Update by user May 23, 2011

Apparently I jumped the gun in writing this complaint. I called Amerigas this morning and was told they bill a \"minimum usage\" charge once every year.

But if I let them top of my tank at least 15 gallons, then the charge is removed. So I scheduled a delivery. I just hope they remove the \"minimum usage\" charge as promised.

As I said in my original post, I had to call numerous times and write letters and still it took over two years to get resolved. We shall see.

Original review posted by user May 21, 2011

On May 19th I received a call from Amerigas, wanting to know if they could fill my Propane tank. I said I would check the gas gauge and get back to them. But I never did call back.

But today, just two days later, I received a bill for the tank being filled on May 20th. I went and checked the gas gauge and it took several minutes just to open the tank's top since considerable vegetation had grown up around it. In addition, it took me another few minutes just to find the gauge as lots of soil had accumulated above it. It clearly had not been opened in quite a while.

When I checked the gauge, I found it was nowhere near full. They typically fill it 80%. But it was only around 70%, which is where it should be considering how little gas I have used. Amerigas never filled the tank yet they billed me for a delivery anyway!

When I had a similar experience a few years ago, it took numerous phone calls, personal visits and letters, over a two year period, to get the credit posted. I dread having to go though this a second time around. I plan on canceling my service. But that won't necessarily stop them from sending me erroneous bills in the future. What a bunch of thieves!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 21, 2011.

Comments