Alba, Michigan

I ended service with Amerigas in October of 2010 because we couldn't come to terms on pricing. I was a customer for 10 years. Hadn't had a delivery of propane since July of 2010.

I was always on their "smart plan" and made monthly payments. Long story short when I settled up with them in November and paid off my yearly remaining balance I was assured I was "paid in full".

Shortly afterwards I was sent a bill for $50.00 for what they called an "Enrollment Coupon". I called in December and was assured by a supervisor that my balnce was indeed $0. And they would remove the charge. But they just kept billing me the $50.00. I kept calling and asking what "Enrollment Coupon" meant. I got three different answers from three different people. I even sent "Fran"

an e-mail but never received a response.

I kept telling them I wouldn't pay because I was told my balance was $0

on 12-6-10 by the supervisor. (I gave them her name.) They said she must have been mistaken. They finally tacked on a $35.00 late fee so I just said to heck with it. If I didn't pay I'm sure they would eventually just put me in collections. You win Amerigas. Take your $85.00 and sleep well. Absolutely no in company communications at all.

Amerigas sets the rules as they go along.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 07, 2011.

Comments

We have 2 120 gal tanks they filled one and billed us for 176 gallons they are crooks

after a week im still waiting to speak to the manager of my local office

My exact point "Fran". Obviously you didn't read my complaint before you sent out your automated response.

If you had you would have seen that I said I already e-mailed a week ago but recieved no response.

Hello, my name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I’m sorry to hear about your situation with billing.

If you send your account details to me at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com, we will work on assisting you with this issue. Thank you, Fran