824 S Springfield Ave, Bolivar, MO 65613, USA

I called Amerigas and was quoted $1.79/gallon, who I have been a customer of for several years. They always ask for my address first & when I asked why they need my address to quote me a cash price their answer was "they want to make sure they provide their customers the best price possible." Friends had told me what they recently paid for propane so I had called those companies to get prices before calling Amerigas -- Ferrellgas $1.19/gal, Ray-Carroll County $1.18 & Coop $1.25.

Amerigas wasn't even the ballpark of the same price of others -- more than .50 cents per gallon more than competitors. After waiting for 2 days for a supervisor to call me back, I finally spoke to David (Liberty MO location) & he said that they are not allowed to give a price match & he couldn't give me a good answer as to why they were so much higher than everyone else. Ridiculous!!!!

So....I am switching companies.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Residential Gas Supply.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Amerigas Cons: Does not price match competitor prices, No customer service, Supervisor did not return my call, Prices, High prices.

Comments