Lompico, California

We signed up with Amerigas in 2011 when we moved to Lompico (Felton). At that time, we didn't know a lot about propane companies, and there was an Amerigas tank in the yard. So we set up an account. LESSON LEARNED. Do your research!!! These crooks charge AT LEAST DOUBLE the average price per gallon compared to other propane companies in the area. Here are the prices I've found.

Amerigas $2.79

Ferrell's $1.33

Mountain $1.99

Dassell's $1.30

Amerigas is REAMING its customers. Back in January we noticed rates climbing, so my husband, being on a fixed disability income, called their office. He told them if they couldn't offer lower prices, we would go elsewhere. So they agreed to drop the per gallon price to $1.59. 5 months later (2 weeks ago), they come back out and fill propane tank up- we were expecting to pay approx. the same amount. BUT NO!!! Price is now jacked up to $2.79 per gallon. My husband called the office - Claudia game him some BS story about gas prices being higher in winter. He is not a fighter, and just said OK. But I pointed out that May is not winter and January IS and Claudia's story was garbage. So I called the office. Claudia in the office said the $1.59 was a ONE TIME COURTESY. She said she can do nothing. Did they not hear us say WE WOULD GO ELSEWHERE??? I ask who the next in line is. Rick - but of course he's in a meeting for 2 days. I ask who his boss is,.. Shelby - but she can only be reachable by email and Claudia advised me NOT TO!!!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!! Unless you like paying double for your propane.

I am going to go as high as I need to go to get this bill lowered. And again - DO NOT USE THESE CROOKS!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: REDUCTION IN CURRENT BILL - PLUS restitution on other bills that Amerigas has DOUBLE CHARGED us for. Disabled people should not be robbed!.

Amerigas Cons: Service technician, Overcharge, Poor ethics, Poor customer service, Amerigas, I did not like.

• Amerigas rip-off