I just purchased a house in Lake Havasu City and there was an Amerigas propane tank on the property. I was told it was a 175 gallon tank and that it was 3/4 FULL but disconnected from the house.

Amerigas re-connected and my first bill arrived. I was charged for 195.0 gallons in a 175.0 gallon tank and obviously charged for the propane still in the tank.

Besides the obvious 195 ve 175 gallon snafu, does this seem right that I be charged for propane which was probably already paid for by the previous owner? Thanks

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 20, 2010.

Comments

As our last bill from amerigas was close to $5.00 gal and we are on alimited income we decided to purchace our oun tank. We found a 200 gal tank for $100. We called around for gas prices and found Ferralgas to be the most resonable. We contacted amerigas 1/1/2012 and notified them that we will no longer use them. We also asked them to pick up their tank at the same time. They nbilled us for the next years tank rental and we prorated the time that we used their tank and sent them the money. They told us that their was a pickup notice issued on the their tank at that time.

Since then the tank has not been picked up, still in our yard as of 4/13/2012. They have just sent us a bill for this years tank rental plus a penalty of about $100 plus tank rental for a total of $150 plus.

I guess turnabout will be fair play meaning we will chargethem $10 mper day starting back in January 2012 to date .

Not very pleased with amerigas and their prices nor their book keeping.

I recently had my Amerigas tank filled with 130 gal of propane at a total cost of $657.00. I can go to town and purchase the same propane at retail for $3.15 + tax per gal.

That is almost $2.00 per gallon less.

What gives? I didn't even get a kiss afterward.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

#205987

1. The tank is probaby a 250 gal.(Water Cap), 200 gal propane cap.

2. Are you sure that the gas was paid for? Did the previous owners get a credit for the gas when they moved?

If you don't know these things, you can't assume that you were treated unfaily.