Washington, District Of Columbia

We built our home in 1996 and had a 500/gal in ground propane tank installed. The company we started with gave us use of the tank free of charge.

The original company gas been absorbed by others twice in the last 20 years, most recently; Amerigas. They are required, by law, to honor my original contract.

Every year, for the past 3 years, I have received a large bill for the past years tank rental. Each year I provided copies of the original contracts and the charges were canceled. This year, after receiving my documents, they sold my account to collections, and will not respond to my phone calls.

I intend to have their tank removed as soon as the logistics can be arranged because I am tired of this annual headache.

I guess they expect a military widow to just pay the bills that she receives and not question their validity. I can see no other excuse for the same error year after year.

In the mean time, until I can arrange to have several trees cut down, stumps dug, the existing propane removed, the tank dug up, a new tank installed and plumbed, all at my own expense, I will have to continue to accrue fees with this company who is trashing my credit for a bill they know good and well I do not owe.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

More detail please: name the pirate propane Amerigas dealership, their phone number, location, and manager's name. Also your name, address, and account number.

I would like to help put appropriate pressure on the skunk!

-- gregmn@gmail.com

Unreal!! But I believe it!

Feel for you.

Going through same ridiculousness just trying to move the gas line they attached to my deck. They've lost paperwork just from April- keep asking me to fill out again & pay them to become a "new customer!!"

Amerigas Reviews