This is a horrible business!! I called the business location several times for a delivery, but the phone was never answered.

I had to visit the office location in order to request a delivery. While at the business, a steady stream of disgruntled customers waited in line to speak with an Ameri Gas representative. Their complaints ranged from failure to make deliveries to demanding tank removal from their property . I checked current propane prices with several local distributors prior to my visit.

Ameri Gas quoted a price that was .60 to .90 cents higher than all other distributors contacted. In addition, I discovered that I did not own my propane tank and therefore could not have it filled by another distributor.

I inquired about purchasing the tank from Ameri Gas, but was told they "stopped that practice several months ago, due to customer retention". It will cost approximately $1,900 dollars for a new tank, but I believe it will be money well spent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 15, 2011.

Comments

amerigas is also that much higher in crystal springs ms not to mention they do not work full work weeks the office lady comes into work whenever she wants leaves when she wants and works 2 or 3 days a week tops. we own our tank and as soon as i realized large difference i went elsewhere.

Okay I will give all of you a quick lesson in Capitalism. The reason why America is such a great country is that we are capitalists.

If you do not like your price you go to a competitor who is charging a lower price. That forces Amerigas to lower their prices.

So stop looking for handouts and stop blaming others for your problems. If you do not like the service or the price change companies.

I expect that most of you won't because your are a bunch of self loathing morons who thinks the world ows you something. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but all of you idiots need to get a life.

I also am a customer of Ameri Gas But not much longer I will Have tank removed, Soon I will do without heat instead of being Ripped off by this company anymore.

Gray, Georgia, United States #236584

We are so sorry about your situation that we copy/pasted this form letter onto your complaint. Non personalized and generic spam messages really show our customers how much we care about them. Nothing says customer service like an automated response!

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

The local Amerigas doesn,t set the price. The price comes from their home office.Their home office want let the local employees change the pricing.

If a local employee changes the price ,they are at risk of loosing their jobs.

The local employees will be damed if they do. by home office, and will be damed if they dont.by you.