Monmouth Beach, New Jersey

Just received another invoice from Amerigas and noticed two addional fees added to the original cost of propane delivery. After reading the fine print on the opposite side of the invoice I became aware the this company is charging its customers for something listed in the description as "HazMat Fees" which states that Amerigas adds the fee to help offset its costs to comply with state, federal and local regulations, homeland security, blah, blah, blah, are you kidding me?

They are charging their customers EXTRA money to deliver propane, isn't this already in the price of propane? Are they NOT in the delivery business? The highlight for me was the fact that Amerigas has also explained that the fees charged are NOT GOVERNMENT IMPOSED, NOR IS ANY PORTION OF IT PAID TO ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY!(they are telling us in a round about way that we are being ripped off!) Also noted was a "Fuel Recovery Fee", Which was explained that this is to help offset the significant expense incurred by them for their commercial motor vehicles. Last time I checked this this was part of "OVERHEAD COSTS" which every company has.

SO NOW WE HAVE TO PAY TWO FEES TO GET SOMETHING DELIVERED, TO A COMPANY THAT IS ALREADY IN THE DELIVERY BUSINESS, I am only one customer who will have to pay these fees (about $20.00) but when you think that Amerigas has over a million or so customers, twenty bucks extra for each customer, on each delivery, maybe six times a year, that is outrageous.

I was told once that if you don't take care of your customers, someone else will! Hey Amerigas you suck!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Customer Care.

• The Delivery