Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3.0

I had two empty propane cylinders that needed to be refilled so I went to my local Home Depot in Bethlehem PA to replace them with the easy exchange system outside the Home Depot. The system would not take credit cards outside at the kiosk so I went in and purchased two exchange coupons.

I exchanged the cylinders with no issue which I have done many many times before mostly because I run out after the refill locations are closed. I brought the two cylinders home and placed them in my storage location until Monday while cooking dinner the existing cylinder ran out. I plugged in one of the new cylinders and I heard gas which was odd because the grill was off. I swapped with the second cylinder and it was leaking also.

I replaced the connector to the grill and it still leaked on both new tanks. I refilled the empty cylinder and connected it and NO LEAK.

I took both back to Home Depot, they replaced them FREE OF CHARGE.

Beware of older Amerigas cylinders as they may need some more work than just refilling with gas. The black rubber seal on the two that leaked were clearly cracked even with my eyes I was able to see that.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Amerigas needs to take more care in quality checking the cylinders before putting them back in the exchange supply chain.

Amerigas Pros: Convenience.

Amerigas Cons: Quality.

• Exchange

Comments

My tank from Home Depot is leaking at the tank weld...

Amerigas Reviews