I am writing you to assist me in understanding some concerns that I have had with Amerigas in the past few months. I have been a customer for over a decade without any problems. I have auto pay on line for a few years with a monthly deductible of $179.00. I used to get auto delivery with no problems.

I only received one notice that my balance was over due by two months. The notice did not mention that I would not be delivered gas or was on hold for delivery. I did call your company that day and made 2 payments and was told I was current. The reason of this issue was because my credit card had expired, which I was not aware that card was the one I used for your payments. I tried to give the operator a new credit card but he would not accept it because the 3 digit code on the back was blurry and I could not read it. So I got a new credit card and called back within two weeks to issue the new card. At that time he said I was now over due for the month so I told him to apply the new card to the bill due. He said it would take a week or so because they worked with a third party and it needed time to clear the new card..

I thought everything was good and we were all cool… One week later, I awoke to a freezing home, after I discovered no furnace heat, no stove , no logs or hot water worked, I assumed there was an issue with gas. When I called your office and asked

When was the last time I received a delivery I was told APRIL… I was stunned, here comes my first questions, don't you have to report that you have suspend service to me? Isn't it illegal from the State government to not deliver gas? I was next told that I had a balance of over $332. In credit.. How can I have credit and still not get a delivery? I had paid even another month that had not cleared your system but was already posted at my bank.. How does your system work, I need a full explanation of how your billing and prepay system works. I am also concerned about how often you normally deliver and when to expect deliveries.

I did receive gas that afternoon, 4 hours after I called first. I had to be at home so I missed my nephew's college graduation and party, I could not wait for another day for fear my pipes would freeze. If this was not enough to be frustrated with, I was treated to very poor customer service. I do understand that I was upset and used forceful language and apologize for my tirade with two of your workers, but I promise you I was so frustrated with the cooperate defend speak that would not allow for any responsibility to you companies systems. Your folks are trained to defend and justify your position and not to look at why the problem exists and how to fix it.

I am very concerned more people have this issue and just get frustrated and do not follow up. Your company needs to reevaluate how your payment and delivery system work with each other. You also need to train your people on customer service.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 11, 2011.

Comments

We to have the same problem with amerigas.We have only lived in our house 6 months,and always been on time with the budget plan.also we recieved a heap suppliment in dec.so today we recieve a termanation notice that we are behind 4 months.when on our jan bill they recieved a 3 month credit from heap.plus they just delivered last month,So if we were 4 months behind where is the *** in ***!yes i agree they are crooks and take avantage of their customers.we have checked many propane companys in our area and found that most aren't over a $1.69 a gallon.so we are looking into change.Don't need the hassle!

Gray, Georgia, United States #236582

We are so sorry about your situation that we copy/pasted this form letter onto your complaint. Non personalized and generic spam messages really show our customers how much we care about them. Nothing says customer service like an automated response!

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.