1.8

Amerigas left tank a sitting on our property for 9 years after I requested they come and pick it up because we no longer used propane. Last month Suburban Propane, who evidently bought out Amerigas finally came to pick up the tank.

Today I get a bill in the mail stating that there was 299.85 worth of propane in the tank (using the 1.99/gal we paid in 2005 when it was last filled) that would be credited to us, 17.24 in sale tax and 4.50 in municipal tax that would also be credited... following those credits were 2 charges one for 175.00 called a restocking fee and the other a 12.69 sale tax... This seems like slimy business to me. First off, they are getting the propane back and will resell at today's price so why am I not being credited today's price?

Second, your tank sat on my property having to be mown around and *** whacked because you didn't come to get it the 5-10 times I called over the years to request you come to get it and now you are going to charge me a restocking fee? Third, tax me on a restocking fee?

Really? *sigh* I hate big business.

Comments