Washington, District Of Columbia

I placed a propane order on January 9th, I placed a propane order at $3.249 per gallon. After finding another vendor charger $2.349 per gallon, I called on January 11th to see if Amerigas could meet their price. They could not even come close (I think they got to $3.129 per gallons). I cancelled my order and planned to let the tank fall to below 5% so I could have the new company install their tank.

On January 18th, a full week after I cancelled the order, Amerigas delivered propane to my tank. I arrived home to discover this and called customer service. I was promised by Carrie (they won't give their last names) that I would be reimbursed for the propane in the tank at $3.249 and that the tank would be picked up in the next 90 days. Well, I have not been reimbursed. The tank has been disconnected and they will not reimburse me.

I have called Amerigas to discuss this matter on 1/23, 1/27, 2/4, 2/14, and 2/25. Each time, they tell me that their supervisor, Liz, is waiting on the local branch to lockout the tank. Once that is done, they can issue my reimbursement. I have personally seen the Amerigas truck go by my house at least 6 times. I keep my driveway clear of snow with a plow so that cannot be used as an excuse. Up until now, I was very happy with Amerigas' customer service. Their prices were too high but I would have considered them in the future. At this point, I can't recommend them to friends, family, or co-workers simply because they will not do what they said they would do.

Comments

If you didn't PAY for a product, you most certainly should NOT get a refund for it. You should have called the local office and said to pick up the tank again.

Your account would have a zero balance then.

It's that simple. The delivery you received would have just been taken off the account since the product would have been returned to the company.

Hello, my name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I’m sorry to hear about your situation with billing and delivery.

If you send your account details to me at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com, we will work on assisting you with this issue. Thank you, Fran

Amerigas Reviews