Product: Amerigas Customer Care Clear all filters (120 of 120 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Amerigas Ormond Beach FL; Bait and switch

Amerigas Ormond Beach, FL, first time I called around to get prices on Propane delivery a woman at amerigas verbally committed to $2.09/ Gallon for propane, sounded to good to be true, going rate is about $3.30. I specificaly asked what will be price if I had it REFILLED in a week she said it would be the about the same, I asked 2.09 she answered yes. Surprize, next time I called 6.17, I ask where the 2.09 went BIG pause... that was a special for returning customers one time deal, not what they said the first time, I've never been a customer and have no intention, Glad I didn't sign anything.

Amerigas price gouging

Amerigas corporate policy is to charge their "locked in" customers their highest price. They have trained their local managers and use a formula to "maximize their profit potential" that includes how difficult it will be for a particular customer to change companies. The poorer you are, the more difficult the switch, the higher the price they charge you. My price was $3.45 until I checked with my local company and their price was $1.99 and had been all year. They charge everyone the same price. Amerigas would not pick up my tank to begin the refund process. They still owe me $380.75 that i paid in advance. Please DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH AMERIGAS. Joe Myers
#252035

Just got home today from a long day of work to find a bill on my door from Amerigas and was gouged for 4.99 per gallon. They were not supposed to come out unless i called.

I will admit its been some time since i have had it filled but last 2 times were $1.99 and $2.59 per.....I have no idea how i'm going to pay for 300 gallons of $4.99. Have called and no answer....waiting on a response and will switching asap....Don't use them.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Ahhhh, Amerigas is a nightmare. I do find it odd how they jack their prices up so much compared to others (Amerigas 3.65 down the RD 1.89, oh but wait if your a new costumer to Amerigas they will charge you only 2.01) WTF.

We will be giving them back their tank, they are dishonest and an awful company. Even if we wernt all pinching for an extra penny and the economy was booming, i still would be this ANGRY!

We have a cabin where we spend weekends. We keep the heat on 60 when we're not there and 68 when we are.

We have a 120 gal tank and are set up with auto delivery. The Amerigas is our area has been very good to us; however, their prices are twice what other companies charge. They filled out tank in Sept at 3 something a gallon; this month are bill was over $530 and it wasn't cold. Our price/gallon was $4.15.

We were never offered a lock in rate, which they have not offered us. We think there is a leak in the line because we can smell gas; guy came out and constantly complained that the ground was too hard and he was too old to be doing this. Called Americagas and told them to redo the test because we can still smell gas.

We will put in a heat pump in the spring and use the gas as a backup. They were never rude but they do price gauge.

I just got charged 4.739. WHAT THE ***

I called Amerigas today to have my 150 gal tank filled. They said the price would be $4.00 but I could lock in at $2.25 if I paid a $65 set up fee. I argued and got locked in at $2.25 without the set up fee.

I heat my hobby garage with propane, I told the rep that it is more of a luxury than a necessity to heat my shop, and that I feel sorry for the people that HAVE to depend on Amerigas to keep their families warm.

Two years ago I went on a letter writting campaing (do to bad service) against Amerigas, letters were sent to local BBB offices, the state of Ohio attorney general just to name a few.

The power of the pen is mighty

You think $3.65 is high.... Amerigas charged us $4.60 lasat month.

I started checking around and everyone else is $1.39 to $1.89 for propane.

DO NOT USE AmeriGouge I mean Amerigas!

View more comments (6)
Amerigas Customer Care

Amerigas in Los Angeles, California - Poor customer service lack of intrest to customer

my name is cheryl chavez i lived at 5980 hwy 8 east mean ar. 71950 i held service with the mt. ida amerigas co. JC or Sharon @ 870-867-8124 i cancled service for sept 12 2009 moved back to calif. after 90 days i called to check on my refund due. this loction didnt issue me a credit because my landlord wanted to keep service. well i am stuned since i was the one who established the service and also ended it. i was owed money and this was not good bussiness practice. i am due a refund of 106.61 which i was told was approved on dec.12 2009 and would be mailed out by dec.18,2009. to date dec.29,2009 i have not received the refund. i am now filing a complaint with the AR.attorny general office which will be completed after this letter is done. if i didnt pay my bill i would not have heat. but it is not ok for you to drag your feet and send me what is rightfully mine. in good faith i have always used your company. but now i would rather go without or seek another gas company and give my business to . shame on you for this i want intrest for my waiting and for the trouble i have been going through to receive my money. i want to know an answer on where is my money if the check was cashed. or you just dont give a damm. cheryl chavez

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

CALL THE BBB AND DO YOUR LETTER WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IF YOUR LAND LORD KEPT SERVICE WHICH YOU SAY YOU STARTED WAS EVERYTHING IN YOUR NAME OR THE LANDLORDS CALL YOUR LANDLORD AND ASK FOR THE REFUND MAYBE THEY GOT IT OR USED YOUR CREDIT. IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING IN YOUR NAME THEN YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

View more comments (1)
Loss
I have been a customer of Amerigas for 4 years, and I am changing propane companies. Not only are their rates almost double what you would pay elsewhere, but they took us off automatic delivery WITHOUT notification and placed us on "will call". We ended up running out...

Amerigas Customer Care

Amerigas charges $1.12 per gallon more.

I have been a customer of amerigas for numerous years and never late with my payment. Now amerigas wants to charge me $1.12 per gallon more than the going rate because I do not use enough fuel(200 gal.per year).I bought 200 gal.in May of this year I called the first of Dec.for another 200 gal. and told I would have to pay the higher rate because I do not use enough fuel! sorry but you force me to be a new customer some where so I can get the cheaper rate.My wife and I are on a fixed income so we try to save money where we can and companies like you penalise us for it.Pissed of customer from Jonesvlle,Mi.My email is hawkins4800@hotmail.com if you would like to explain you actions.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Price gouging is Amerigas company policy. You are not alone.

I used more than 700 gal this year and I called for my price, for the first time, they told me $3.45. I called my local company, $1.99 and had been all year. Everyone pays the same. They publish their price.

I called to cancel, Amerigas offered to match. I switched. Now they won't pick up their tank and begin the refund process to return the $380.75 they have of mine, since i paid in advance and let them deliver on their schedule.

It's a corporate policy. Please do not do business with this company joe

View more comments (1)
Amerigas Customer Care
just that the poeple at amerigas does not care about the american public that doesnt have the finacial means.that really on help,because they have to rob peter to pay paul ,in order to stay a float,then have a reprepresentive of amerigas be rude and just im polite ,for...
#611934

Yes there are way better companies then Amerigas. Ive been with them for 12 years.

They were first level, then Horizon and now Amerigas. I've watched this company go from one of the best Propane companys to the worst. This summer I am changing to Suburban Propane. Every single company that I have looked at is over a $1 sometimes almost $2 cheaper and with none of those hidden costs that keep accumulating in our bill.

For a company that is having a rough time, they sure don't get that if you lose your customers, you lose your business. Maybe if enough of us say we have had enough they will change hands once again and someone who respects that hardworking ppl of this country will treat there customers fairly

Amerigas Terrible Customer Relations

Amerigas has us on automatic delivery, Thanksgiving 2008 we missed a payment due to illness, they did not notify us of missed payment, although we have a telephone, and mail delivery, as well as cellphones. They "missed" a delivery in freezing weather, which we discovered when there was no heat and no hot water Wednesday afternoon. When we called for a delivery, we paid immediately on the phone, we were told that they could not make a delivery until Monday, we requested after explaining the situation and then agreed to make a delivery that day. They delivered same day, but charged $400.00 for emergency delivery. Can you believe that?? Freaking incredible, characteristic of thugs and thieves. Possibly preplanned?? I recommend not to patronize them.... We just discovered that Amerigas is much more expensive than other suppliers. We're changing suppliers..

we have contracted services for amerigas for ten years we have watched there management first hand what a pathetic mess from back stabbing to smoking near open propane dispensers' I to am a customer and they wanted to put me on automatic delivery and I refused and I kept an eye on my own tank I am right down the street from them and they still cant deliver on time or safely

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

i've been asking them for SIX YEARS to call ahead before they come and have repeated my request nearly a dozen times. they never do.

it's even written on my account info. still, they never do. again today, no calls. and do they provide any contact information apart from the "local" connection?

here comes the proverbial letter to the officers in PA.

You can report them to the BBB which shows they have a GOOD rating in my area (must be paid to give them the rating because no one that I know like them). The FCC states they do not goven them but suggests I write to the Attorney General which is what I am in the process of doing. Rude responses from the people on here is good enough proof of how they treat their customers.

You didn't pay your bill, but somehow Amerigas is to blame? Sounds like you need to grow up and pay your bills on time like a responsible adult would.

And yes, there is a fee for an emergency delivery.

It costs the company a TON of money to send a truck, driver, and equipment all the way out for just one stop. You're too busy tantruming like a child to think about the cost for fuel, training, certification, insurance, salary, and a dozen other costs that are involved with make a special trip out because you couldn't pay your bill on time.

@Larry

Larry,

We were sick, Wife in hospital, we are not irresponsible adults as you are so inclined to infer.. Also, the delivery had Thurs and Friday to arrange a delivery, were one regular delivery could have been slid on the time frame, during regular hours.

There was no need for after hours, or weekend delivery. Like you, they are just angry vindictive thieving arrogant sub-humans

I certainly hope that you folks remember that that comes from the people in the offices whether it is locally or from Valley Forge. They do NOT care about you as a person ONLY as a $$$$$.

AND I would recommend that you never pay your bill thru "lock box" as amerigas would want you to. There is OVER $2 million dollars LOST in that system and no one has any clue.

Can anyone spell embezzlement? And if you pay and your payment gets lost who do you think will get the blame for it?

Terrible customer relations - you got that right! My complaint is that we had service with them for 2 years and then we had 2 or 3 months last year that we were late paying our budget payment.

We have always paid them in full however! So now they "kicked me off the budget plan" and wanted me to sign some kind of paper saying that I will be responsible for letting them know when the tank is at 30% or below and that I will have to pay up front from now on.

I understand there are people out there who take advantage and never pay - but if they looked at our records they would know that we are not those people! Don't treat me like a child!

Sorry I lost my job and couldn't pay you on time for those two or three months! Geesh!

View more comments (7)
Amerigas Customer Care

Amerigas Come Get Your Tanks!!!

I am waiting for Amerigas to come get their tanks since November 2008, it is now the end of September 2009. They charged me a tank fee for not using enough propane, which was never in any contract I signed and have been a loyal customer since they were LEVEL PROPANE many years ago. I am billing them for caretaker services and may make a HOG roaster out of one if they are not gone by November. A year is long enough to exersize ownership transfer. As the weeks move On I will move them down the driveway closer to the road. Maybe someone will pick them up.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

FIRST OFF DO NOT TOUCH THE VALVES unless you want to be creamated and try calling corprate mgrs realy dont like haveing to explain why they are slow as *** and dumb as dirt if they wont give you contact info i will i just walked out today from amerigas and not real fond of them however thats not water in that tank and a leak no matter how small is bad and realy all you have to do is say you smell propane around the tank

Or you could calm the *** down and be patient like a civilized human being. The tank doesn't take up much space, and unless you've got a postage stamp sized yard I think you'll be just fine. Have some patience for crying out loud.

Sirlazer

After 30 days of you notifing them to pick up their tanks, you should charge them a storage fee. :grin

Did they try to charge you a termination fee of $95.00? I been with them since 7/02

and left them because all of these hidden charges.

I told them take me to court because in my so contract it's not mention. I don't even have a term agreement.

'Ya know, if that Tank had a "LEAK", & it was reported to local Fire Dept., the Fire Dept. would get in touch with them to get it "NOW"!!!!!

I think I would check for leak realy early on Sunday Morning!! There's a tiny valve on the side, that is 'FAMOUS' for leaking!!

View more comments (5)
Amerigas Customer Care
sold my house and the propane balance was settled in escrow, unfortunately amerigas came out and demanded the new difference from the new owners after we had taken care of it. they paid it and now i cant get my money back from them because the account is in my ex wifes...

Loss
Recently we got behind on our bill and had been making payments to Amerigas when we received a termination letter. It stated that our service would be shut off on 10/31 if payment in full was not received by that date. Before we could even get another payment off to...