For 6 years I have made regular monthly payments, sometimes during each year we carry a large credit, sometimes we have a bill due. With no notice Amerigas locked the tank at our house, even with someone home, they made no attempts to notify us of a past due amount.

Immediately I paid it online. Now they tell me its faster to call in a credit card payment. Promise 1. to restore service the following day - broken.

Promise 2. to restore service the next day (2 days after payment made) - broken. Promise 3. "we cant be out there to unlock for 5 days" (2 of them a weekend)- broken.

Local authority can't help in civil issue. Now what?

No heat, no hot water, no gas to cook, no money either since they took it all & ran! I hope they go bankrupt or someone goes "postal" at corporate!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 21, 2010.

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #758964

We've been customers of this company for two years+ and although infill now we've never had a problem with service. My husband has been calling them off and on for the last three weeks trying to set up a time for them to make a delivery and they will never call him back.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

#206634

Yes, I'm sure they LIED to you. All the AmeriGas employees at your local office hold secret meetings at night to plot which lie they're going to tell you next.

Or maybe they, like all human beings occasionally do, MADE AN HONEST MISTAKE that you're overreacting about.

And now you're advocating someone shooting up their offices because you don't have heat for a day or two? You're obviously someone with sound judgement.

#206255

Did you pay attention to the part where I said for 6 years I have either carried a large credit - overpaid - or a balance due? Yes, this was a month where there was a balance due, and yes I paid it.

The point of this Pissed Post is that I was repeatedly LIED to by Amerigas employees. If, on day one, they would have told me to wait a week to restore service, fine. But poor customer service and repeated lies are not acceptable.

Are you really condoning rude service and lies as acceptable representation of any company? You must not be a business owner.

#205856

Blaming it all on AmeriGas when it sounds like you couldn't be bothered to be responsible and look after your own account. Tanks don't just get magically locked off.

You get late fees, past due notices, and MULTIPLE warnings that your tank will be shut off. I guess you figured you could sneak by without making your payments, but now you got caught and you're blaming the company for slapping you on the wrist.

Also, where does it promise you that someone will be out the same day to restore your service if you don't pay your bill? You screwed up, now you have to wait while the paying customers get their service first.

#205781