Since September of 2015 I have had a claim against AmeriGas.The claim originated in August 2015 with an AmeriGas billing error in the amount of $1,404.64.

The AmeriGas South Barre Vermont office confirmed that the amount in question had been paid. The AmeriGas Pittsburgh office said they had no record of payment IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT THEIR INVOICES CLEARLY SHOW PROOF OF PAYMENT. This resulted in an incorrect balance due to which AmeriGas misapplied my monthly payments. AmeriGas cancelled my contract and raised my price-per gallon rate by 30%.

AmeriGas also double billed two invoices, deducted a $450.00 payment twice, refused to honor credits and added unwarranted late fees. The claim has escalated to over $5,000.00 as of May 2016. I have sent AmeriGas over 100 documents which justify my claim. I showed AmeriGas where and how the original mistake occurred and sent them copies of corrected invoices.

AmeriGas practically accused me of "exaggerating" my facts. Their legal department manufactured a totally false record of my account activity which I immediately repudiated. AmeriGas policy is to ignore customer complaints until pushed and then respond with inaccurate and/or false information.

I am a senior citizen and cannot afford to write off over $5,000.AmeriGas appears to be guilty of consumer fraud as well as price gouging.

Review about: Amerigas Residential Gas Supply.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Amerigas?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion