I know someone that delivers for Amerigas and the manager in his shop is a complete, incompetent *** who couldn't manage her way out of a wet paper bag. She has purposely sabotaged his route when he's gone and when the customers complain she blames him and writes him up for her mistakes.

Her boss is equally incompetent because he covers for her and backs up HER lies with more lies.

I would go cold before I would have Amerigas as my supplier, solely based on what I know about the management of the company and their complete lack of concern for their employees. They have asked their drivers to violate federal regulations without blinking because it means they get more gas delivered and have threatened their jobs if they do not do it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 04, 2009.

Comments

I used to work for this idiotic company. They only care about the bottom line and will rip off the customer any chance they get.

And employees are treated like ***. The Western Region is micro managed into the ground.

shel

Okay Amerigas Customer Service, I am the originator of this thread, and FORTUNATELY we have natural gas, but if we had an LP tank, A-gas would be the very last place we would call...where do I start? Gas trucks that are not DOT compliant (leaking gas for over a year b/c the manager wouldn't get it fixed)...actually, none of the trucks at the Goshen IN shop are compliant.

Because my husband refused to violate federal regulations concerning recertification of cans and other company policy and fed regs regarding dispensing of LP, his new manager (they finally fired the incompetent one to put in another incompetent one) and the district manager (Ira Mills) concocted a story to get him fired. Once the union stepped in and they "investigated" (JOKE!) they cut a deal to allow him to resign, won't fight his unemployment, etc. If they had a case there is NO WAY they would have. They KNOW that he was illegally discharged and could easily sue Amerigas.

So then the new manager is going around bragging that they got rid of my husband, and they got rid of another "troublemaker" that refused to violate fed regs and company policy and is going around bragging now that he's going to get rid of the union in that shop. Does he know that THAT is a federal offense? It is UNBELIEVABLE to me how unscrupulous, unethical and dishonest the people are running that shop, and the lack of integrity makes my stomach turn. I advise every person I know that has LP gas to stay as far away from Amerigas as they can.

If this is not the case nationwide, I suggest you mix things up in Goshen. It's a MESS!

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

shel

To Mad Driver, my friend's shop has the union, which I usually don't like, but they have saved his job on more than one occasion. He refuses to violate the Fed regs or company policy (he is asked to constantly when its convenient for management) and because of that they want to fire him. Your shop and the shops around you should look into it!

All above is true people right now we are being asked to drive out of a different location that is further from our routes and we exspected to complete the job in the same amount of time. How is that for saftey.

Oh and we were told to step it up or they would find someone who would. Im already skipping my breaks and lunch just to finish on time.

Been working for them some 15 plus years and the company has hit total bottom with a loss of pride and only greed on managements minds. They filled the ranks in management with women who do not know their jobs, can not drive a bobtail or do any service work and they are usually yes man people who are totally clueless.

They cut hours, change when the payweek ends to screw employees out of overtime they spend out on calls after hours.

They have poor training... and do not get me started on how bad Westlake is ...a total bunch of idiots who have helped destroy what was a solid market. Time to move on and if you are a consumer...you will find no deals here.

Just gimmicks ....high prices and overworked employees who sign their life away in case there is a problem. It is NEVER the company's fault....

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #92264

The last time a truck showed up at my door, the truck was in such a disrepair that I EVEN NOTICED. The vinyl on the lettering was half on and half off.

They asked ME how to get the signs they have magnetic on the trucks since I mentioned how bad it was and my boyfriend did signage which is why I noticed. IT is a lack of respect for their company and me to show up in Beverly Hillbilly manner.

Hey na you must be forgetting about that fabulous bonus set up that amerigas has. You remember the .

. .don't laugh all of you folks that don't know this . . .

"Customer First Bonus".

You know the one that if you do your managers' jobs then you might get a pitance "IF".

The more you show that you know your job and show a good work ethic the more they will pile more on you. And more and more and more and then wonder why you can;t or won't do someone else's job.

U have to be kidding soon, AMerigas touts the fact that they are the safest most reliable company. They woul dnever send an employee out in a vehicle that doesn't meet DOT regulations or that was unsafe in any way.

OH OH OH, unless it were to interfere with LP delivery and making 'em the big bucks.

Not only do they not meet DOT requirements, my friend's manager and her manager even asked him to violate federal regs by filling tanks that need to be certified. He refused, and they knew that they couldn't do anything about it, but the fact is, they asked. Would love for the Feds to get a hold of that information!

Im a service tech for AmeriGas and I agree that our company solely cars about the bottom dollar and its not unusual for us to work 90 hours a week in the winter. NEVER a thank you or any kind of incentive for our hard work and will often ask for more!

This is true . Ive done service work on their truck's. No way they meet DOT requirements!