Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
Amerigas is a ripoff! They charge excessive amounts of money for everything. Their customer services people are rude. They do not have the consumers interest at heart. Amerigas charges the consumer to come out, to read your meter to stay, and they penalize the...

Amerigas Tank Refill
We have been Amerigas customers for years. We have gas heat, cooking and water heater. We can no longer afford to use the heat since my husband became disabled, therefore our usage has gone down to about 200 gallons a year and since we use less than 300 gals. they say...

Review
I have been a customer of Amerigas for 4 years, and I am changing propane companies. Not only are their rates almost double what you would pay elsewhere, but they took us off automatic delivery WITHOUT notification and placed us on "will call". We ended up running out...

Amerigas Customer Care
I pay in advance. Accept delivery on their schedule. I called for price. $3.45. Neighbor paying $1.99 Amerigas explanation; you are "locked in" but we will lower our price to keep you. How unethical is that? Instead of treating me well, they charge their best...

I am dealing with price issues as well. I feel we should get together on this and start a class action suit.

I don't need to get into my story because it's to long. If you can go out and find hard proof, fact'S ect... We will be able to do something about this....I have started an e-mail account, this is our staging area for the suit.

IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS CONTACT stopamrgasnow@live.com We have a case if everyone gets together with there own info,facts, and hard evidence we can WIN!!!!! Please contact this e-mail LETS STOP THE PRICE MONSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Review

Amerigas charges $1.12 per gallon more.

I have been a customer of amerigas for numerous years and never late with my payment. Now amerigas wants to charge me $1.12 per gallon more than the going rate because I do not use enough fuel(200 gal.per year).I bought 200 gal.in May of this year I called the first of Dec.for another 200 gal. and told I would have to pay the higher rate because I do not use enough fuel! sorry but you force me to be a new customer some where so I can get the cheaper rate.My wife and I are on a fixed income so we try to save money where we can and companies like you penalise us for it.Pissed of customer from Jonesvlle,Mi.My email is hawkins4800@hotmail.com if you would like to explain you actions.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Price gouging is Amerigas company policy. You are not alone.

I used more than 700 gal this year and I called for my price, for the first time, they told me $3.45. I called my local company, $1.99 and had been all year. Everyone pays the same. They publish their price.

I called to cancel, Amerigas offered to match. I switched. Now they won't pick up their tank and begin the refund process to return the $380.75 they have of mine, since i paid in advance and let them deliver on their schedule.

It's a corporate policy. Please do not do business with this company joe

Amerigas Customer Care

Amerigas in Hernando, Mississippi - Payment Options and cost

We were told on the phone that since our residence was owned by an individual with several properties using Amerigas that we would receive a discounted rate. They also told us that there was a 150 gallon minumum. When we got there, the man was rude...having just gotten back from lunch, and treated us with disdain and a condescending attitude. When he rang the order up, it totalled more than $325, after having been told on the phone that it would be no more than $280. It's a good thing that I had extra cash on me. The man then told us that he didn't know when the gas would be delivered, nor did he offer to call us on the day of delivery so that someone would be home. On the day of delivery, the truck arrived and after knocking on our door 3ith no answer, they left. Had our dog not started barking after they were pulling away, we would never have known they were here. We were able to call the dispatcher and they sent the guys back. This was at the Hernando, Mississippi location in November, 2009

#207305

Well we get calls about things like this frequently. If I could add to what ivlevinu2 said..

Most definitely sounds like out of gas situation, either that or he found a leak but if he completed it after it was probably just empty. That or being that you had to go pay in advance to office it could mean that you were actually locked off for non payment, which is same case you'd need to be home because interruption in service means it needs to be checked for leaks when turned back on for your safety.

I'm not clear on what you say happened. First off my experience would say ,if the owner of the properties uses Amerigas,than why are you expecting his discount?You will not get his discount unless he buys it on his account for you.

Second,the 150 gallon min purchase is not unheard of.Could the extra $45.00 be a cost to do a leak check because the tank was out of gas?

Third,You state the delivery driver knocked on your door before filling your tank.Most deliveries are made without someone being home,he didn't deliver,that's odd.You said you already paid for delivery and in all cases someone of adult age must be home for a leak check.By company policy,if an interruption of service has occurred, than a leak check must be performed. You did not answer the door ,he did not fill tank.Don't you think it strange, that he completed his job when you were home when he returned the second time?

View more comments (3)
Review

Amerigas in Fleetwood, Pennsylvania - Let an individual charge propane to my name

I own a tank for the convenience of my tenant, my own personal heating is with oil. I have no account with Amerigas in the Hazelton Pennsylvania area. They took a phone call and filled the tank for my tenant and charged the amount to my name. They now insist that I am responsible for the bill. The tenant who fraudulently called to get propane for her personal use now refuses to pay saying the account is not in her name. The company has a notice in their records that the "tenant" called and requested propane. There is nothing in the records that I authorized or set up an account for anyone to have access to the account. They are sending this account to a collection agency to get the money from me even knowing that I did not permit or use their product. The only evidence is that they have a copy of the original receipt that I own the tank located at the property.

#207307

Would be interesting to find more about this situation. There is company policy that unless it is keep full or cod they will not delivery unless the person who's name on the account is requesting it.

If it was a billable they would normally require the landlord to call and authorize if it is in his name.

Now if they had called back later and said they were you fraudulently that could have gotten delivery but there are ways to correct situation. If needed contact customer care they can usually help situation as a me diary dealing with local office management.

If I was the person in charge, the tank would be drawn off for what was put in unlawfully.I'm sure YOU are not allowing Amerigas access to the tank to either let them lock it off or let them get the proper amount of gas out.That's why you are getting the bill.It maybe your tank, but but the gas is not free,even if Amerigas made a delivery mistake.I'm not a judge,so let the courts decide.

View more comments (2)

Amerigas in Medina, Ohio - Having to wait more than five months for refund

After choosing another company that provides better propane and cheaper price, AMerigas just played with a customer that had been reliable for over ten years, always paying on time. Now they are holding oveer $ 300.00 of my money plus refuse to pick up tank and refund what is left inside. Constantly told a different story from the call center, even their supervisors. I have never seen or dealt with a company that runs so poor. The company are the people. The people are a poor example. Guess a lawyer is my next bet. They must think the general public are ignorant. I will let anyone know who decides on propane service in the future, who to stay away from.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

We are currently going through the same thing. We were on automatic delivery and ran out of fuel twice in one month.

They had to send a driver from almost 60 miles away when there is a terminal less than 12 miles away. We finally had enough when our system broke down and they continued to fill out tanks after being told not to. We waited almost a year for them to pick up our tanks and it has now been two months with no refund in sight. We called today and were told it would be 4 to 6 weeks now.

Unbelievable!! We are going to the Better Business Bureau with our complaint now.

Review
I am sick and tired of Amerigas! When I bought my house their tank was already in the ground. Never having used propane before it seemed okay to us to sign a contract with them. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!! Their pricing is all over the place. We are certain our tank was not...

Product
Amerigas Gas Tank

Amerigas in Mesquite, Nevada - There prices are a rip off in Beaver Dam,Az

They did not offer me a pre buy this year @2.08 per gallon and then never filled my tank until I called when it got to 20%. Then they told me it was $3.79 per gallon. I argued with the driver and he did lower it to 2.75. This area is well below the poverty level WITH A UNEMPLOYMENT RATE of about 20%. The driver told me several have converted to electric and that is what I am in the process of doing ASAP. Everyone is looking for reliefe but we are in a area without competition.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

GOOD FOR YOU GO ELECTRIC THE ELECTRIC COMPANY HAS A MONOPOLY SO THEY GET SUBSIDIES FOR UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE TO GET POWER WITH NO PAYMENT YOU CAN GIVE THEM 20 BUCKS A MONTH AND OWE 400.OO