Amerigas - Price Gouging
We received our Amerigas bill and we were charged almost $2000.00 for 317 gallons of propane.We obviously thought it was a mistake, so we called and were told it was not a mistake, the going price for propane was $5.88 per gallon.
They even told us that it was normal for the price to fluctuate, especially in the winter. When I paid our bill 2 months previous, it was $2.39 a gallon. That is not fluctuation, it is gouging. We told them to take our tank away and that we were not going to pay our bill.
They then told us it would cost us $100 for them to do this. After speaking to three or four more managers, they finally told us they would lock us in at $2.39.
We are more than pissed that they tried to do this to us and will not drop it.We are telling as many people as we can about it.
You May Also Like
- "Tank installed given check exactly for what I was told to pay 12/27/13 252$ money order not check . Then had to pay 500$1/27/14 money order in person all these..."
- "I received an offer in the mail 8 months ago approximately early October 2014 stating that I would receive 25,000 Aeroplan miles for renting a water heater from Direct Energy,..."
- "I called to get my mother's nail shop a cheaper electricity service. After being referred to Ambit, I thought to myself why not. They person I was referred to was..."
- "I have bought ten airbeds from intex and they do not last more then thirty days they always have holes in them for no reason and they don't come with..."
- "I ordered a floral arrangement from Westley Berry Flowers (Flower Delivery Express) that cost me $100.06, it was delivered the same day, so the Express part is correct. The..."
- "An hit and run in Ohio dublj 12187..."
- "We ordered online and got a notice it was ready so we went inside and stood there for a couple mintues until someone helped us. She did something on the..."
- "I bought this ring to give to my wife on Mothers Day 2016. A week after I gave it to her she showed me the spots under the stone...."
- "I bought today a bag of LAY'S in Athens (Greece). I found suprised when I opened the bag. The amount of the chips were below the middle of the bag!!!!..."