Waynesboro, Virginia

i switched to a different company and amerigas of Roanoke VA informed me they charge $100.00 to remove THEIR tank, (this is after paying a monthly tank rental fee for several years and the highest price for gas in the area), but would reimburse me for the gas left in the tank (28%). after several weeks they tell me there was too much gas in the tank to transport so they charge an addtional $120.00 to pump out the tank prior to transport.

so instead of a refund i have to PAY. oh they generously arent billing me for the difference.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Tank Refill.

Comments

That's correct. If you would read your lease it states.

There is a fee for removal as well as a pump out fee. Its against DOT law to transport a tank over 5%. So yes we do have to pump it out. It takes about 45 min to pump out and pick up the tank.

Why should this service be free.

Theres no company that will come out and do over a hour of work at no charge. Get over it.

This is why I also cancelled my service with them. However I read the annual agreement they sent and had them pickup the tank before the new charges went into effect.

Their agreement state that by having them fill your tank you agree to all changes.

Very sneaky since they want to fill the tank on a schedule. I bought my own smaller tank and can get it filled for far less than I was paying Amerigas.

Then take them to small claims court and get a judgment.

SAME PROBLEM. THEY COULD NOT DELIVER GAS IN AN TIMELY MANNER.

i GOT A NEW PROVIDER. tHEN i RECEIVED A BILL FOR 100.00 DOLLARS TO REMOVE TANKS.

i SEE NO HWWERE IN MY CONTRACT WITH THEM THAT THEY CAN DO THIS? WHAT DO i DO??

@IVAN HILEMAN

If you signed the lease agreement it does state that Amerigas can charge a tank removal fee. Learn how to read.

SAME PROBLEM. THEY COULD NOT DELIVER GAS IN AN TIMELY MANNER.

i SEE NO HWWERE IN MY CONTRACT WITH THEM THAT THEY CAN DO THIS? WHAT DO i DO??

Amerigas Reviews