tank propane gas service customer customer service bill office delivery price
After being what I thought was a good customer for 5 years cod means just that -never owed um a dime . Got into a pinch out of gas no heat no money till end of this week -they (Marsha)said well then call us when u get your check... Well I called when I got my...

These people are nuts! They charge $60 to come and get their tanks when you switch suppliers.

THEIR tanks!

And the woman running the office now is very, very rude. She should not be working with the public.

Amerigas Gas Tank

Amerigas refuses to deliver until tanks are down to 35% !!!!

I called to see when they were going to come and deliver gas and fill the propane tanks. She informed me that they are now waiting until the tanks are at 35% full according to their computers. Why wasn't a letter sent out to customers with this new regulation. This company comes up thru our town and delivers to my husbands employer every month; you telling me they can't side track by 5 miles and fill our tanks. There is other people in our mobile home park that uses them also. People cannot afoord to wait that long. Just come and fill them once a month.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

thats right, more likely you have either 2 100#cyl or 100 gal tank. and yes you did good for calling on 35%, and yes it should be del when the drivers are in the area, and intermingle with current del tickets..

Tanks are only filled to 80% liquid max. 40% is half full,and your complaining about 5% less than half?

What's your tank size? You maybe worried over nothing.In most cases, 35% is a normal % to get a fill because hazmat fees,federal tax, county tax, state tax added on to cost of gallon of propane, is most cost effective for most customers

IT COST A LOT TO RUN THAT TRUCK IF A BUSINESS USES ENOUGH TO BE AT 35% WEEKLY ITS WORTH IT TO GO WEEKLY IF YOU LIVE IN A PARK AND USE ENOUGH TO GET TO 35% A MONTH THEY LL COME GET YOU IF YOU PAY IF YOUR A LOSER LIKE THE REST OF THESE COMPLAINERS AND DON'T PAY I AIN'T GIVING YOU GAS THATS WORTH 200.00 AND YOU PAY ME 20.00 CAUSE THATS ALL YOU HAVE YOU NEED TO GO ELECTRIC AND QUIT *** UP MY MONTHLY RECONCILIATION I HATE HAVING LOSERS THAT WANT ME TO CARRY THERE BILLS FOR 180 DAYS WITH NO PAYMENTS I WISH WE WOULD GO TO ALL RESIDENTIAL CASH IN ADVANCE AND DUMP THE LOSER CUSTOMERS GO TO A MOM AND POP AND SEE IF THEY'LL CARRY YOU FOR MONTHS WITH NO PAYMENT AND DODGING COLLECTIONS CALLS

View more comments (3)
Review
just that the poeple at amerigas does not care about the american public that doesnt have the finacial means.that really on help,because they have to rob peter to pay paul ,in order to stay a float,then have a reprepresentive of amerigas be rude and just im polite ,for...
#611934

Yes there are way better companies then Amerigas. Ive been with them for 12 years.

They were first level, then Horizon and now Amerigas. I've watched this company go from one of the best Propane companys to the worst. This summer I am changing to Suburban Propane. Every single company that I have looked at is over a $1 sometimes almost $2 cheaper and with none of those hidden costs that keep accumulating in our bill.

For a company that is having a rough time, they sure don't get that if you lose your customers, you lose your business. Maybe if enough of us say we have had enough they will change hands once again and someone who respects that hardworking ppl of this country will treat there customers fairly

Service
Amerigas Customer Care

Poor customer service | Amerigas review from Scottsdale, Arizona

Ameragas skipped my delivery area and leaving me without any gas for the coming week due to the weather and that I live in an area with dirt roads. I informed them that there were two other companies doing deliveries in my area that day since I saw them drive past my house. They stated that they missed a lot of deliveries that day due to the weather and they will be out there on their next scheduled date. I was given the option to pay $170 to have the driver come out there today and fill my tank. They were told no thank you, my account was canceled, and I went with a new company that has a BBB rating of A+, is a member of ethicalaz, and has much better prices for gas, tank rental, will make up any missed deliveries if any happen and will not want to charge you to make up for their missed deliveries.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

My gas deliver put the vent too close to the eave so it overheated and caused some concerns. They've adjusted the distance and it's been working better.

Deliver asks goofy questions, too. Something customers probably need to overlook?

GOOD FOR YOU ENJOY YOUR NEW COMPANY WITH DIFFERENT POLICIES BUT YOU DON'T NEED TO *** YOU HAVE A CHOICE AND YOU CHANGED. BUT I'M SURE YOUR NOT TELLING THE WHOLE STORY JUST THE PART THAT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A VICTIM

View more comments (2)
Amerigas Account

Amerigas changed delivery schedule practices

I had trouble last year with the new delivery practices of Amerigas and they told me it just had a few kinks in it and needed some time to straighten out. This year it is still the same. Previously, local stores set their own delivery schedule. I could call in and get gas within 3 days and never worry. They efficiently and effectively grouped their daily deliveries by area. Now it goes through a central dispatch and takes over 3 weeks to get gas. I live in a rural farm area but gas trucks pass by my house regularly to get to "standard" deliveries, with daily routes inefficiently taking them from one side of the county for the first stop, to the other side of the county for the second stop and for the third stop back to the first stop delivery area. With all the "green" and "conserve" flags let alone todays economy and rising gas prices, this is just plain inefficient. Amerigas need to allow the local stores to set their own schedules if they so desire. Such inefficiency by the "largest distributor" should not be tolerated by us, the consumer! We already pay tank rental and should be given the same consideration as the larger consumers and receive gas in a reasonable amount of time after call in. Three weeks is not reasonable. If we want it sooner, they have "graciously" allowed us to pay rediculously high expediting charges and get service within a week. Big Whoop!

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

*** YOU PAY TANK RENT LIKE WHAT ABOUT 50/60 BUCKS A YEAR *** TANKS ONLY COST ABOUT 1100.00 WHOLESALE I SHOULD KISS YOUR *** YOU MAKE IT 3 MONTHS WITHOUT NEEDING GAS YOU AINT BUYING ENOUGH YOU SHOULD KISS MY *** I SELL TO YOU GO TAKE YOUR 4 YEARLY PURCHASES TOTALING MAYBE 1000 GALLONS AND SHOVE THEM UP YOUR *** AND LIKE IT. I'M SO SICK OF YOU *** PEOPLE THINKING YOUR THE ONLY PERSON THAT MATTERS.

THERE ARE OVER A 1000 PEOPLE NEEDING FUEL AND YOU WANT ME TO SEND THE DRIVER TO DROP YOU 50 GALLONS AND STAY THERE AND TONGUE BATH YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO SELL YOU PROPANE GO *** YOURSELF GET SOMEBODY ELSE AND ENJOY. I WISH YOU A LOT OF LUCK GETTING A MOM AND POP TO CARRY YOU FOR MONTHS TILL YOU CAN PAY. IF ALL YOU LOSERS WOULD PULL YPUR HEADS FROM YOUR *** YOU'D SEE THAT THE REASON BIG COMPANIES ARE BUYING OUT SMALL DEALERS IS BECAUSE BOBS GAS TRUSTED YOU LOSERS TO PAY YOU DIDN'T SO HE HAD TO SELL TO COVER HIS CREDITORS THAT WHERE WANTING PAID.

ALL COMPANIES NEED TO GO CASH IN ADVANCE *** I COULD DROP MY PRICE BECASUE THEN I WOULD'NT HAVE TO COVER ALL THE *** *** THAT WANTS EVERYTHING FOR FREE CAUSE THEY DID *** FRIED THERE BRAIN AND NOW LIVE OFF OF WELFARE. PLEASE GOT TO ELCTRICITY THE POWER COMPANY HAS A MONOPOLY AND GOVERMENT SUBSIDIES YOU CAN SCREW THEM ALL YOU WANT BECAUSE DON'T WORRY MY TAXES WILL PAY YOUR BILLS AND YOU CAN SLEEP TILL NOON THEN GOT AND GET SOME FREE HEALTH CARE BECASUE YOU HAVE A RUNNY NOSE.LOSERS!!!!!!!!

View more comments (1)
Amerigas Gas Tank
If you have or are considering purchasing propane gas from the Amerigas company!!!! STOP, RUN AWAY!!!! You will be mis-billed,told misinformation, charged outrageous rates far beyond other companies rates, they will deliver gas when you do not want it and wont deliver...

I suffered through 3 winters with amerigas and non delivery and incorrect bills. lost count of all the phone calls to get things corrected and fed up with always hearing they would take care of the problem.

finally had to go to court to remove a 1100.00 over charge.

so heed the advice. run forest, run

Amerigas Gas Tank

Amerigas - nondelivery - again!

I must deal with Amerigas on Long Island - their Wyandanch office. They are extremely rude. On Friday, 11/6 I called to order a gas delivery. As usual they indicated that they only deliver in my area on Mondays but that they don't have another delivery date available until Mon., 11/16. I had to pay the three hundred dollars for the delivery for them to even make the appointment to fill the tanks - 10 days ahead of delivery date at a time when we are unemployed and barely surviving week to week! I called the office today to make sure that I would receive my delivery as we have had scheduled deliverys before that never came and they assured me that they would be here today. Well - once again - no delivery and during the 10 days I've been waiting I've now run out of gas and am cooking in a microwave! I called the office again at 4:30 - they were already closed and transferred me to the emergency office who said they would have someone contact me in the morning and hung up while i was giving the number.....this is a horrible rude disfunctional company!

It's AMERIASS THE RUN YOU OUT OF PROPANE COMPANY

CUT STAFF TO SAVE MONEY AND affect your Safety. Money driven *** sucking *** bastards..

I work for this company and your correct. They are *** *** who.are putting themselves out of bussiness.

Even new boss MR BOB!!! *** CLUELESS go back.to synergy did.great job there went oit of bussiness

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Thank you Judy for being so nice to me and taking care of my account. I have read these notes that people have wrote.

I have had a problem one time and you had your manager Mr.Owens call and explain what had happened he promptly sent me a truck and fulfilled my needs. It was and inconvience for me but your courteous and his promptness to the problem is what keeps me coming back. I wished everyone had a store to deal with as I do.

I realize i could find a cheaper source of heat like electricity or oil but for the service that i receive i don't mind paying a little more. Thank you and God Bless.

if you are a will call customer, and you know we are in a certain place on a certain day of the week, why didnt you call on the thursday, or friday, and then you would of gotten your gas on monday.. and yes call on 30 or 40%, its alot cheaper, than calling out of gas, or below 10%

1. Get a job you worthless leech.

You're clearly told to call for fuel between 30 and 40 percent. If you wait until you're down to 5 percent before ordering and then there's a delay, you run out of gas.

It's your own *** fault for waiting so long. Take responsibility for your own idiocy.

View more comments (7)

Rudeness and non- delivery | Amerigas review from South Hadley, Massachusetts

I ran out of propane for cooking in my home. I called amerigas in Palmer and they have a woman there (Terry) that is extremely rude and condescending. They never offered to sen a man out for an extra charge (which I would have paid) and told me that they would call the morning of the delivery to let me know that they were coming. I told them that was unacceptable so she said they would call Monday (5 days later) to tell me the day they would be in my area. Who does business this way? I had to eat out for a week or cook in my microwave. They made me wait a full week for propane!! They are the rudest company I have ever dealt with and it happens every time I call.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

I forgot to mention that even your reply to this guy is mean and condensending and rude.

Considering the fact that at will customers get "topped off" and extra fees for delivering, I would put the at will customers down too If I was your customer. I too ran out when I was out of state.

When I returned and found it emtpy I was charged for checking it even tho I rent the tank. I was rudely told, not once but twice by two different people it had to be tested and not once did they mention a fee to test THEIR tank. My tank has never been checked or maintained in the time I have been living here and started renting their tank unless I complained it was leaking, one of which times it was filled one day and empty the next. They promise me in the summer to maintain it in the fall.

In the Fall they promise me in the spring. They didn't want to "ruin your pretty flowers". In the spring they never show up and we do it all over. When I tried to cancel them it costs me 200.00.

When they test their tank it cost me 97.00 (Half of the fee to get rid of them). None of the fees were ever explained and when I complained about that they said I excepted their rules when I accepted their gas.

I never even knew the company I liked was bought out until I started getting poor service and complained....You can't win with this company. They are scammers.

We do our best to accomodate customers, even those who do not take responsibility for their own LP for cooking or heating. I apologize if you are a automatic fill customer, but if you are a will call customer federal regulations permit us 10 days to deliver. The old adage of "Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part" comes to mind.

That being said . . . I do wish at times that we had some "rude" people that worked in our office (OK, they are rude but not in this particular motif). A will call customer calls and complains that they are out of gas. Our girls call and we are suppose to drop our scheduled customers (at our shop we have 8 hrs/day industrial routes to run so anything above and beyond that really messes us and our regular customers up) and go immediately to the OOG call.

It will help immensely if you would keep an eye on your gauge and call at aroud 30%. That way it gives the driver (who really gives a rats *** about the company) time to schedule it into his route plus it gives you time to search for the best price which most often is not amerigas.

View more comments (3)
Review
I know someone that delivers for Amerigas and the manager in his shop is a complete, incompetent *** who couldn't manage her way out of a wet paper bag. She has purposely sabotaged his route when he's gone and when the customers complain she blames him and...

I used to work for this idiotic company. They only care about the bottom line and will rip off the customer any chance they get.

And employees are treated like ***. The Western Region is micro managed into the ground.

Amerigas Terrible Customer Relations

Amerigas has us on automatic delivery, Thanksgiving 2008 we missed a payment due to illness, they did not notify us of missed payment, although we have a telephone, and mail delivery, as well as cellphones. They "missed" a delivery in freezing weather, which we discovered when there was no heat and no hot water Wednesday afternoon. When we called for a delivery, we paid immediately on the phone, we were told that they could not make a delivery until Monday, we requested after explaining the situation and then agreed to make a delivery that day. They delivered same day, but charged $400.00 for emergency delivery. Can you believe that?? Freaking incredible, characteristic of thugs and thieves. Possibly preplanned?? I recommend not to patronize them.... We just discovered that Amerigas is much more expensive than other suppliers. We're changing suppliers..

we have contracted services for amerigas for ten years we have watched there management first hand what a pathetic mess from back stabbing to smoking near open propane dispensers' I to am a customer and they wanted to put me on automatic delivery and I refused and I kept an eye on my own tank I am right down the street from them and they still cant deliver on time or safely

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

i've been asking them for SIX YEARS to call ahead before they come and have repeated my request nearly a dozen times. they never do.

it's even written on my account info. still, they never do. again today, no calls. and do they provide any contact information apart from the "local" connection?

here comes the proverbial letter to the officers in PA.

You can report them to the BBB which shows they have a GOOD rating in my area (must be paid to give them the rating because no one that I know like them). The FCC states they do not goven them but suggests I write to the Attorney General which is what I am in the process of doing. Rude responses from the people on here is good enough proof of how they treat their customers.

You didn't pay your bill, but somehow Amerigas is to blame? Sounds like you need to grow up and pay your bills on time like a responsible adult would.

And yes, there is a fee for an emergency delivery.

It costs the company a TON of money to send a truck, driver, and equipment all the way out for just one stop. You're too busy tantruming like a child to think about the cost for fuel, training, certification, insurance, salary, and a dozen other costs that are involved with make a special trip out because you couldn't pay your bill on time.

@Larry

Larry,

We were sick, Wife in hospital, we are not irresponsible adults as you are so inclined to infer.. Also, the delivery had Thurs and Friday to arrange a delivery, were one regular delivery could have been slid on the time frame, during regular hours.

There was no need for after hours, or weekend delivery. Like you, they are just angry vindictive thieving arrogant sub-humans

I certainly hope that you folks remember that that comes from the people in the offices whether it is locally or from Valley Forge. They do NOT care about you as a person ONLY as a $$$$$.

AND I would recommend that you never pay your bill thru "lock box" as amerigas would want you to. There is OVER $2 million dollars LOST in that system and no one has any clue.

Can anyone spell embezzlement? And if you pay and your payment gets lost who do you think will get the blame for it?

Terrible customer relations - you got that right! My complaint is that we had service with them for 2 years and then we had 2 or 3 months last year that we were late paying our budget payment.

We have always paid them in full however! So now they "kicked me off the budget plan" and wanted me to sign some kind of paper saying that I will be responsible for letting them know when the tank is at 30% or below and that I will have to pay up front from now on.

I understand there are people out there who take advantage and never pay - but if they looked at our records they would know that we are not those people! Don't treat me like a child!

Sorry I lost my job and couldn't pay you on time for those two or three months! Geesh!

View more comments (7)