Raleigh, North Carolina

Amerigas says I am getting a great deal - $4.61 a gallon. So, to put 300 gallons in my 500 gallon tank, its $1,383.

My propane bill averages $300 a WEEK. I ask them why so much usage and why is the price so high - they always say the same thing - "well, it has been cold outside". Raleigh NC is not THAT cold!!Insanity! I am in my 40's, live in two countries, seven states and have never had to deal with a compnay with complete disregard for its customers.

I get concerned about calling anyone else as there are only a handful that do the residential delivery. Does anyone know a GOOD and REPUTABLE company in Raleigh?

Comments

Hello, my name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I’m sorry to hear about your situation with billing.

If you send your account details to me at customerfirstfran at amerigas dot com, we will work on assisting you with this issue. Thank you, Fran

If anyone is being charged prices like this you need to contact a "local" propane company owned by a neighbor in your community. The larger MLP propane companies charge excessive prices to pay large executive salaries and increasing stock holder dividends.

I've had Amerigas for just over a year. Last year when I set it up I was "locked in" at $2.09 a gallon.

When I started filling again regularly in Oct I was told I had to pay $2.65/gallon. When I asked why I was told that I did not renew my contract in may. When I set up service I had a two year contract.

They told me their contracts are only seasonal and then contradicted that by saying they would have set me up for a.three year. Now I'm at the mercy of the price fluctuations and I have to prebuy.

I live outside Raleigh and use amerigas from Garner. I have also been charged over 4.50/gal for gas this fall.

Have called multiple times since September-spoke to Sandra. Been told they would update my bill with a winback pricing. Continue to get same bill, now with late fees. After being with a company for 17 years, I dont understand what the problem is now.

However, I'm done. As of Monday they can come and get there tank!

However, I'm done. As of Monday they can come and get there tank!

Amerigas Reviews