Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
well we busted our ***'s all winter, with all the snow and whatever, now we get in the butt again,well the summer is almost here. and time for the annual managers party again..and there bonuses for doing nothing.. and who pays the bill, guess who.....i really dont...
#231937

Amerigas Manager
Amerigas ( Preston County WV, Kingwood office)... once again sticks it to customers. My original bill was charging me 4.35 a gallon... other local companies none charge over 2.58. After 80 phone calls over 2 months I finally talk to the manager "joe" and came down to...
#231939

Amerigas Customer Care
10+ years customer of Amerigas, they raped me every chance they could, would get on plan, fall off by couple days paying late and they would charge me dollars more a gallon, i was charged more than anyone i know they said because no one in my neighborhood had them....
#231943

Amerigas Tank Refill

Amerigas in Columbus, Ohio - Stealing my hard earned money

I have been an AmeriGas customer for 5 years. I live in a mobile home and have all electric heat. I have a centrally located propane heater in my mobile home installed by the previous owner to offset the electric bill. The second year of using this heater I had a 200.00 dollar gas bill in one month. I stopped using the propane and shut the valve off. Well I continue to receive bills from AmeriGas. When I call and give them the meter reading which is 3704. The bill says beginning reading 3705. Ending reading 3709. I am now being charged late fees on propane that I have not used. This matter will go to the attorney general. I am tired of dealing with this company.
#231947

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

That is good call the attorney general maybe he will come out and turn your pilot lite off for you. I love it when people won't take responsibility for their own actions and rely on a government agency.

View more comments (1)

Amerigas overcharges for propane

I bought a house 20 years ago with a pre-installed tank "leased" from amerigas. The deal is, you have to buy your gas from them....at their price. My recent delivery was $4.10 a gallon!!! I called two other local gas companies, Bolden and Shagrin, and asked them how much they are charging their customers with company leased tanks. Both were in the $2.80/gallon range....50% lower than Amerigas!!!!! I called Amerigas to complain, and they immediately dropped the price on the bill to $2.89....which is fine, other than the fact that they practice this price gouging technique on a regular basis....I have called them several times over the years in cases such as this where they attempt to throw a high price fastball by their customers. And oh by the way, their invoices conveniently do NOT list the price per gallon they charge...only the amount delivered and the amount due When asked how they establish pricing, their customer service rep replied, "don't know, it's done at corporate, and sometimes they get a little out of hand" I am not joking,,,that's pretty much a direct quote!!!!! They are an unethical company that is ripping off unsuspecting consumers. I would never enter into another contract with this company

In Nov 2011, I contacted Amerigas about their $4.00 per gallon propane, not to mention the per delivery charges of about $16 per delivery for fuel recovery and hazmat. BTW, Amerigas would fill the tank whether I needed 10 gallons or 110, and charge the same delivery charge amounts.

I then called a local independant company that quoted me $2.53 per gallon, with no delivery fees. I immedately called Amerigas to cancel my service. The customer service rep warned me that the local company would then be charging me the same price as Amerigas, if not more, the $2.53 per gallon was an "introductry rate". My second fill with the same company dropped to $2.50 per gallon, and yesterday's fill dropped again to $2.40 per gallon.

Still waiting for the "introductry rate" to expire. Oh, then after being an *** customer of Amerigas for 7 years, and paying about $1,000 a year more in propane, they charged me a $100 cancelation fee.

I gave away about $7,000 extra to Amerigas over the 7 years I was a customer, and they still charged me more. NEVER, EVER, ACCEPT AMERIGAS AS YOUR PROPANE PROVIDER.

The high price gouging is common among the industry for leased tank contracts in particular. Happens in Florida all of the time. They figure you are not going to check prices. I have two friends with leased tanks and "contracts" that got stuck with higher than standard prices unless they called around to find the true gas LPG rate. Only then are adjustments made to the true market price (not a discounted price).

LPG is a commodity with price fluctuation and often the distributor will charge the highest price they can get away with until people realize they are being gouged. Not a very good practice for customer loyalty.

In general, in Florida, the LPG providers have a not so good reputation. They need to work on customer satisfaction and fair pricing policies instead of trying to bleed poorly informed customers.

#231949

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Finally, someone with a brain around here. Other Side of the Fence knows what he's talking about.

People want their propane dirt cheap and they want it delivered instantly. They never stop tantruming like a child long enough to think of any of the things that OSOTF mentioned. They think that AmeriGas creates propane out of thin air for free to sell to its customers, and that it doesn't cost them anything to maintain infrastructure or to deliver the gas to their customers.

People have absolutely no idea how the propane business really works or how expensive it can be to maintain, yet they jump on the internet and *** and moan like they're some kind of expert. Give me a break.

$2.80 is 32% lower than $4.10, not 50%. If the other suppliers quoted you $2.80 per gallon when you called you can bet that's their introductory offer.

Credit card companies offer 6 to 12 month interest rates that are well below the true going rate to gain customers. Telephone / Cellular providers as well as cable TV companies offer reduced billing for new customers as well. Even banks offer a better interest rates for customers who open an account from time to time. Propane companies do the same thing.

They put their best price forward to gain new business. They cannot, however, offer those prices to all customers for the life of their account. Some customers use larger amounts of fuel than others. They have larger tanks and receive larger deliveries.

All propane companies, AmeriGas included, are in business to earn a profit. If one customer is taking a 600 gallon delivery, and his neighbor is taking a 100 gallon delivery, who do you think is going to get the lower price? The suppliers cost to deliver, above and beyond the cost of the propane, is about the same for both deliveries. The company can afford to make the 600 gallon delivery at a much lower price per gallon and still remain profitable.

As far as $4.10 being a "gouging" price, I'll ask you to take a look at what you're paying at the gas pump. You want your propane company to store your fuel in their $500,000 plant, load it into their $100,000 delivery vehicle, have their $15 per hour employee drive that haz-mat vehicle to your home and fill the tank that they own for a price per gallon that's the same as, or lower than, the price you pay when you drive to the gas station and pump your own gas into the vehicle you own? I have a suggestion for you... How about you start a business where you store my gasoline and I'll call you when I need it.

You can bring it to my house, pump it into my car, and I'll pay you $2.80 per gallon for your troubles. I think you need to take a look at the situation from the other side of the fence before you start beating your drums.

I got a quote from the local Amerigas office a bit ago for about $1.79 per gallon. I bought 100 gallons and when the bill came from corporate, it was nearly $350. The local office was very nice and changed the bill without any comment or argument when I called, but I wondered how they made such a huge mistake (or was it?).

View more comments (5)
Review
Amerigas came and filled my propane tank, even though I did not ask them to. They tried to do this two weeks ago, but I was here and told them not to. The driver said he had a ticket--I informed him I had not called and requested propane, so I did NOT know where the...
#231956

Review

Write your congressman about Amerigas!

If you are reading this you already know that Amerigas is terrible. Please write your congressman or contact your rep. They need to be regulated. For a company to be this bad their management just doesn't care. Give them a call you will quickly find out how much they value their customers. Be prepared to be on the phone for 30-45 minutes and make sure to wear your high boots cause the BS will be flying. How do you know when a Amerigas employee is lying to you...........(fill in the blank)....You can actually hear their voice.
#231958

UseYourBrain...

"it's your own fault for not locking it in at a super cheap rate over the summer"

And what do you call super cheap? The quoted summer lock-in rates have been consistently 40-50 cents higher than their competition - this has been going on for a few years now. In fact, the last time I locked in, the gas prices dropped in the fall and I ended up paying nearly a dollar more per gallon than I would have had I not locked in the rate. Think I got a discount then?

"Don't compare other company's first fill rates to the existing customer rate"

I wasn't. I've confirmed with other people (propane users) in the area about the rates. Anyone who lives in this area will tell you the same thing I'm telling you.

"Don't be retarded."

Why are we suddenly discussing engine ignition timing since I know you aren't trying to belittle anyone - at least that's what I thought you said.

"So those other companies that are a lot cheaper, will they send an emergency tech out to your house at 3am if you're smelling gas? Is there someone there to answer the phone and talk about your bill at 10PM on a sunday?"

Don't know. But come to think of it, the few times I've tried to get Amerigas to come do anything... ANYTHING... they didn't come through, so I don't even see your point.

Besides - if I smell a leak at 3 in the morning, I'm not going to call anyone before I "twist that little turny thing on the tanky thing in the yard" to shut off the gas... that retarded enough for you UseYourBrain?

The folks who 'control' this country has gotten completely ridiculous. We've now developed an entire society of people who are supposed to have zero common sense. We trust anybody with a 4000 lb, 100+ MPH machine but they aren't supposed to be smart enough to know how to shut off a valve if they smell a gas leak, or yank an electric meter if there is an electrical problem in the house.

14karat

Great responses! Really helpful guys! You all must work for A.G. because that's the same type of reactions I've gotten from them lately.

The obvious point was that I can refill a tank for my grill at the local choke and puke for less (per gallon of course) than I can buy 200 gallons for home from AG

And as far as any of them coming to help if the tank is empty or leaking... that's just funny right there... Last leak I had was several years ago when they first trenched the line to the house. Ended up fixing that myself after a month waiting for them to show up.

Actually I ended up getting a better price than the 2.29... my final price was 1.756.

It's really bad when the other company apologizes for the Amerigas antics.

Seems all the neighbors are switching as well. Saw an A.G. truck carrying another tank out of the neighborhood yesterday PM...

Keep up the ridicule, I'm sure it's helping your cause.

Call your congressman (Maybe Obama can make a decision on this issue, just like he is fixing health care) That is exactly what we need is more government control. I had a chance to lock my price in I was suprised it didn't get over 2.35 per gallon. I bet those service stations that 14 Carrotts is talking about has a locked in rate also.

Hey 14 Carrots call that service station in the middle of the night and see if they come fill your tank after they or you run yourself out of gas.

You'll notice that the only people getting belittled around here are the complete idiots. If you're on here complaining about your price per gallon, it's your own fault for not locking it in at a super cheap rate over the summer.

Don't compare other company's first fill rates to the existing customer rate at AmeriGas. It's apples and oranges. Call AmeriGas to open a new account after you've been with your new provider for a while, and I guarantee they'll beat your new company's price. Every company in every field of business is going to offer a cheaper rate to new customers to lure them away from competitors. Don't be retarded.

So those other companies that are a lot cheaper, will they send an emergency tech out to your house at 3am if you're smelling gas? Is there someone there to answer the phone and talk about your bill at 10PM on a sunday? Do they have the purchasing power and transportation network to keep propane in your tanks when the refineries have shortages? Not surprisingly, the answer is NO. Don't act like the price that you're being asked to pay doesn't cover services that no other company can even offer, let alone provide.

14karat

I agree with "Just Helping"... politicians won't do anything.

I just dropped Amerigas after dealing with them for 6 years. They have consistently been between 60 cents to over a dollar more than the other local companies.

This month was the last straw. We called to order gas and they quoted me $3.10... and I can buy propane at a local gas station for $2.89. Called another propane company and they quoted me $2.29.

Guess who got my business now.

If Amerigas buys all of them out, I'll switch to all electric/wood.

As far as the other poster(s - I bet it's just one ***) here who seem to get a kick out of trying to belittle folks, nobody but you cares what you think.

So how exactly did you receive a delivery if your tank was already at 80%? The tanks are never filled beyond 80%, so did he pump it into the empty space in your skull, perhaps?

Also, your price per gallon is over $3 per gallon because you're retarded and didn't lock your price in. It sounds like the company tried to be nice and work with you by reducing the price per gallon, but instead of being grateful you're viewing it as some sort of attempt to ***. Charging you the market rate for gas when YOU chose not to lock your price in is not screwing you, that's how it works. And the market rate, just like with gasoline, changes from day to day depending on the trading price of commodities, supply and demand, etc.

You were quoted a price that is subject to change, waited a few days, and then it changed. REALLY ***KING SHOCKING ISN'T IT? The stupidity of some of this company's customers is staggering.

Don't go on the internet and talk trash about a company when the problems were created by YOU. Take responsibility for your own laziness and lack of intelligence.

Gundalf, you are absolutely correct. We are in Wake County and Amerigas has tried many times to screw us but never succeeded.

We received a delivery which we had not ordered (since we already had 80% in our tank and didn't need anymore)and we were charged $3.10 a gallon. I refused to pay it and the bill was reduced to $1.89 after many calls and complaints. We thought we were passed all the issues when we ordered another delivery this month, we were told it would be $3.04 a gallon and three days later when the delivery was made we were charged $3.69 a gallon. Needless to say I will not be paying more then the quoted price.

Amerigas is the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Going to War, you are just an ***.

you want to blame the ladies that answer the phones but it is corporate that is controlling the prices.

The only thing you're going to war on is your mom's filthy ***. Got any more lies you'd like to copy/paste around here?

Gundalf

Same happened to us at 30%... Called 3X before getting an answer, which was a recording...

Left a message but got no answer... Called again about a week later and was told that they'd get a delivery out to me, Which showed up about 10 days later... My big complaint is that it was supposed to be competitively priced... NOT!!!

Local prices in Preston County are $2.39 per gal.

and I got charged $3.70... We are going to war...

#119889

MarkB, if you ordered fuel at 30% like you're supposed to, you wouldn't have run out. Like an irresponsible *** you let your tank run out, then whined and flailed around like a baby because the company didn't put you ahead of thousands of other customers also in need of a delivery.

Those people called at 30% and didn't run out.

You're a mental midget who can't seem to follow instructions. Have some personal responsibility for your own ***king heating situation and pay attention next time.

#119844

The point is there is no competion. They own my propain tank and they are the only ones that can fill it.

THey made me wait over 10 days to fill my take when it was out of gas. Their customer support is a bad joke and their management is worst.

#119097

Being the largest by aquisition alone not by any effort on there part.When you buy a local business and close down the local office.Your customer base has now lost touch with what they had a face with whom they can relate a problem or concern. The main office are a bunch of mushrooms,trust me they have not clue concerning reality.They do not give a *** about there employee base either.For stock holders and customers alike I would abandon these jamokes quickly they have a blatant disreguard for federal safety codes,they are a disaster in the wait.

I see this daily everywhere.NO logic in pricing your nieghbor is probably paying a dollar less than you.

If you decide to remain a customer,find a comfortable to bend over because you will be eventually. God bless.You have been forewarned.......

I hear Amerigas "the largest propane company" is going to buy out Ferrill gas "the second largest company" How can we expect the price of propane will be then ? Amerigas will be America's only propane company next.

Government is not the Answer!

COMPETITION will deal with Amerigas.

Support your local propane provider and let the lack of customers take care of Amerigas.

View more comments (16)
Amerigas Customer Care
Loss
2 weeks before Christmas Amerigas required a $500 deposit to turn on our heat. We recieved our first bill postmarked on Jan.19 and due on the 19th,I was upset because it said failure to pay would result in a late fee. So I called the company and was told I had untill...
#231961

Review
We have placed an order with AMERIGAS on February 4, 2010 and We still do not have propane. Their policy states that they will service a customer within 7-10 days, however, it has been almost 3 weeks. We have continuously tried to contact them at their local office...

Amerigas has been filling my tank for years and over stating the gas used, by sometimes tripple. I will talk to a lawyer today.

Review

Amerigas - Absolutely horrible company!!!

1. Budget plan of $38 per month with last month's payment of $1100. And they call this their "Budget Plan". 2. 3 years in a row allowing the gas to run out then charging premium prices to refill. This way they are guarenteed to get winter prices for their gas. 3. When installing the tank, a 15 year binding contract to use only them, this so they don't have to please their customers. 4. An 24/7 emergency number that no one answers. A business phone that literally took 17 rings for anyone to answer. I RARELY ever leave negative comments about anyone or anything, prefering to chalk it up to experience and then moving on. But they are SO BAD that my advice to everyone is to use anyone BUT them!!

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Propane God, funny thing is you sound like the office manager at the local facility I use. You think you are right and it is OK for Amerigas to take advantage of people.

You maybe should take a step back and realize that there are more people complaining about the way Amerigas handles their business then those who are happy with them.

You are judging someone without knowing all the facts and if you are so f....ing wealthy, then why don't you give back to the community and pay for someone else's gas. It is people like you that make the good people of the world suffer.

hey propane god, you sound like that *** market manager i used to work for. if not him, you must be the fairy they recently hired to manage the *** i used to work for.

you don't hear the people, only yourself. do me a favor, ***

#120116

its unfortunate that people like you are allowed to order hazardous materials. Amerigas does not have any 15 year contracts, they just reserve the right to charge you something if you do cancel service.

maybe you should stick with something safer like candles or stuffed animals to keep you warm. forking dip5hit.

try paying your monthly budget plan MONTHLY and you won't have to worry about large balances. if you see the balance going up, use your raisen sized brain and send in more money.

View more comments (3)