I called Amerigas in Hazleton, PA to notify them I was switching propane suppliers and would call when they could come for their tank. I also told them not to make any more deliveries of propane.

Six days later, on a Sunday morning while I was at church, they sent a delivery truck to fill the tank. When I called the next day to complain they told me that I was on automatic delivery and they didn't have a "Will call" letter in my file. I immediately called the new supplier and made arrangements to have my service changed. Four days later the new supplier delivered a tank, hooked it up and filled it, at a price less than I was billed by Amerigas for 70% of a tank full.

I called Amerigas and told them to come and get their tank and gas and was told it would be scheduled. Two weeks later the tank was not picked up and I called again. This time the rude CSR told me that they had a month to pick up the tank. In the mean time I got billed for the gas they delivered after I had told them not to.

When the month was up I called again and was told that since it was winter, they couldn't come and pump out the tank or take the old one. I wrote to the home office expressing my complaint and never received so much as a "Get lost" from them. Now I have received a past due bill for the gas they delivered with a late charge added. Calling the Hazleton office got me a "Tough S**t" response.

These people have no concept of courtesy or customer service. I have filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection seeking mediation of the dispute.

In the mean time the late charges keep adding up for gas I never ordered.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 17, 2011.

Comments

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #261164

:( :( :cry :( :x :upset :?

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #250485

Hi, my name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I’m sorry to hear about your issues with delivery and we would like to help you.

Please send your account details to Fran at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you. Thank you, Heidi