Custer, Michigan

I am a will call Amerigas Customer, I call and make it clear that I would like my Tank filled to 80%. Amerigas comes out fills Tank between 60 and 65%.

No communication from Amerigas. I call to inquire what up? Amerigas asks if that is ok, I said *** no, fill it to 80% or remove the tank. I get a bill from them for the first fill, I call Amerigas tell them I am not paying until tank is filled to 80%, Amerigas comes back out fills to 80% sends me new bill, with dollar amount only.

I call Amerigas ask for itemized bill, receive bill with double delivery and Hazmat Charges. I am considering buying my own Propane Tank, not so much for the savings but the aggravation.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 25, 2010.

Comments

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #264102

Really a-hole? with everything going on in the world, Earthquakes, Tsunami's, War, famine, Etc.

your *** a$$ is worried about only getting your propane tank filled to 65% instead of 80%.

Maybe you should spend your spare time brushing up on your grammar or your english instead of subjecting the rest of the world to your self-centered, idiotic comments!

to Stu Pid #1026002

Stu Pid, you *** Jack, of course I am pissed for being double billed for delivery. Furthermore, I think it was done intentionally, so I would have to have another fill in Winter, when the cost is at a higher amount.

Go *** your Self!

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

#202095

amerigas fills all tanks to 80% volume... until liquid vapor is released from the fixed visual gauge...each tank has a blow off point fixed at 80% volume...drivers fill until liquid propane comes out of that gauge.

Needle gauges are not accurate, some stick or freeze up completely...which is why drivers fill by the liquid gauge for safety's sake. many times people complain they didn't get a full fill because their gauge is stuck and i turn the bleeder to show them liquid propane escaping and that it is full to the brim. The only other time a driver would do a partial fill is if hios or her truck ran out of propane while filling a tank. In those instances they note on the ticket that it is only a partial fill and the percentage left in the customer's tank so they can re_schedule another fill before you run out.

There is not a charge for having to return early to top your tank off.

Why would a driver go to all the hassle of pulling hose across a yard and hooking up only to do a partial fill? makes no sense...i think we're only getting half the story on this one.

to tmsfits #1024131

I work for them...you are told at times to only put 100 or 150 gallons...most time it means the district is running low on gas....bulk tanks are low...