Amerigas came and filled my propane tank, even though I did not ask them to. They tried to do this two weeks ago, but I was here and told them not to.

The driver said he had a ticket--I informed him I had not called and requested propane, so I did NOT know where the ticket had come from.

This time, he did call me to ask if I wanted propane, since I was not at home--but asked me to return his call to a FAX number. I know this, because I tried to return his call THREE times! He filled the tank without my permission--now I owe $60.80.

When I called and asked Amerigas about this, they told me I was on a "keep filled" program. I informed them I had not agreed to this, either verbally or in writing...I was told there was nothing I could do...

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 11, 2010.

Comments

#231956

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

#231955

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

LOCK YOUR PRICE IN YOU RETARD. Have you even TRIED to ask what can be done about your price per gallon?

There are THREE different programs you can get onto that would drastically lower your price, but you're too busy spreading your legs and popping out autistic children to bother to ask. And why is it that every time a company makes an honest mistake, they're some trying to screw the customer? Did you ever think maybe they filled your tank by accident? Do you really think that AmeriGas has managed to stay in business for more than 50 years by doing something like that on purpose?

You've got such a selfish and self centered view of the world that it's amazing. I can guarantee that noone is sitting around at AmeriGas plotting ways to sneak propane into your tank (which was already full but was still somehow magically filled).

Amerigas is HORRIBLE. We are on a will call plan which means that they are to only deliver gas when we call.

We NEVER signed up for automatic delivery because we wanted to only get gas when needed and the price was low. Well, Amerigas came out in December and delivered 149.5 gallons and charged us $3.10 a gallon. When we received the bill, we called and stated we had not asked for the delivery and we were not going to pay 3.10 a gallon. Long story short, after numerous phone calls and countless hours on the phone with both corporate and the local office, they reduced our bill to $1.89 a gallon.

That was after they told us they were going to come out and cap our tank. I told them that if they even tried to do that (we had 80% gas in our tank that had already been paid for, which is also why we didn't need a delivery)then they would be getting sued for everything they had. I have an infant in this house and I am sick and tired of the Amerigas people trying to take advantage of the consumer. Needless to say, they didn't cap the tank, they lowered our bill and everything was taken care of.

We called for another delivery this month and the first thing I asked was what the rate was. I gave them my account number, they knew who they were speaking to and Caroline at the Garner office said it would be $3.049 a gallon and we would need a minimum of 150 gallons. I agreed and a ticket was printed. Three days later our delivery was made and I looked at the ticket they leave for you and it showed we were being charged $3.699 a gallon.

I have had it with Amerigas. I am sick of being taken advantage of and I have put a call into the local news channel.

This is a monopoly and I am not going to be a victim. Something has to change and change can only happen when we all start complaining to the media about their actions.

AmeriGas computer systems runs on DOS. That company is stuck in the 80's. So is their payscale, ask any delivery rep.

Their computer systems will spit out tickets that were filled the previous week. Or, if a customer pays their bill fast, they'll jimmy the system to spit those tickets out as well. GREED!!!

Penny pinchers seeking to make more money from the employee, and the customer.

Why do i keep seeing AmeriGas? It's AmeriGreed people, get it right!!!

ginah528

I use to work for a propane company and the keep full list is the best way for a customer to not run out of gas and have to pay a call out fee. The keep full list is a good thing.

If you have propane call your company and ask to be put on it that way you don't run out of gas on a cold winter night. Remember the gas man that delivery your gas has a life also, and to get a call out at 9:00 PM and it 20 degree outside is not fun for him or his family.