Recently we got behind on our bill and had been making payments to Amerigas when we received a termination letter. It stated that our service would be shut off on 10/31 if payment in full was not received by that date.

Before we could even get another payment off to them they came out with out any notice on 10/15 and shut it off. We rec. the notice on 10/11. My husband called and asked them why they did that if we had until the 31st.

They stated that they could do it any time it didn't matter what the date on the letter said.."WHAT"??? Then why even send a letter. He then made a payment and they told him that it would be either the end of the week or early the next week before they could turn it back on, or they could come out and turn it back on for a fee of $147.00... Now come on, if I couldn't afford to pay the other how could I afford that??

So basically it will have been almost a week with no hot water or heat when they finally feel like sending someone out here. But they found someone to come out 15 days early to shut off the service. I probably should have mentioned that I have lost my job 2x's in the last year due to the economy and my husband is trying to support a family of 4 on his own.

The one girl in our local office has terrible customer service skills!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 17, 2008.

Comments

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

YEP ITS TO BAD THAT YOU DIDN'T WORK OUT A DEAL TO PAY YOUR BILL BUT ITS NOT THE GAS COMPANIES RESPONSIBILITY TO HANDLE YOUR FINANCES GO TO AN ALL ELECTRIC HOUSE THEY A UTILITY WITH A MONOPOLY YOU CAN ONLY BY THERE POWER SO THEY ARE CHEAPER AND SUBSIDIZED TO COVER LOSSES. DON'T USE PROPANE ITS TO EXPENSIVE USE ELECTRICITY ITS CHEAPER AND YOU CAN PAY THEM $20.00 A MONTH

Its to bad that you lost your job but do you think Amerigas or any other gas company is your private banker. I bet that you recived monthly statments saying you had a past do balance.

I think if you had called them they would of set you up on a monthly budget plan they wouldn't of locked your tank off.

I think most companys would rather have some money than none at all so i think. So next time your bill isn't paid it would be in your best intrest to call them.

Amerigas

AMERIGAS- UGLY PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH- THEY WONT COME AND GET THEIR TANK AND TOLD ME I WAS BEING CHARGED FOR PICKING IT UP- THEY OVER CHARGED ME BECAUSE IT HAD A LEAK FOR ABOUT THREE YEARS- KEPT SAYING ITS SUPOSE TO LEAK @ MY OTHER PROPERTY YOU NEVER SMELL GAS AND VERY REASONABLE PRICE – BUT THEY DONT DELIVER IN THIS COUNTY. AMERIGAS CAME OUT IN JULY AND FILLED THE TANK ITS SUMMER I HAD PLANNED TO PAY MY MONTHLY $299.17 AND BE DONE WITH THEM. THEY TRY TO MAKE YOU STAY WITH THEM BY DOING THIS. MY MONTHLY BILL AROUND $250.00 TO $300.00 EVERY MONTH AND AFTER CANCELING SERVICE GOT A MONTHLY BILL FOR $225.00!!! ANGREY!!! DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THEIR BUSINESS.

Mr. Gassmann, AmeriGas is nothing but a rip off.

Nothing you say will change that. Unless you are their CEO. It's all about greed. Like the banks getting 25 to 50 percent interest on credit cards.

AmeriGas's day will come.

"Deal with REALITY or, it will deal with you!" . All the complaints on this board, including myself.

cannot be lies.

Write a letter to the CEO of AmeriGas and if that does not work buy you LP from some one else. As I did.

Responding to the comment left by "gassmann" Excuse me but did I say I was looking for anything to be free.... NO...

I just wanted to be treated fairly. And obviously there are a lot of people who dont care for Amerigas!!

I guess the locak Texaco staion should give you free gas too