Pentwater, Michigan

I really don't know where to begin...I just want to warn everyone out there, DO NOT for ANY REASON use Amerigas for ANYTHING, unless you like being overcharged, harassed, hoodwinked, and hung up on. I have never dealt with such incompetence in my life, and all I wanted was some heat.

I've already talked with Suburban Propane. They have been very accommodating. In this day and age, can companies really afford to have idiots running their businesses? Amerigas doesn't care about anything but money, yet somehow, they have a very hard time keeping track of payments.

I keep paying for the same delivery!

I keep getting different answers to the same questions, and then the employees have the nerve to get pissy with me when I make them aware of their error. I will NEVER use or recommend them again.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 04, 2009.

Comments

Here are your choices: Buy a new, empty tank and ielediatmmy exchange the empty for a full one. Cost, about $50 US.

Exchanges are normally less than $20. This option offers you the convenience of exchanging an empty for a full at numerous places. The downside is that you never know if you're getting a full tank in exchange. Lately, these companies have been downweighting what's in the tanks in order to keep their prices almost the same.

Buy a new, empty tank and have it filled at a service station that services camping trailers, etc., or a feed store, etc. Cost, about $50 US. Refills are normally less than $20. You're trading the convenience of easy, fast refills for the knowledge that your tank will be filled on a scale.

The normal tanks hold 20 pounds of liquid petroleum gas.

The downside is that you'll eventually have to have the tank re-certified that it's safe to hold the gas. Depends what's important to you.Good Luck!

I have blonde cooch hair and got hammered in a bobtail once. OMG biggest i have EVER had and hubby never found out. HA

is ethics hotline really worthless?

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

#199089

first let me apologize for a few bad apples. I have worked from several Amergas locations around the country and must say that the VAST MAJORITY of employees will bend over backwards for any customer who shows even a shred of politness and will *** our tongues for the rude.

I have been called out on holidays and in the middle of the night(i dont get the service fee) so for a basic wage, I crawl around under your house in 20below zero weather getting your heat back on so your family can be comfortable, while mine sits home alone. 3 times on Christmas day, could you smile and be friendly? But i'm expected to.

Thank you to those who appreciate what we do! and btw, Amerigas owns Suburban

We've had Suburban Propane for 10 years and each year they offer a "pre-paid" price a dollar or more a gallon then Amerigas and other propane suppliers. Then it's negotiating like I was buying a car.

Gotta wonder if this is a problem across the spectrum of propane distributors.

So now I'm wondering about Amerigas.

my hubby works for amerigas and their drivers took a stand and got a union involved!!Also alot of customers are very hard to please and looking for some free gas!! while this company isn't top notch it is not the worst!! Customers are very rude to the drivers and they are not in charge!!!

YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS TO THE *** THAT SAYS HE WORKED IN THE BUSINESS YOUR AN *** NO ONE IS COMPENSTED FOR HOME TO WORK WORK TO HOME TRAVEL THE SERVICE TECH HAS THE TRUCK BECAUSE HE'S ON CALL YOU *** *** IF YOU WOULD GET YOUR LAZY DRIVER *** SOME KNOWLEDGE YOU COULD GET PROMOTED AND THEN HAVE A TRUCK AND A PHONE THAT WILL RING CHRISTMAS EVE WHILE YOUR ASSEMBLING THE KIDS BIKES AT MIDNIGHT HAVE TO GET YOUR BOOTS AND COAT AND DRIVE TO THE *** THAT DIDN'T LOOK AT THERE GAUGE RAN OUT OF GAS AND REPORTED A LEAK BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT WE HAVE TO REPSOND TO ALL REPORTS OF LEAKS AND WE WILL GIVE THEM A LITTLE GAS TO GET EVERYTHING TESTED AND RUNNING SO *** YOU YOU LAZY *** WHILE YOUR SLEEPING IN A WARM BED I'M DIGGING UP A YARD LINE SO PEOPLE CAN GET HEAT HOT WATER AND COOK GO SCREW YOURSELF AND WORK AT THE CO-OP WHERE YOU CAN BE THE BIG MAN BECAUSE YOU DRIVE THAT OLD BROKEN *** BOBTAIL THAT THE PICKED UP AT THE AUCTION BECASUE THEY THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GREAT WAY TO MAKE MONEY IN THE WINTER WITH AN UNTRAINED UNSKILLED EMPLOYEE. *** YOU

I worked in the central call center and can see both sides. It is true that the local stores do what they can to help customers, problem is that all the power has switched to the call center.

As far as managers and numbers, you could not be more correct. All we heard, even when it was dead of winter and had 200 people on hold, was "numbers, numbers, numbers"..

if you want to move up then make sure you make a manager your best friend. Sad..

To 'stocker'swife'.........No need to contact 'Ethic's Hotline', they report to the Manager of which the complaint is about! Giving him(or her) a chance to come up with an excuse!!

the 'Ethic's Hotline # is (866)384-4272 ! They'll give you a case# , so you can call back later & see if your complaint was handled correctly.

This is only a 'cover-up' to look as if they realy care! Amerigas is "NumberOne" in the Industry because the treat 'Employees & Customers like #Two!!!

AMERIGAS IS WORTHLESS AND NOTHING BUT MONEY GRUBBING JERKS. IF I WERE INCHARGE I WOULD FIRE EVERYONE AND START OVER!!!!!

DO NOT USE THEM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE RUTHLESS PERIOD!!!!

DO NOT USE THEM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE RUTHLESS PERIOD!!!!

Sad situation you are in, not all AmeriGas stores are like that. We work hard to help our customers, and while no one will please everybody all the time, we do try and we suceed more times than not. Your comments should be to the ethics hot line, where they may help.

"I've worked in the 'Propane Industry' for the past 18yrs. , & I can tell you that Amerigas only cares about 'Gallons Sold' & that thier Managers hit thier 'QUOTA'!

Managers are allowed to run thier 'AREA' as they wish, as long as thier 'QUOTA'is met! Customers, as well as 'Employees, are treated like 'DIRT' if the 'MANAGER' wants to!! In the world of 'Amerigas', you can get fair treatment if you 'scratch-the-back-of-the-Manager'!! If you are an 'Employee', you better get some thick 'Knee-Pads'& wear some 'Bright-Lipstick' so you can 'mark-your-spot-on-the-MANAGER'S-***'.........gassman.....Rick !!.........Are you still allowed to drive the 'Company-Boom-Truck' back & forth to work on 'Company-Time' using 'company-fuel', traveling 4hrs.

a day!?!.......As for 'complaining' to someone about your treatment, there is no one that can be trusted to 'do the right thing'!!! They look out for each other, right or wrong!! I would suggest useing Blossman Gas, & "NO", I don't work there!! Don't waste your time or money on Amerigas, they are only out to get 'BIGGER', no matter how they do it!!.........And for you 'gassman' (RICK), you still fixing your MANAGERS BREAFEAST for him??

What a 'BROWN-NOZER'!! Makes me sick!!!!

to "Real Gas Man" #635967

AmeriGas=$$$$$$$$

They really don't care about you or your responsibilities as head of household, you sneeze and your written up.

DriveCam goes off and your written up.

Customers run out of gas your written up.

They want to use you however they want, you try to defend yourself and they point at the door.

And bonuses, wake up and smell the coffee.

Pay increases go by 1.5 to maybe 2.5% that's if you don't get written up. If you get written up you will here just the bad things about you, they'll never appreciate your work.

MICRO MANAGING AT ITS BEST!!!