I was an Amerigas employee a few years ago, and I couldn't believe how horrible they ran their business. The problem is that the drivers and servicemen don't want to *** work. They refuse to pick up tanks because they feel that that type of work isn't a priority. Unfortunately the management doesn't buck up and say to them that they shouldn't care because they are getting paid by the hour. It's just despicable. Don't use Amerigas. They suck.

Employee soon to be ex

Jul 05, 2008 Fort Madison, Iowa

It is only getting worse. Now with Westlake at the helm do not expect much from Amerigas. no one is happy...not the employees or the customer as customer service is out the window and we are losing customers left and right. The company is on a downward spiral with only savings on the minds of bigshots. To *** with employees as they are trying to go mostly part time employees and to *** with customers as the amount of *** mistakes Westlake makes is acceptable to the bigshots. Too bad..they have ruined what was a decent company and become the next Level Propane.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Amerigas.
Filing a new complaint about
×