West Monroe, New York

We recently received correspondence from a competitor propane company in our area. Receiving this prompted us to review what we had with our last fill up with AmeriGas in February of 2016 we were charged $4.169/Gal.

of propane. So of course we signed up with the competitor. Upon calling AmeriGas to remove their tank we were advised that they would charge us $150.00 (two separate fees) to remove the tank and we would not receive a refund for the half a tank of $4.169/Gal of propane that is still in the tank. They recommend we don’t change until the tank is empty!

I live in the snow belt region of NY, when there is 6ft+ of snow on the ground I doubt either propane company will want to change the tanks. It has been two weeks since we have called them to remove their tank and the tank is still sitting there next to the new one. Shame on me for not catching the $4.169/gal in February but if they do not refund us for what is in the tank and then resell it to someone else for an exuberant price shame on our elected officials for doing nothing about it.

Which will be our next step, if nothing comes of this! But with the amount of complaints I am seeing my hopes are not very high

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank Refill.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Amerigas Cons: Pricing and refund policy.

• propane price

Comments

I tried to drop amerigas and they told me no refund on gas in the bottle and that I had to pay the 73 dollars that they just put in. Or use the gas up. No refunds....

Amerigas Reviews