I had trouble last year with the new delivery practices of Amerigas and they told me it just had a few kinks in it and needed some time to straighten out. This year it is still the same.

Previously, local stores set their own delivery schedule. I could call in and get gas within 3 days and never worry. They efficiently and effectively grouped their daily deliveries by area. Now it goes through a central dispatch and takes over 3 weeks to get gas.

I live in a rural farm area but gas trucks pass by my house regularly to get to "standard" deliveries, with daily routes inefficiently taking them from one side of the county for the first stop, to the other side of the county for the second stop and for the third stop back to the first stop delivery area. With all the "green" and "conserve" flags let alone todays economy and rising gas prices, this is just plain inefficient. Amerigas need to allow the local stores to set their own schedules if they so desire. Such inefficiency by the "largest distributor" should not be tolerated by us, the consumer!

We already pay tank rental and should be given the same consideration as the larger consumers and receive gas in a reasonable amount of time after call in. Three weeks is not reasonable.

If we want it sooner, they have "graciously" allowed us to pay rediculously high expediting charges and get service within a week. Big Whoop!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 05, 2009.

Comments

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

*** YOU PAY TANK RENT LIKE WHAT ABOUT 50/60 BUCKS A YEAR *** TANKS ONLY COST ABOUT 1100.00 WHOLESALE I SHOULD KISS YOUR *** YOU MAKE IT 3 MONTHS WITHOUT NEEDING GAS YOU AINT BUYING ENOUGH YOU SHOULD KISS MY *** I SELL TO YOU GO TAKE YOUR 4 YEARLY PURCHASES TOTALING MAYBE 1000 GALLONS AND SHOVE THEM UP YOUR *** AND LIKE IT. I'M SO SICK OF YOU *** PEOPLE THINKING YOUR THE ONLY PERSON THAT MATTERS.

THERE ARE OVER A 1000 PEOPLE NEEDING FUEL AND YOU WANT ME TO SEND THE DRIVER TO DROP YOU 50 GALLONS AND STAY THERE AND TONGUE BATH YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO SELL YOU PROPANE GO *** YOURSELF GET SOMEBODY ELSE AND ENJOY. I WISH YOU A LOT OF LUCK GETTING A MOM AND POP TO CARRY YOU FOR MONTHS TILL YOU CAN PAY. IF ALL YOU LOSERS WOULD PULL YPUR HEADS FROM YOUR *** YOU'D SEE THAT THE REASON BIG COMPANIES ARE BUYING OUT SMALL DEALERS IS BECAUSE BOBS GAS TRUSTED YOU LOSERS TO PAY YOU DIDN'T SO HE HAD TO SELL TO COVER HIS CREDITORS THAT WHERE WANTING PAID.

ALL COMPANIES NEED TO GO CASH IN ADVANCE *** I COULD DROP MY PRICE BECASUE THEN I WOULD'NT HAVE TO COVER ALL THE *** *** THAT WANTS EVERYTHING FOR FREE CAUSE THEY DID METH FRIED THERE BRAIN AND NOW LIVE OFF OF WELFARE. PLEASE GOT TO ELCTRICITY THE POWER COMPANY HAS A MONOPOLY AND GOVERMENT SUBSIDIES YOU CAN SCREW THEM ALL YOU WANT BECAUSE DON'T WORRY MY TAXES WILL PAY YOUR BILLS AND YOU CAN SLEEP TILL NOON THEN GOT AND GET SOME FREE HEALTH CARE BECASUE YOU HAVE A RUNNY NOSE.LOSERS!!!!!!!!