I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A WEEK TO PAY MY AMERIGAS BILL ONLINE AS THAT IS HOW US MODERN CITIZENS DO...BUT GUESS WHAT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS SITE BECAUSE IT SAYS MY ACCOUNT NUMBER IS INCORRECT. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT SCHOOL THEIR EXECS WENT TO BUT 2 + 2 = 4 DUH...ANYWAY NOW THAT IT IS A COUPLE DAYS LATE GUESS WHAT...NOW I OWE THIRTY FIVE MORE DOLLARS LATE FEE FOR INCOMPENTENCY.

BEING A MATH MAJOR I THINK I AM ABLE TO TYPE A NINE DIGIT ACCOUNT NUMBER ON A LINE AND A FIVE DIGIT ZIPCODE CORRECTLY...DUH, WELL GUESS WHAT AMERIGAS IS NOT THE ONLY DISTRIBUTOR IN MY AREA AND PROBABLY NOT YOURS.

IF THIS IS STANDARD OPERATING PRACTICE... I SEE THEM GOING THE WAY OF MONTGOMERY WARDS AND OF COURSE CIRCUIT CITY.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Account.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 09, 2011.

Comments

My contract with Amerigas says they have the right to charge a late fee of one and one-half percent of the amount owed or $20, whichever is greater, yet they charged my former tenants $35 and $36 for late fees when they owed less than $400. ALSO, KEEP WATCH on your propane gage. They misread mine (in their favor) on BOTH ends!!!

Same bad experience here in North Carolina. They truly do not care.

I'm researching other options. Amerigas gives Pittsburgh a bad name!

You said 5 digit zip code and also said 9 digit account number. 9 digit account # means the new system.

And being that you said 5 digit zip code you are not entering exactly as seen on your invoice as it states on the site. Try the full 10 digit zipcode.

I think you can also mail a payment withing 2 months or use many other means to pay. Or even your banks online bill pay.

well I paid my bill from the bank in march 2011 in full,with debit card. Now they are billing me again for the same gas,plus late fees.

just to let you in on a secret...the $35 charge only occurs once the bill is 45 days after the delivery date. the credit terms are 30 days. so if you do the math you will see that you were in fact late and deserved the late fee because credit terms are clearly stated as 30 days!

AmeriGas has a 24 hour emergency department, it never closes. You could have paid your bill with them with no processing fee. If the office is closed the calls will forward to the emergency center.

The phone line is open 12 hours a day, not 9-5 like you assume without checking. There is also an automated system that will let you make a payment over the phone 24/7.

There's also a website to make payments on. There is also an option to setup automatic payments.

You can also mail in a check. If you can't figure out some way to get your payment in on time with all of those options, it's a wonder you've made it this far in life.

Yes, we might have a telephone to make phone calls to make payments, but what if you only have your lunch time to make the telephone calls, and the line is busy for the whole hour, and you try this for weeks. You can only call during the company work hours which does not match your work hours.

I start work at 7:00 a.m. and leave at 5:00 p.m. I have tried to access site, and call. I was not able to reach either, I had to take time off work to call during work hours, and ended up paying that $35 fee twice, because it took me over a month to get anyone.

Then they sent me a nasty letter that I had to prepay for any further transactions.

I have a been a loyal customer, always paying my bill for over 11 years. I am extremely upset with their service, and plan to research another option.

#320245

Just go with another company. They suck and they don't care anyways!

Thanks for response Fran, I plan on contacting local office Today.....

You paid your bill late. Your fancy college degree didn't help you figure out that maybe you should try another method of making your payment before the due date? Us "modern citizens" also have telephones to make phone calls and make payments too.