Perry, Ohio

When did Amerigas get so bad? Called Amerigas Customer service for a delivery around the 4th of jan,when i noticed my gas level was down to 20 percent.

Delivery was scheduled for 8th of jan. No truck arrived.

Customer service called back on monday and told me that my driveway wasn t cleaned of snow, so thats why it wasn t delivered, which was a bold faced lie on their part. The driveway was cleaned twice between the hours of 8am to 4pm.

They offered to deliver again on the 12th of jan. Called customer service to check and they assured me delivery on that day. I assumed i could trust them, BIG Mistake. No truck at 4:30, Called customer service again and told driver was on overtime and would be guarenteed delivery that evening.

No delivery that evening, called back at 7:30pm and told weather was too bad and driver was heading back to the shop.

Called on the morning of the 13th and having enough of the bs and empthay that is brainwashed into their customer service talked to a supervisor. Totally assured that delivery would be on this date.

Well its the 13th and still no gas delivery......Received an automated call from Amerigas that delivery will be tomorrow. As i am working on the complaint to the state attorney general and this complaint i guess i will wait and see.

Its a good thing that i am not elderly or i would probley freeze to death waiting for amerigas.

When spring comes their tank will be going bye bye and i will have a new local gas provider. Thanks for stellar customer service Amerigas

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 13, 2011.

Comments

I called last week when I was at 15% on one tank and 18% on another tank. It's now six days later and I am out of fuel.

I have $700 on account right now and have been a customer for 3 years. This company is terrible. I was told that if I wanted to have my fuel delivered within 24 to 48 hours I would have to come up with additional $120 fee on top of the $700 to get my tanks filled otherwise it would be another 4 to 5 days.

I sent my family to my wife's parents and told them to scratch. Come spring their tanks will be on the curb.

Niles, Illinois, United States #240157

With all the horror stories i am reading here Amerigas is heading down that class lawsuit track like a runaway train or they are going to kill someone with their neglect of service. If there is a lawsuit i am sure that amerigas would pass those costs on to the consumers. :cry

I live in Gt.Barrington,Mass. and I get my propane for cooking from Amerigas which is literly 3 min.

down the road. I ran out on Sat. Jan. 22ed and called the # I was given for weekends.

I was told it would be an extra 90.00 plus the fill up! I agreeded, but disgusted with the over the top extra charge ! Late that afternoon someone brought me a small container of gas and put in my tank. Then I was told that I had to pay 304.00 for the total fill up and that the trucks were out and would stop in the late afternoon.

He said don't worry you have enough gas for 2 wks and I said but wait a minute I just payed you 304.00 and I want the gas that I'm paying for. They never came and not on Sun. either. Mon.

morning I called the office and a woman said that they would be to me Mon. afternoon. They never came and this A.M. Tues., I called again and was told sometime this week!

I'm disgusted ! Why was I told I had to pay 304.00 !!

Amerigas does not have a customer service # listed anywhere, on line or 411! The woman I talked to today in the office was down right rude and unhelpful.

I too have had nothing but problems with Amerigas. Most recently, our driver informed us that our valve was bad and that he had known about it for 4 YEARS!

Of course he waits until he can't fill the tank anymore to tell us this. We have been on a temporary tank now for 2 1/2 weeks. We are continually told that the part is on the way. I told them to FedEx it.

I was assured they would. Well, guess what, no part, no call, no service. I get put on hold when I call the office and they tell me a sob story about how they are short on help.

I appears there are some serious problems with this company. My next move is to tell them to come get their tank!

My mother's former propane company was sold to Amerigas. She called them in November to make sure her account was properly set up and she would receive a delivery prior to her tank running out.

Guess what her tank ran out Christmas week. She was told it was because they had the wrong city. Gee they could have called or check the zip code. She got the run around.

Finally she received delivery but was told she could only have 100 gals. The driver asked her why and she told him that is all the office would allow. He said that was ridiculous and filled the tank for her. Since receiving her bill she has called the office three times.

Each time she was placed on hold. Today, she finally has the time to stay on hold. 36 minutes later she was told sorry, no one is available in that department. She asked to speak to a manager and was told they were all in a meeting.

I am researching who in the state of Virginia has oversight of propane companies. This is ridiculous.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.