Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Amerigas Did not deliver my prepaid gas

On Monday, Jan.10th I stopped by the Amerigas to office to prepay for my gas, since that is their new policy now. The office was closed becaused it snowed that day, here in Wilmongton North Carolina. Tuesday the next day I returned to the office to prepay my for my gas and the office was open. I gave the lady arranging the delivery 312.00 dollars for 100 gallons.o problem there. She told me gas would be dilivered on thursday 2 days away.No gas was delivered Thusrsday, and when I called she informed me gas would be delivered the next thursday because of the closing Monday for snow. Oh and by the way, If I paid Am,erigas 150.00 special delivery fee they would deliver. I say *** and I am calling my Congressman,s office Mike mcIntrye. My name I Derrick R. Anderson and I live at 1014 Stevenson Drive wilmington North carolina.

We are so sorry about your situation that we copy/pasted this form letter onto your complaint. Non personalized and generic spam messages really show our customers how much we care about them. Nothing says customer service like an automated response!

View more comments (2)

Amerigas in Carlisle, Pennsylvania - No gas for months

had engeyastents call in for gas out for month was told thay have 72 houres to get it thair whin road was snow coverd drive was afraid to come down to deliver refused us dad had lung cancer could not go in cold have a paret same *** still whin in could found out thay where right down the street from us could not go 4 miles up to fill us up made us wait for days on end in below temps to come fill us up told them how would that like it if thay where in the cold could not cook thanksgiveing dinner becouse we where out of propain same thing a xmass no remorse from them moved two years ago tanks still set thair i own the propity thay refuse to come get the tanks and if thay do come fill the tanks the driver will cap them off saying thair is a leake whin thair ant one at all thay are just a poor compeny to dell with driver does not know how to drive in snow y is he aloud to drive at all

Really? I mean.....really?????

I really have a hard time understanding why School Teacher and Illiteracy Sucks are dissing Penny123.... She had a problem which was not getting resolved.

Obviously none of us know her personally. It is obvious Penny123 has diffculty with spelling and constructing a sentence. Why then do you feel it is your place or right to criticize someone when they are having problems with a company that will not respond to her in a time of need?

Just because they can not spell or use proper grammar does not make their problem or situation any less real or any less deserving of getting good customer service. Illieracy Sucks and School Teacher both need to get a life and learn to have some compassion for others less fortunate.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Are you capable of constructing a sentence that other human beings can understand?

View more comments (4)

Amerigas in Livingston, New Jersey - Ameri Gas

This is a horrible business!! I called the business location several times for a delivery, but the phone was never answered. I had to visit the office location in order to request a delivery. While at the business, a steady stream of disgruntled customers waited in line to speak with an Ameri Gas representative. Their complaints ranged from failure to make deliveries to demanding tank removal from their property . I checked current propane prices with several local distributors prior to my visit. Ameri Gas quoted a price that was .60 to .90 cents higher than all other distributors contacted. In addition, I discovered that I did not own my propane tank and therefore could not have it filled by another distributor. I inquired about purchasing the tank from Ameri Gas, but was told they "stopped that practice several months ago, due to customer retention". It will cost approximately $1,900 dollars for a new tank, but I believe it will be money well spent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amerigas is also that much higher in crystal springs ms not to mention they do not work full work weeks the office lady comes into work whenever she wants leaves when she wants and works 2 or 3 days a week tops. we own our tank and as soon as i realized large difference i went elsewhere.

Okay I will give all of you a quick lesson in Capitalism. The reason why America is such a great country is that we are capitalists.

If you do not like your price you go to a competitor who is charging a lower price. That forces Amerigas to lower their prices.

So stop looking for handouts and stop blaming others for your problems. If you do not like the service or the price change companies.

I expect that most of you won't because your are a bunch of self loathing *** who thinks the world ows you something. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but all of you idiots need to get a life.

I also am a customer of Ameri Gas But not much longer I will Have tank removed, Soon I will do without heat instead of being Ripped off by this company anymore.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

The local Amerigas doesn,t set the price. The price comes from their home office.Their home office want let the local employees change the pricing.

If a local employee changes the price ,they are at risk of loosing their jobs.

The local employees will be damed if they do. by home office, and will be damed if they dont.by you.

View more comments (5)
Review

Amerigas in Mars Hill, North Carolina - No gas delivery after several calls!!!

I have been with Amerigas for 8 years or longer. For the last 2 years I have had a terrible time gettting my tank filled up. This is the only heat I have, I have MS and cannot be left without heat and also have children to worry about. I have tried for 3 weeks to get a delivery. My road is clear of snow. When I call I get music and noone ever answers or a answering machine. I have left several messages..no call backs. I called the corporate office and they faxed the local office yesterday still no gas so I called back today the lady told me they should have called me back within 2 hours of receiving the fax ha ha. She faxed them again today and said I would receive a call today guess what no call and still no gas and the gauge past 10. Temps below 20 I sent the kids to their grandparents in case we loose heat.

I have contacted the corporate office twice and that hasnt helped so why would emailing you help?

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service

Amerigas Customer Service And Delivery

When did Amerigas get so bad? Called Amerigas Customer service for a delivery around the 4th of jan,when i noticed my gas level was down to 20 percent. Delivery was scheduled for 8th of jan. No truck arrived. Customer service called back on monday and told me that my driveway wasn t cleaned of snow, so thats why it wasn t delivered, which was a bold faced lie on their part. The driveway was cleaned twice between the hours of 8am to 4pm. They offered to deliver again on the 12th of jan. Called customer service to check and they assured me delivery on that day. I assumed i could trust them, BIG Mistake. No truck at 4:30, Called customer service again and told driver was on overtime and would be guarenteed delivery that evening. No delivery that evening, called back at 7:30pm and told weather was too bad and driver was heading back to the shop. Called on the morning of the 13th and having enough of the bs and empthay that is brainwashed into their customer service talked to a supervisor. Totally assured that delivery would be on this date. Well its the 13th and still no gas delivery......Received an automated call from Amerigas that delivery will be tomorrow. As i am working on the complaint to the state attorney general and this complaint i guess i will wait and see. Its a good thing that i am not elderly or i would probley freeze to death waiting for amerigas. When spring comes their tank will be going bye bye and i will have a new local gas provider. Thanks for stellar customer service Amerigas

I called last week when I was at 15% on one tank and 18% on another tank. It's now six days later and I am out of fuel.

I have $700 on account right now and have been a customer for 3 years. This company is terrible. I was told that if I wanted to have my fuel delivered within 24 to 48 hours I would have to come up with additional $120 fee on top of the $700 to get my tanks filled otherwise it would be another 4 to 5 days.

I sent my family to my wife's parents and told them to scratch. Come spring their tanks will be on the curb.

With all the horror stories i am reading here Amerigas is heading down that class lawsuit track like a runaway train or they are going to kill someone with their neglect of service. If there is a lawsuit i am sure that amerigas would pass those costs on to the consumers. :cry

I live in Gt.Barrington,Mass. and I get my propane for cooking from Amerigas which is literly 3 min.

down the road. I ran out on Sat. Jan. 22ed and called the # I was given for weekends.

I was told it would be an extra 90.00 plus the fill up! I agreeded, but disgusted with the over the top extra charge ! Late that afternoon someone brought me a small container of gas and put in my tank. Then I was told that I had to pay 304.00 for the total fill up and that the trucks were out and would stop in the late afternoon.

He said don't worry you have enough gas for 2 wks and I said but wait a minute I just payed you 304.00 and I want the gas that I'm paying for. They never came and not on Sun. either. Mon.

morning I called the office and a woman said that they would be to me Mon. afternoon. They never came and this A.M. Tues., I called again and was told sometime this week!

I'm disgusted ! Why was I told I had to pay 304.00 !!

Amerigas does not have a customer service # listed anywhere, on line or 411! The woman I talked to today in the office was down right rude and unhelpful.

I too have had nothing but problems with Amerigas. Most recently, our driver informed us that our valve was bad and that he had known about it for 4 YEARS!

Of course he waits until he can't fill the tank anymore to tell us this. We have been on a temporary tank now for 2 1/2 weeks. We are continually told that the part is on the way. I told them to FedEx it.

I was assured they would. Well, guess what, no part, no call, no service. I get put on hold when I call the office and they tell me a sob story about how they are short on help.

I appears there are some serious problems with this company. My next move is to tell them to come get their tank!

My mother's former propane company was sold to Amerigas. She called them in November to make sure her account was properly set up and she would receive a delivery prior to her tank running out.

Guess what her tank ran out Christmas week. She was told it was because they had the wrong city. Gee they could have called or check the zip code. She got the run around.

Finally she received delivery but was told she could only have 100 gals. The driver asked her why and she told him that is all the office would allow. He said that was ridiculous and filled the tank for her. Since receiving her bill she has called the office three times.

Each time she was placed on hold. Today, she finally has the time to stay on hold. 36 minutes later she was told sorry, no one is available in that department. She asked to speak to a manager and was told they were all in a meeting.

I am researching who in the state of Virginia has oversight of propane companies. This is ridiculous.

View more comments (5)
Amerigas Gas Tank

Amerigas in Overland Park, Kansas - No propane!

I call company and always busy or when answered goes directly to hold with music and no one picks up. Then flinch time it goes to national emergency line. I live in Hendersonville, NC and last year even though on continuous refill, ran out of propane. For WEEKS! I live on mountain and when snow, you think they would come in December. Same thing this year and I never get a hold of anyone at local office. Looks like space heaters it is and hope electricity does not go our They for sure can't make it up with all this snow now. Continuous refill is a joke in Amerigas jargon....my neighbors that have different companies all have propane refill and are all nice and warm. Blossman, Energy United....seemed to be able to take care of their customers up here before snow comes or on clear days, Amerigas can't do the job they are paid for and should be ashamed. Switch unhappy customers for free cause out of 9 years, there is almost problems every year and these past two have been the very worst.

Hey Fran, it really shows that Amerigas cares when you spam this website with the same form letter over and over again. How about putting a little more effort into this than using the copy/paste function on your computer?

Review
What a bunch of *** we were given yesterday to get our propane delivered after signing a contract on the Sixth. The lady was rude and said they could deliver the end of January. Everything is ready to go. Just need some gas hitched in. Should have read all these...

Yep, it sure is sinking fast. Stock price just hit an all time high last month.

Oh no!

Shocking news: All propane companies (look up the definition of "all" if you need to) base their prices on customer usage. State the obvious much you ridge runner?

View more comments
Amerigas Gas Tank

Amerigas in San Jose, California - Checked cashed no delivery!!!

What is going on with your company? Seems many propane companies in the grand traverse area know about Amerigas. They seem to be getting some of your business. I wonder why that is???? We sent a check it was cashed on Jan.6th we are at 10% Ihave never seen such poor service ! Maybe if its to busy you need to get out of the business!!!! Thanks for reading my complaint. I feel Amerigas needs to step up to the plate and better their customer service. we called customer service but got no satisfaction they can,t tell you anything.

If you call and do you check payment over the phone, it is free, and your order is placed that day. If you mail in a check, you wait for the mail to del, then the check to post and clear.

If you are in need of fuel, the most logical thing would be to call and do your payment. Try that next time and I bet you have better luck!

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Not being funny but they really don't know anything all across the country they work employees like worse then dogs and they have no idea what the he ll they are doing they've been nothing but liars to me and my wife and here we sit cold why don't you ask the driver next time how long he's worked that day either he's lying or you'll be shocked

View more comments (2)
Loss

Amerigas in Richmond, Virginia - New customer not pleased with cust. service

Unfortunately my previous supplier merged with AmeriGas. I have many questions and without success of many phone calls and/or an e-mail, I still have not received any response from AmeriGas. All they know to do is send me bills. (They even sent me a past due notice, and my bill had already been posted!!!) All changes are for the best!!!!! Plus, I am paying much more for propane now than with my previous supplier. I never had one complaint or question with them...... I don't understand why no one can answer the phones and/or respond to e-mails.

Review

Amerigas Smithfield NC--don't rely on them for heat!

We have had Amerigas in Smithfield, NC for 5 years since purchasing our home. We use propane for cooking, and 2 fireplaces that we use for supplemental heat in the winter. They have been impossible to get to come and refill our tank! First off, you can't get through to them. In the spring we don't use much propane, since we're just cooking with it, and it was not quite so critical that it would take them almost a month to fill our tank. Winter, however, is a different story. They request you call for a refill when the tank is down to 30%, so they can get you in their deliver rotation. Yeah, right! We stopped by in person 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and requested a refill. 3 days before Thanksgiving, we were almost on empty and tried to call. My husband and I sat at work one day with their number on speed dial, and kept getting a busy signal, and we must have each dialed about 40 times. Finally we looked on the internet, got their business account representative's cell phone number, and had to call them that way. This resolved the issue for this time, but it was not filled until 3 days after Thanksgiving--about 3 weeks after our in-person request. Luckily we had just enough propane to cook our turkey! I followed this up with a letter of complaint that they never responded to. The next time we requested a refill, we requested it early, as the winter weather had been unpredictable. 3 weeks later, we ran out of propane, luckily just AFTER an ice storm, and we still could not get through to them. We're changing providers as of today. I hope we can get in touch with them to come get their tank!

Same here. They promise to deliver and never meet their schedule.

You cannot get anyone to answer the phone. I moved to Amerigas because I was promised reliable service.

the national cal center sound nice but they get nothing done either. I have been an Amerigs customer for ony a few months but I will be moving soon.

Service