Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Amerigas in Athens, Georgia - Poor customer relations

My account was placed with a collection agency 3 days after they received my payment. There only response was we dont have a problem you do!!!!!! But I dont have one anymore I have a new supplier.I have been a customer of Amerigas for over 18 years. I have in those years spent as much as $15,000 a year. When I could deal wwith local people at Amerigas it was fine. Now you must deal with corporate and have fun trying to get to a human. It seems as if a computer is now in charge. At least that is who gets blamed for all their screw ups.

Cartersville, Ga

CITY AND STATE PLEASE?

View more comments (2)
Review
#207354 Review #207354 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Amerigas Account
I ceased to be an Amerigas customer in early Dec 2009. It is now November 2010 and they still have not picked up their tank, which is blocking a drive into the back of our property. I have called repeatedly and now my husband has started calling. We've told them...

Do not let Amerigas win! Go online now and file a complaint with the attorney general in your state.

Amerigas is a large company that operates in all 50 states. In addition call the better business bureau and file a complaint with them. Based on the amount of complaints on this site I am convinced that a class action suit against Amerigas is not far off. Their business practices are criminal and they need to be stopped!

Price gouging, contract changes and poor customer service are only a few of their illegal practices! Let's be heard!!

Review
#207254 Review #207254 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Amerigas in Livingston, New Jersey - bad billing

A customer service operator put me on auto pay about 6 months and now they send me a bill The bill is charging me yes I have been on auto pay all alongI tried to contact a customer service representative and could not about my auto pay I have proof of an auto pay confirmation yet they continue billing me the website will not work. the website will not recognize my account number. this is very scary because a live person will not answer the phone. I have been up early in order to be the first to call at 830 in the morning. I do not need this extra stress and have in my life I wish there were another company in my area. I only wish someone would answer the phone.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

call 18667671100 630am-12pm 7 days a week 365. The agents are live people and they really do want to help there customers.

They can refer you to the autopay department, and connect you with a live person specializing in autopay accounts.Even though your local may not be working out for you..

amerigas is nationwide and the call center will be able to help u! Give it a shot!

IF YOU GIVE A CITY AND STATE I CAN GIVE YOU A LIST OF OTHER PROPANE COMPANY

View more comments (2)
Review
#206347 Review #206347 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Amerigas in Honesdale, Pennsylvania - Installed tanks with a cross threaded fitting

after installing tanks i was handed a contract full of rediculous charges wich i initialed without having the time to read. they then proceded to charge me a high rate for fuel and told me that this is because i live in my community where there are not as many customers as other communities now they want to charge me a tank removal fee they say that the tanks have to be empty to remove them or there is another charge to evacuate the tanks because they can not transport them with fuel in them yet they transported them to my home with fuel in them

Review
#206344 Review #206344 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Amerigas Tank Refill

Amerigas is a rip-off, rude company!!!

Here in Ocala, FL, the customer service people are VERY rude, esp. the one by the name of Karen. We were scheduled for a delivery and according to them, we were out so they locked it. We called them back and the rude woman by the name of Karen was smug and did not offer any care or concern, except that we pay up in order to have the gas turned on. Since there is a regulation that requires a gas check be performed, they make sure to exploit it as much as possible by over-charging to make it happen... basically, anyone having to have this happen will pay out the nose and there is NOTHING anyone can do about it... except for them to come and take your tank away.

#220274

*** "fa ggot"

AlterMeego
#219727

$150 "fee"

#208546

If you were on a "keep fill" program there is no cost to turn your gas back on. Not to mention 24 hour service.

But, if you on a "will call" program, it is your responsibility to order gas before you run out. Then there is a service charge to leak check your system and make sure everything is woking properly.

View more comments (3)
Review
#205229 Review #205229 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Amerigas Customer Care
I am a new homeowner and the resident I was previously renting dealt with Amerigas so I wnet with them and what a major mistake that was. I had just filled the tank at the rental right before I purchased my new home and although it was Amerigas at both they would NOT...

I'm a service tech with Amerigas and at times I have left ruts in the lawn, not intentional. Most customers understand normal wear and tear when setting a new tank.

Fortunately my manager listens and does the right thing. I have repaired a few lawns in the past. One took a whole pallet of top soil from lowes and plenty of grass seed. I spent three hours at this customers home.

To top it off, I was picking up our tank, they were no longer customers.

A lot of what we do is at managers discretion. Some do the right thing and some don't.

Review
#204569 Review #204569 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Amerigas Account
My husband was the go to guy for his office for 12 years. I have worried through 12 years of his working for AmeriGas. So many unsafe practices, working with faulty and old equipment, working with guys who could care less about their job or my husbands safety on the...

I worked for them almost ten years I wasn't happy I left end of story.No unemployment no job. I am now happily employed and I tell anyone I know not to buy their propane.I just told a family member who is in the market for a tank to go else where and they did.Bottom line you can't fight a corporation but you don't have to buy their product.If people would stop complaining and do something about it instead, companies like this wouldn't make the profits they make and the companies that treat people as they should be treated would benefit.Their not in business to keep me and your husband employed their in business to make money. Hit them where it hurts.

Review
#204463 Review #204463 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Amerigas Broke Promises to Restore Service

For 6 years I have made regular monthly payments, sometimes during each year we carry a large credit, sometimes we have a bill due. With no notice Amerigas locked the tank at our house, even with someone home, they made no attempts to notify us of a past due amount. Immediately I paid it online. Now they tell me its faster to call in a credit card payment. Promise 1. to restore service the following day - broken. Promise 2. to restore service the next day (2 days after payment made) - broken. Promise 3. "we cant be out there to unlock for 5 days" (2 of them a weekend)- broken. Local authority can't help in civil issue. Now what? No heat, no hot water, no gas to cook, no money either since they took it all & ran! I hope they go bankrupt or someone goes "postal" at corporate!

We've been customers of this company for two years+ and although infill now we've never had a problem with service. My husband has been calling them off and on for the last three weeks trying to set up a time for them to make a delivery and they will never call him back.

#206634

Yes, I'm sure they LIED to you. All the AmeriGas employees at your local office hold secret meetings at night to plot which lie they're going to tell you next.

Or maybe they, like all human beings occasionally do, MADE AN HONEST MISTAKE that you're overreacting about.

And now you're advocating someone shooting up their offices because you don't have heat for a day or two? You're obviously someone with sound judgement.

#206255

Did you pay attention to the part where I said for 6 years I have either carried a large credit - overpaid - or a balance due? Yes, this was a month where there was a balance due, and yes I paid it.

The point of this Pissed Post is that I was repeatedly LIED to by Amerigas employees. If, on day one, they would have told me to wait a week to restore service, fine. But poor customer service and repeated lies are not acceptable.

Are you really condoning rude service and lies as acceptable representation of any company? You must not be a business owner.

#205856

Blaming it all on AmeriGas when it sounds like you couldn't be bothered to be responsible and look after your own account. Tanks don't just get magically locked off.

You get late fees, past due notices, and MULTIPLE warnings that your tank will be shut off. I guess you figured you could sneak by without making your payments, but now you got caught and you're blaming the company for slapping you on the wrist.

Also, where does it promise you that someone will be out the same day to restore your service if you don't pay your bill? You screwed up, now you have to wait while the paying customers get their service first.

#205781

A CITY AND STATE WHERE YOU LIVE WILL BE A GREAT HELP

View more comments (5)
Review
#203682 Review #203682 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Amerigas in Cheyenne, Wyoming - They would not deliver propane.

Riverton, Wyoming Amerigas would not deliver propane because their tank rental that has been raised $3-$5 a year had not been paid yet even though Lieap (state energy assistance)had approved for them to get $1148. So over $77 they are giving up $1148 and denying a person who just had a heart attack (4 days ago)any heat. There needs to be something done to stop the control this company feels they have. I even said I would make a payment of half now and I was rudely interrupted and told no that I would have to pay it in full before they could make an arrangement. They have put me on a list of not doing anything for because I had called the head office and reported what they were doing to me a few years ago so they know they have a monopoly here and take advantage of people like I. I wonder how many elderly they have they have threatened in the same way. They are very rude and I pray none of them are ever in a situation as some people are being disabled and not able to get their own propane. God bless them all, they need it.

what the person you called at the state says and the check the company gets are 2 different things. Just becasue you qualify for a lot of help doesn't mean you'll get it generally people receive arounf 300 to 500 in liheap assistance becasue the stat has limited funds and lots of people in need.

Whoa is me, quit whinning about the free handouts you are not getting!!!!!

Amerigas is not a charity they are a for profit company but I know, they should give you propane for free becasue you had a heart attack or you have 8 kids. give me a break, take responsibility for your own actions for once in your life!!

#252001

It's going to be 4 degrees tonight, I have a 3 year old and an 8 year old in the house and Amerigas is DENYING to deliver propane- which I advised them WILL run out tonight. It's below 5 on the tank.

Our bill is paid CURRENT, it was $630 last fill. I was told they want the next bill UP FRONT cash on delivery with an additional $117 for a rush delivery. LOL!! I NEVER have paid cash on delivery, they have ALWAYS left a bill and we have always paid it.

NOW, they want us to run a credit check to get propane. It will run out in probably a couple hours and my KIDS will be freezing....

This should be illegal. I will contact the attorney general and also show all of the other complaints against Amerigas.

View more comments (3)
Review
#203630 Review #203630 is a subjective opinion of poster.
I just purchased a house in Lake Havasu City and there was an Amerigas propane tank on the property. I was told it was a 175 gallon tank and that it was 3/4 FULL but disconnected from the house. Amerigas re-connected and my first bill arrived. I was charged for 195.0...

As our last bill from amerigas was close to $5.00 gal and we are on alimited income we decided to purchace our oun tank. We found a 200 gal tank for $100. We called around for gas prices and found Ferralgas to be the most resonable. We contacted amerigas 1/1/2012 and notified them that we will no longer use them. We also asked them to pick up their tank at the same time. They nbilled us for the next years tank rental and we prorated the time that we used their tank and sent them the money. They told us that their was a pickup notice issued on the their tank at that time.

Since then the tank has not been picked up, still in our yard as of 4/13/2012. They have just sent us a bill for this years tank rental plus a penalty of about $100 plus tank rental for a total of $150 plus.

I guess turnabout will be fair play meaning we will chargethem $10 mper day starting back in January 2012 to date .

Not very pleased with amerigas and their prices nor their book keeping.

Review
#203494 Review #203494 is a subjective opinion of poster.