My Amerigas cost per gallon has gone from 2.98 to 4.39 in three months. I just checked the price per gallon at Landmark and found it to be 2.04, less than half what Amerigas is charging.

Needles to say, I am switching companies immediately. I have falsely assumed that the price of propane would not vary much from company to company. There must be an agency that oversees price regulation for utilities. I plan to pursue this matter.

Once I saw a gas station get fined for price gouging because their price per gallon was so inflated. Amerigas has yet to respond.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 20, 2010.

Comments

I totally agree with you. I needed propane desperatly one year and they wanted to charge me 120.00 for emergency delivery because they had to pull a truck off his regular schedual to deliver to me.

Not even an HOUR later there was an Amerigas truck going right past my house to a neighbor's.

Had to pull a truck off a regular shedual??? Course I did not buy from Amerigas and I won't in the future.

revman

HERE IS THE REASON FOR POOR SERVICE EXECUTIVE PROFILE*

Lon R. Greenberg

Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, Member of Executive Committee, Chairman of AmeriGas Propane and Director of UGI Utilities, UGI Corp. 3939

Age Total Calculated Compensation This person is connected to 39 board members in 12 different organizations across 11 different industries.

See Board Relationships

60 $9,601,217

As of Fiscal Year 2011

I couldn't agree more with the comments about Amerigas. We made the mistake of leasing a tank from them when we moved into our new house 4 1/2 years ago.

We've had nothing but problems from them from day one.

Last winter we almost ran out of propane in mid-January even though we are regular route customers and had made upwards of a dozen calls in the 3 weeks leading up to the incident. I would not use Amerigas if I did not have to and am looking at options to replace the tank.

I Had Amerigas and they are taking thoer tank out because I called one week ago to check the price and it was $3.50 gallon and yesterday I called to go ahead and get 100 gallons and they said it was $3.76 gallon . I called another company and for the price of the 100 gallons at Amerigas plus 300.00 bucks I bought my own used tank with 100 gallons and they are moving it in today .Amerigas is a rip off . People cant afford that hiogh price propane its so sad to do customers that way .

Beware...Propane co. that we had for years would always fill our tank at the beginning of summer....making it difficult to switch and buy your own tank, after the ground is dry.

Got smart 2 years ago, canceled all further deliveries, and bought our own tank. Had them pump out the remainder propane, and take the tank out...costly but it saved us hundreds a year. We paid $1.65 for propane this year, on 700 gallons a year...verses $3-4 a gallon.

Well worth the effort to own our own tank, the power is in their hands as long as they own the tank, they have to be your only supplier,legally no other propane co. can deliver to their tank, so they have that monopoly on you....No problems with our new propane company...

Amerigas just chraged me 3.89, a 1.17 a gallon more than 2 months ago. Time to look for another supplier.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

THAT WOULD BE AmeriGas I"M writting to let you know that amerigas is not the way to go your better off anywhere then amerigas I have a conflict going on with them right now I got a bill for $456.oo if i would of gone with anyother co. my bill would of been$247.65 just do the MATH, :( ....

Bill - if a tank is rented, it is a legal requirement (at least in TX) that it be filled by the tank owner. So without having heavy equipment in (which isn't possible when the ground is wet), it is not possible to shop around. This is gouging.

A PROPANE SUPPLIER IS NOT A UTILITY.. YOU HAVE THE CHOICE TO SHOP AROUND JUST LIKE YOU SHOP FOR MILK OR GAS FOR YOUR CAR.