Amerigas came out to clean my fire place.. After technician left...

Fire place does not work... Then I called Amerigas right the way.. they reschedule for the technician to come out.then he tighten the wire.. did not tell me there is a charge..

receive a bill for $103.. after I paid $113 for the first visit within a week... Now I am on the phone with customer for >30 munites... still no customer pick up the phone to answer my question that I have a week.....

AMERIGAS SUCKS............ I HATE THEM and THEY WILL LET YOU FREEZ TO DEAD................

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 10, 2011.

Comments

I NEVER had a problem free transaction with Amerigas. After years of "mistakes" on their part, I had enough!

I canceled my service after the phone agent tried to offer me a "bargain" rate per gallon (which happened to be almost a $1.00 more per gallon than the local competition)They told me if I canceled my account it would cost $100 and it might take 30-60 days to pick up tank. (by the way KRS 234.190 requires that the tank be removed within 48 hours (per the KY fire marshal) after reminding them of this statute, the tank was removed quickly! However they still felt it necessary to charge me to cancel the complicated service they provided. They said I would receive a refund for what was left in my tank.

Guess what they said (after 3 months) that there was 0% left in the tank (the gauge on the tank read 5% when it was disconnected)and I was not due any refund!

My advise... weight your options carefully before going with this company!

Hi, my name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I’m sorry to hear about your issues with customer service at your local office and would like to help you.

Please send your account details to me at customerfirstfran@amerigas.com so we can promptly assist you. Thank you, Fran