I have an account, they turned it over to a collection company for a 140$ and I had just made a payment the month before. The bad thing is, I have a lease on a tank for the next year and they acted like they were not going to get the money, on top of that I have to order gas from them any way.

No notice of any type or letter stating it was pass due or that they were turning it over.

They do not have good technicians I had a stove that had pilot lights'. I Ran out of gas called them they said they would bring me 70gallons only at the time 300$ was hard to come by. I told them to bring it. The technician did a leak test because the tank read 0.

If you know anything about pilot lights and stoves they are going to use gas, and if they are not lit it just runs out into the house. It was a Friday the leak test failed so he locked me out it was cold, I could not cook or heat my home.

So he came back the next day and after about 45min of explaining what/why it was failing he said ok he would unlock it. NO COOK FOOD/NO HEAT for a whole night Ameri Gas Sucks.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 20, 2009.

Comments

We use propane in the winter for supplemental heating. Our tank is always depleted by the end of the season, and we use only 100 gal.

This year, Amerigas came and replenished our tank, but locked our tank out tagging it as needing to be leak tested. Then they want to charge us about $50 for 20 mins to do the leak test. Have family member willing to do this for free. Amerigas said only they can do this.

We rent our equipment. Called local office, they say it is for our and their technician's safety as well as their liability. This is just another way to make more money. Not only that, but they don't even have the lowest rate around here.

If I would have known this before delivery, I would have canceled and gone with Suburban Propane.

I did write into Amerigas via the website. Just wondering who else has this happened to?

I hope CPS takes your kid away. The reason they sent a tech out to disconnect everything is because hooking up a "backup" tank like that is incredibly dangerous.

Since you're a white trash redneck you're probably not smart enough to know this, but those tanks aren't designed to work with your indoor appliances. AmeriGas doesn't want to be sued when you blow your brainless body to pieces.

I'm sure your wife would rather be cold than dead. But again, it'd take a scrap of intelligence to figure that out.

I called Amerigas to cancel today b/c they are overcharging by .521/gallon in my market. They offered to match the price to keep me as a customer, but would not waive the $100 leak test b/c I was below 20%.

I cancelled my service, they said it would take 30 to 90 days to p/u my empty tank. I mentioned that I had to kook up to a back up tank for heat, hot water, cooking, etc., and they sent a service tech over in 15 minutes who unhooked my gas line from my back up tank and took both my regulators, so now I am without heat, hot water, the ability to cook, ETC, for two weeks until I can get service from another company. Thanks Amerigas for leaving my family and nearly due wife in this situation with 20 deg. nights and nearly winter, really classy.

Also - On a happy note, I am really excited to switch to a company that actually ANSWERS their phone, not one that claims to be all about Service & safety, but has hold times of over 30 minutes if you are lucky enough to not get hung up on.

Amerigas, YOU SUCK!

Amerigas has a leak check policy but does not follow company directives

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

HOW BEHIND WERE YOU HOW MUCH WAS YOUR PAYMENT HOW LONG WAS THE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENT FOR. THERE ARE MANY ASPECTS OF THE STORY LEFT UNTOLD TELL THE WHOLE STORY WITH TRUTH AND SEE IF YOUR ARE RECOGNIZED AS A VICTIM.

How dare you blame the most safest and most responsive LP company in the hole universe. (I do hope you recognize sarcasm when u see it)

Employees are suppose to be trained before they are let loose on their own. Here is my "Training" experience . . . Drove truck one day with SSM. Next day did paperwork. Third day was shown the route I was responsible. Day four . . . on my own.

That poor guy never had a chance the way it sounds, but he still could have been honest and called someone with at least a clue.