Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Amerigas double charging this month

Has anyone else had theyre account drafted twice in error? I have called them for the last week needing this reversed due to needing the money very badly and they could care less. Was told it would be fixed "sometime next week" Its been over a week and I faxed proof from my checking account to them.Thats stealing and now they are gaining interest on all the customers they have done this to.It was easy for them to double draft why cant it be just as easy to credit it back? They dont understand people are literally broke and dont have "extra" $$ to just blow something like this off. I have no gas this week to get to work because I live paycheck to paycheck and was counting on that money to be in MY checking account. Not theyres!

View more comments (1)
Amerigas Account
Used these people for almost 20 years. When my inground tank began to leak I deceided to finish my conversion to natural gas. Can't get them to properly abandon my tank or refund the $1200+ dollars credit balance.I've made numerous calls which went unanswered. Never...

Amerigas Gas Tank
I have an account, they turned it over to a collection company for a 140$ and I had just made a payment the month before. The bad thing is, I have a lease on a tank for the next year and they acted like they were not going to get the money, on top of that I have to...

We use propane in the winter for supplemental heating. Our tank is always depleted by the end of the season, and we use only 100 gal.

This year, Amerigas came and replenished our tank, but locked our tank out tagging it as needing to be leak tested. Then they want to charge us about $50 for 20 mins to do the leak test. Have family member willing to do this for free. Amerigas said only they can do this.

We rent our equipment. Called local office, they say it is for our and their technician's safety as well as their liability. This is just another way to make more money. Not only that, but they don't even have the lowest rate around here.

If I would have known this before delivery, I would have canceled and gone with Suburban Propane.

I did write into Amerigas via the website. Just wondering who else has this happened to?

Amerigas Gas Tank
i have 4 children to of witch have lung problems and this company left them with no heat or way for me to cook for them for 7 and a half days. they were by my house 2 times since i called to try and get a delivery. i only live about 20 min from there office. but they...

Amerigas Account

Amerigas Come Get Your Tanks!!!

I am waiting for Amerigas to come get their tanks since November 2008, it is now the end of September 2009. They charged me a tank fee for not using enough propane, which was never in any contract I signed and have been a loyal customer since they were LEVEL PROPANE many years ago. I am billing them for caretaker services and may make a HOG roaster out of one if they are not gone by November. A year is long enough to exersize ownership transfer. As the weeks move On I will move them down the driveway closer to the road. Maybe someone will pick them up.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

FIRST OFF DO NOT TOUCH THE VALVES unless you want to be creamated and try calling corprate mgrs realy dont like haveing to explain why they are slow as *** and dumb as dirt if they wont give you contact info i will i just walked out today from amerigas and not real fond of them however thats not water in that tank and a leak no matter how small is bad and realy all you have to do is say you smell propane around the tank

Or you could calm the *** down and be patient like a civilized human being. The tank doesn't take up much space, and unless you've got a postage stamp sized yard I think you'll be just fine. Have some patience for crying out loud.

Sirlazer

After 30 days of you notifing them to pick up their tanks, you should charge them a storage fee. :grin

Did they try to charge you a termination fee of $95.00? I been with them since 7/02

and left them because all of these hidden charges.

I told them take me to court because in my so contract it's not mention. I don't even have a term agreement.

'Ya know, if that Tank had a "LEAK", & it was reported to local Fire Dept., the Fire Dept. would get in touch with them to get it "NOW"!!!!!

I think I would check for leak realy early on Sunday Morning!! There's a tiny valve on the side, that is 'FAMOUS' for leaking!!

View more comments (5)
Amerigas Customer Care
Looking to switch propane suppliers, we contacted the local Amerigas dealer (north Florida). We needed three new tanks, and planned to install a tankless water heater. An appointment was made--giving wide latitude for salesman who, we were assured, would call between 9...

Amerigas Cotinues to Rip Off Consumers

So the REASON they decided to put only 15# instead of 17# in your tank back in August of 2008 when "the cost of propane was rising sharply" was "to avoid further increases, at that time, in the cost per exchange for consumers." Isn't that special?? Now that propane is at a 7 year low do you think they will go back up to 17#s? Yeah right! That would be like Mayor Daley in Chicago reducing fees and taxes!! Do yourself a favor and go to places that don't rip you off. Where's Hank Hill when we need him??

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

YOU *** IDIOTS YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT PROPANE COSTS YOU SEE A BS STORY ON 60 MINUTES ABOUT THE MIDWEST AND FIGURE YOUR PRICE SHOULD BE FREE IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE EXCHANGE HAUL YOUR LAZY *** TO THE LOCAL STATION AND GET THE CYLINDER FILLED GO *** YOURSELF YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THE AMERIGAS EXCHANGE PROPANE IS NOT A UTILITY THAT GETS A MONOPLY HOLD ON AN AREA GO *** YOURSELF YOU WHINY PIECE OF *** YOUR 19.00 DOLLARS IS KEEPING THE DOORS OPEN NOT!!!!!!!!

Why is it that the price of gas has gone down at the pumps and by the barrel yet propane has remained high and unchanged?

"It's amazing that there isn't any other Propane Companys 'complained-about' on this site! Wonder WHY??

Would it be because "no other cos. "rip-people-off"? Or would it be because Amerigas "OWN'S THIS SITE"?!!

If so, try using 'Blossman Gas, Energy United, Freeman's Gas, Suburban Gas, R&B GAS, G&B Gas, SouthernStates !! Wonder how long this 'comment' will last!

View more comments (3)

Amerigas in Orchard Park, New York - Ameri-Gas

Just purchased new property and called Ameri gas on July 15th to schedule service for 08/07/09. They arrived and the service man was very helpful, however unable to fill tank due to possibly belonging to another company. Re-scheduled for 9/4/09 for delivery of gas once we found out tank was owned by myself. Week before 9/4/9 I called and asked if there was going to be any problem with inspecting and filling tank on same day, if so I wanted to know what I could do to make sure both happened. The representative there told me there should be no problem we can do both. on 09/4/09. I waited from 8 am until 3 pm for them to show, No one came so I called. The representative then stated he is only coming to inspect and he will be there but we are not delivering gas today. Ridiculous I replied, told them never mind I would find someone else to deliver.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

HEY RETIRED PROPANE *** GAS CHECK IS A VOLUNTARY PROGRAM THAT SOME COMPANIES USE AND YOU LIKE MOST PEOPLE THAT DO IT AREN'T EVEN SURE HOW TO CORRECTLY COMPLETE THE INSPECTION. AND IF YOU HAD BEEN EMPLOYED BY ANY BODY OF LARGE CAPACITY SALES YOU WOULD KNOW YOU DON'T DELIVER TO EVERY BODY EVERYDAY YOU HAVE ROUTES AND YOU HAVE TO TRAIN PEOPLE THAT THERE ROUTED DAY IS MONDAY AND THEY AREN'T GETTING GAS ON WEDNESDAY UNLESS THEY PAY A OFF SCHEDULE FEE SO THEY WILL REMEMBER THAT THEY NEED TO CALL BEFORE MONDAY SO THEY WILL LOOK AT THERE TANK INSTEAD OF HAVING TO SPEND $100.OO *** YEAH C.O.

TANKS ARE DANGEROUS DO YOU KNOW WHY WE STOPPED GIVING LONER TANKS TO FARMERS YEARS AGO BECAUSE THEY WOULD GO GET THERE AMONIA IN MY FARM CARTS AND YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW THAT AMONIA IS CORROSIVE TO BRASS AND COPPER SO HOW DO WE KNOW THIS GUY DIDN'T BY HIS TANK FROM FARMER JOHN WHO USED MY CART FOR AMONIA AND TO TOP OFF HIS OWN TANK BECAUSE HE HAD PROPANE LEFT OVER AFTER BURNING. YOUR PROBABLY FROM A STATE THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TESTING OR LICENSING REQUIRMENTS AND WALKED IN THE CO-OP ONE DAY AND GOT A JOB AS A PROPANE MAN.

YOU ARE THE REASON THINGS LIKE GENT W.V. HAPPEN UNQUALIFIED UNTRAINED PEOPLE HANDLING A DANGEROUS PRODUCT.

"The Delivery Driver , if properly trained, should do a 'Gas Check' before filling Tank, but , however, the Service Tech. should have already performed that when he was there & delivery should have been "next-day".

July 15th is "NOT" a busy time of year for deliverys, as he stated, "We're not delivering today." Sounds like "very-poor-service" & this 'gassman'needs to be at work in the field & not @ Boss' Desk watching 'Soap-Operas'. Or should I say "kneeling" @ Boss' Desk.

"Who are you guys?! What is 'danderous'?

I think you should look to a company that has "real-professionals" that employees 'quality-staff' with exp.

to handle "quick-responce" to customers, be small or large. This 'Industry' is too large to "put-up" with 'White-Trash' ( gassman )that spends thier time 'impressing-thier-superiors'.

Meanwhile back at Peyton Place...Martha is telling Bob that she is carrying another delivery driver's baby...and so the Homer world turns...what a joke.

Did they say what day they would deliver?

Maybe the next morning? Did you even ask? Customer owned tanks are the most danderous, not because they are bad, because the delivery company has no idea about their history. The office person should not have promised you a delivery same day (as inspection) unless they were very sure of it.

Agreed.

Hope you didn't jump the gun, also hope you get great service and prices. Peace.

The reson this customer did not get a 'Delivery' is because the H'ville Office has a Delivery Driver that is MARRIED to the 'Office-Manager' that know's all the 'Manager's'"dirty-little-secrets"!! So if she wants her 'LAZY-Little-Hubby' to have a GRAVY-DAY, he does!

You'll see him at one of the many 'WaffleHouses' in the area! He is particulerly fond of the one in Columbus because it's "out-of-sight" so to speak!! She (the office manager) is accustom to talking to her Sister until about 10AM, so you can't get thru to office.

You have to leave a message! The 'Manager' knows these things, but like I said, She know's all his "dirty-little-secrets"

View more comments (6)
Amerigas Tank Refill

AmeriGas Strikes Again

AmeriGas bought out All Star Gas over a year ago. My service has been totally unacceptable ever since. They talk about their automated program to ensure you don't run out. Doesn't work. Ran out of propane again over the weekend and they tell me it will be 7-10 days before I will get a delivery unless I agree to Pay $185 special delivery charge. This company puts its customers at the bottom of its priorities. I intend to ensure that everyone in my community is aware of this most recent snafu. I have not had one successful conversation with these people since they took over my account. Not even mad anymore. Just pissed.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

NFPA will not help with delivery problems.

NFPA is an organization that produces a book that lists minimal rules and regulations for instulation of gas piping and venting. It is used to determin adaquate pipe size and distance of equipement from important locations. simple facts is correct about delivery info.

YOU ARE ALL *** IDIOTS THE NFPA IS NOT A REGULATORY INTITY THEY ARE AN ASSOCIATION THAT WRITES AND SELLS CODE BOOKS FOR DIFFERENT INDUSTRIES. PROPANE IS NOT THE SAME AS NATURAL GAS OR ELECTRIC UTILITIES WE DON'T HAVE THE MONOPLOY OR THE GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES.

THE *** THAT SAYS CALL EVERYONE AND SEE WHO COMES FIRST ISN'T ON PROPANE AND DOESN'T DO THAT IF YOU CALL ME AND MY COMPETITORS FOR GAS THE SAME DAY AND THEY GO FIRST AND THEN YOU REFUSE MY DRIVER YOU WILL BE ON MY NO DELIVERY LIST AND WHEN YOU NEED GAS AND THEY CAN'T GET YOU I WILL NOT DELIVER TO YOU UNLESS YOU GO TO THE OFFICE AND PAY CASH IN ADVANCE. YOU *** THINK ITS SO EASY TO DO THIS BUSINESS *** YOU PLAY GAMES AND SEE WHERE YOU ARE WHEN YOUR *** *** RUNS OUT OF GAS ON CHRISTMAS EVE IF YOUR ON MY LIST YOU WON'T GET MY HELP AND I'M THE ONLY COMPANY AROUND MY AREA THAT HAS AFTERHOURS(FOR A FEE)SERVICES. GET ELECTRIC EVERYTHING AND SCREW OVER YOUR AREA UTILITY.

THEY CAN RECOVER THERE LOSSES THROUGH SUBSIDIES. ENJOY YOUR WINTER ***.

The only time a "Keep Fill" customer runs out of gas and is charged, is if the account was past due. As long as the account is in good standing, the propane will be sent out to you that night for no extra fee. You can't blame AmeriGas for not paying your bill.

"Don't let the 'Gas-Companys' dictate to you (the Consumer)how you will be treated! It is "YOU" the customer that should dictate how you are to be serviced!

At these prices, 'THEY' should be glad someone still uses it!! "Buy" your tank!! When you order gas, give them a 'DEADLINE' to be there or you go somewhere else! Then, don't wait for them (whoever you called), call another Gas Co.

& have them on the way too!! Whoever gets there first, gets your business! These 'Gas Companys' manipulate people to do things the way "THEY" want you to! It's common among Gas Co.

to tell thier employees to "Train-Your-Customers"! If you take the Gas Co. back to when they "had to COMPETE" for your business, you will get better service! "REMEMBER"!!!!

You are the CUSTOMER!!! Without YOU, who are they going to sell to?.......(Wonder how long 'Don' will let this stay on here?)

If your account was past due then your propane delivery is on hold until the bill i spaid in full. Once it's paid then standard delivery time is put into effect, 7-10 days unless you pay the expedite fee.

Being on keep fill you have to pay your bill each month in full and on time. You also need to make sure your report any usage changes because that effects how your keep fill is forcasted.

However, if the account was in good standing and not a hold on keep fill, I would request a manager. I used to work there and saw this alot.

If you ere on a 'KEEP-FILLED' account, & can prove that was your choise of delivery, then you do not have topay a delivery-fee!!! Contact the B.B.B.

& the 'NFPA' about how you were treated!

In the FUTURE, be a 'Will-Call' Customer & tell them what time you want the delivery! Pay the driver a "COD", 7 then it's his wagon to role then!!

If you were on a "Keep-Filled" program, you are not to be charged a 'Del. Fee'!!

Get in touch with Better Bus. Burea & 'The NFPA'!! You have 'rights' as a customer that relys on 'company's service'!!

The NFPA will *** a Knot in thier ....... where they earn thier paychecks!!

View more comments (7)
Amerigas Account
"I was 'FIRED' after reporting Managers' mis-use of company's funds & rules. My call to the 'Ethics Committee'got me FIRED!!!!! Debbie Ranson would not listen & all my 'REPORTS' were ignored & covered up to protect Tim Owens (The...

Amerigas Manager