Amerigas corporate policy is to charge their "locked in" customers their highest price. They have trained their local managers and use a formula to "maximize their profit potential" that includes how difficult it will be for a particular customer to change companies. The poorer you are, the more difficult the switch, the higher the price they charge you. My price was $3.45 until I checked with my local company and their price was $1.99 and had been all year. They charge everyone the same price. Amerigas would not pick up my tank to begin the refund process. They still owe me $380.75 that i paid in advance. Please DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH AMERIGAS.

Joe Myers

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 29, 2009.

Comments

#252035

Just got home today from a long day of work to find a bill on my door from Amerigas and was gouged for 4.99 per gallon. They were not supposed to come out unless i called.

I will admit its been some time since i have had it filled but last 2 times were $1.99 and $2.59 per.....I have no idea how i'm going to pay for 300 gallons of $4.99. Have called and no answer....waiting on a response and will switching asap....Don't use them.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Ahhhh, Amerigas is a nightmare. I do find it odd how they jack their prices up so much compared to others (Amerigas 3.65 down the RD 1.89, oh but wait if your a new costumer to Amerigas they will charge you only 2.01) WTF.

We will be giving them back their tank, they are dishonest and an awful company. Even if we wernt all pinching for an extra penny and the economy was booming, i still would be this ANGRY!

We have a cabin where we spend weekends. We keep the heat on 60 when we're not there and 68 when we are.

We have a 120 gal tank and are set up with auto delivery. The Amerigas is our area has been very good to us; however, their prices are twice what other companies charge. They filled out tank in Sept at 3 something a gallon; this month are bill was over $530 and it wasn't cold. Our price/gallon was $4.15.

We were never offered a lock in rate, which they have not offered us. We think there is a leak in the line because we can smell gas; guy came out and constantly complained that the ground was too hard and he was too old to be doing this. Called Americagas and told them to redo the test because we can still smell gas.

We will put in a heat pump in the spring and use the gas as a backup. They were never rude but they do price gauge.

I just got charged 4.739. WHAT THE ***

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #100904

I called Amerigas today to have my 150 gal tank filled. They said the price would be $4.00 but I could lock in at $2.25 if I paid a $65 set up fee. I argued and got locked in at $2.25 without the set up fee.

I heat my hobby garage with propane, I told the rep that it is more of a luxury than a necessity to heat my shop, and that I feel sorry for the people that HAVE to depend on Amerigas to keep their families warm.

Two years ago I went on a letter writting campaing (do to bad service) against Amerigas, letters were sent to local BBB offices, the state of Ohio attorney general just to name a few.

The power of the pen is mighty

You think $3.65 is high.... Amerigas charged us $4.60 lasat month.

I started checking around and everyone else is $1.39 to $1.89 for propane.

DO NOT USE AmeriGouge I mean Amerigas!