Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
Time again for a prophane fill up at my home in San Diego County, Caifornia. Called my dependable Amerigas dealer in San Marcos for a delivery date. Oh By the way I asked the representive what are the prices today. She replied $3.69 gallon without hesitation. Now...

Amerigas Account
Being new to the use of propane and forgetting to check the level, I unfortunately let my tank get down to zero percent in the middle of winter with three small children in my home. When I spoke with an employee of the company, he advised that there was a $200...

Review

Amerigas has denied their customer service

I ordered gas from Amerigas on January 4, 2010 when I only had 5% propane left in tank. They finally arrived January 8, 2010 when I had 1% left. I was working and could not go behind the delivery man to check everything he touched. The reason I say that is about 3 years ago I checked the tank after it was refilled by Amerigas, and it was leaking a lot of propane out the fill valve. I called and the delivery man returned, replaced the valve and refilled the tank at no expense to me. This time, when I checked the tank 5 days later, I found the cap not put on and the check ball leaking. I had lost 20 gallons of fuel before I saw what was going on. I called, but this time the response I got was it was my tank, they are not reponsible. Then the bill came and I was billed $.50 more per gallon then I was quoted. The service manager said that he had been manager less than a year, but found they gave too many freebies and they are not responsible if the delivery man left the tank leaking because it was my tank. Funny, it wasn't leaking when they got there! Seems to me, they are very responsible, or should I say irresponsible...

Amerigas Tank Refill

Amerigas in Reston, Virginia - Overcharging and two different account numbers

I HAVE USED LESS THEN A TANK OF GAS PER YEAR FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS. I USE ABOUT 50 TO 60 DOLLARS A YEAR TO COOK. AMERIGAS HAS MY BILL UP TO 150.00 WITHIN SEVEN MONTHS. I HAD TYRONE AS MY SUPPLIER GOT A BILL AND PAID IT AND ONLY HAD ONE OTHER DELIVERY. THEY TRANSFERRED MY ACCOUNT TO BELEFONTE.PA. NOW THEY ADDED ON THAT I GOT TWO OTHER DELIVERYS I NOW HAVE TWO ACCOUNT NUMBERS. TALKED TO THEM TO NO AVAIL. I ASK THEM TO PICK UP TANKS 3 WEEKS AGO AND STILL HAVENT PICKCED THEM UP YET. I AM CHARGING THEM A RENTAL FEE FOR STORING THEM. I HAD ENOUGH OF THEM ALREADY.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

I am in Florida and also use a tank about every 13-15 months and have had Amerigas fill my tank and noticed it leaking. The delivery man did not replace the top and left the check valve leaking. They refused to refund or replace the lost propane.

View more comments (2)
Loss
We get filled once a month and have been with Amerigas for 3 years. We paid $3.45 a gal last month. They came to fill us today and handed me a bill for $4.53 a gallon after being told that our fill up was $3.45 a gal. I called and asked again what the price of propane...

Amerigas Manager
I can't get gas even when I call, been a customer since 1982 never had any problems with getting gas untill last six months. I pay on time and expect service when I need it. I called for delivery on the 22nd of january and now on the 25th I had to call again. This...

Amerigas Gas Tank

Amerigas in Latrobe, Pennsylvania - I cannot seem to get gas after calling for it.

I have been a customer since 1982 when you were suburban propane.Ihave never had any trouble untill the last six months. I never had to call for refills before now. I called on the 22nd of january for gas and now it is the 25th and I had to call again only to be told she (linda) would check with the driver to see why I wasn't delivered yesterday. I have a 500 gallon tank and use gas for heating and cooking along with gas logs. I cant see why it has become so difficult to obtain in the last six months.In the last 25 years I never had to call it was always delivered with out calling.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Just thought this contact may be helpful to you - got off AG website - To submit questions or comments regarding the quality of service you receive from AmeriGas, please click here or contact our National Customer Care Line at 1-800-GAS-4YOU (1-800-427-4968).

I would recommend that you contact the corporate office and complain. Just from personal experience, I believe this may due to the company not having enough workers to do the work and if the guys can't keep up with the work it is not their fault that the company won't hire any help or cut back their help so there is not enough employees to keep people supplied.

Then when the weather gets bad it is even worse because what they may have been able to do in 8 hours now takes them like 14 hours or longer!!!

Trust me I know someone who works for the company and they get treated terrible by customers and it is not his fault!!!! Also people should not wait until we are in the middle of a winter storm emergency to get gas!!!

We have attempted to contact the Warrenton, VA office several times to request delivery and always seem to get a busy signal and there is no way to leave a message. Our tank is below 5% so we must contact another provider.

We are now a dissatisfied customer. Please close our account.

View more comments (3)
Amerigas Gas Tank

Amerigas in Roseville, California - Computerized deliver system doesn't work!

Amerigas has converted to a computerized delivery system that takes into account weather and past use. Regardless of your tank level, drivers are told not to deliver without preprinted tickets. Customers are told that 35% is the level where you can be refilled. 3 weeks ago the driver was in my driveway delivering to my neighbor and I was at 30%. The driver verified this. He told me he was sorry but he couldn't fill me without a preprinted ticket. I waited for my turn to come up and at 12% called the company. I was told I would be scheduled for a delivery. 4 days later I am now at 7% and I have called again. I have now been informed it normally takes 5 to 7 days. The nights have turned cold and the California deserts have just gone through some serious flooding and power outages. To me it makes sense that there might be extra usage of the only utility available. With the delivery truck delivering in the near area, they can't stop to fill a long time customer. I would not recommend this company to anyone as long as the computerized delivery system stays in effect and I am shopping around for a replacement company.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Yes, even at three am! You can fill anyone at any time off the back of the truck or through the computer system on the truck.

I work for Amerigas and have delivered gas at any hour, anytime, every day of the week.We have the best customer service you can get! If you do not have credit, you are COD. That being said, you have to pay for and order a delivery that is guaranteed to be in the next 7 business days.

If you are a "keep full" customer it will be within an hour if you are out. Most of the complaints I have read on this site are from none paying, deadbeat customers.

i work for amerigas if that had been me i would of filled your tank after verifying if you were a keep full or a will call most drivers if there smart will have blank tickets on there trucks with them just for that purpose or if they get called for an out of gas call

So you admit that there have been weather issues and flooding lately, yet somehow the Amerigas truck is supposed to magically teleport itself through all of those problems to get propane to you? What about the 1.3 million other Amerigas customers who also need propane?

Did you bother to ask what happens if you actually DO run out?

They send a technician out to fill you, even at 3 in the morning if necessary. So quit your ***.

View more comments (4)
Amerigas Account

Amerigas in Kalamazoo, Michigan - Corporate Greed. Local Propane company feeds on the sick and elderly

On behalf of my mother-in-law, I would like to state that Amerigas can be officially labeled as a company that feeds on the old and weak. She is a two-time cancer survivor who lives alone in Howard City and is disabled because of her illness. She just scrapes by with the money and support she recieves. Amerigas came in without warning and charged her $5.84 per gallon, leading to a $1300.00 bill, and then offered her a package to lock in a rate when she called to complain. Companies like Amerigas should be boycotted out of business and their management should face criminal charges.

Hey Corporateinsider their computer system can identify cancer victims too? I thought it just identified people who where down on their luck and out of work to overcharge.

Wow that must be a real breakthrough in technology.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Just wanted to post and say that this person is completely right. I worked at Amerigas, and they have a huge computer system that keeps track of which of their customers has cancer or autistic children.

Whenever they find out once of their customers had cancer, they immediately double their price per gallon and do other things to make life difficult for that person.

Amerigas has made it their mission to do everything they can to charge cancer victims the highest possible price for propane, and their state of the art cancer tracking computer system is helping them do it! Wow!

Wow, what a bunch of *** trying to suggest a way for her to save money when she called in to complain about her $1300 bill. The nerve of some people! Let's all boycott AmeriGas and instead switch to a company that doesn't offer ways to reduce your price per gallon!

View more comments (3)
Review
We received our Amerigas bill and we were charged almost $2000.00 for 317 gallons of propane. We obviously thought it was a mistake, so we called and were told it was not a mistake, the going price for propane was $5.88 per gallon. They even told us that it was...

The prices they charge are terrible. I would like to know how they can charge fuel recovery fees etc.

Not looking forward to another winter with them. Doesnt matter who you go with, they are all putting to us.

Amerigas Manager