Amerigas is the most inept business I have ever dealt with in the last 28 years. I have been trying to close my account since I sold my house and they continually give me different answers even within the same conversation.

They do not want to pay me for the remaining propane in the LEASED tank and continually tell me to wait for the new owners to call. I have read the VA real estate contract to them verbatim and they still do not know how to handle something as simple as closing an account. Rather scary to think they are handling something as volatile and explosive as propane!

I have been put on hold for as much as 13 minutes and then do not come back with any new information. When I call, even at 11:00 am, I am told the person I need to speak with "at lunch." (How convenient) Use a different company if possible.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Account.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 13, 2011.

Comments

Glad you are now on board. As many of us know, Amerigas is a ruthless and unethical company that consistently overcharges and steals from the average person.

Their not in to much trouble last couple years been record profits check stocks dumb ***

There is no "Fran" in case you were wondering. Just the same customer service people who failed you the first time around.

Fran: It is obvious amerigas and pti are

having issues. Tell top management to

speak. Post it in the magazine. The silence