AmeriGas/Propane bought from Hughes Propane and stealing from customers. Raised prices and lease fees immediately after purchase from Hughes.

Isn't this regulated.

Please let us contact our Governor providing Amerigas is not buying him! That is the problem with these big oil/gas/propane companies...they buy the politicians and thus nothing is done.

Where did all the GOOD PEOPLE GO?

Going all electric is not bad or maybe just buying a grill and cold baths are not bad as well.

We have to do something, because they just keep stealing from us...Would that work if we stoled from them?

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 13, 2010.

Comments

The fact is AmeriGas did dramatically raise their prices after the acquisition and did NOT inform the customers. It was a shock to see the new bill.

As for the response from "AmeriGas".

Really????

You want us to contact you after being treated like this? The simple fact is there are other choices out there other then you and I for one am going to take advantage of them.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

I don't disagree with what you are saying...but like everyone else who works for a large company the local folks don't make the "pricing" decisions anymore. I can't imagine they like forcing higher prices down the throats of their neighbors as they see them at church or Walmart etc...

@tmsfits: You are a ***! (Or you work for Ameri-***.) No, no one put a gun to our heads either, BUT those s.o.b.s at amerigas suddenly doubled the cost of our propane WITHOUT TELLING US beforehand.

The driver was told to only fill the tank HALFWAY and the second my husband turned his back, he filled the tank completely. The driver's response? "Oh, oops, my bad, sorry." My husband was running late for work so he said never mind, just leave it be. He calculated the cost in his head based on current prices we were paying, about $500, we'll deal with it.

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE! A week later we get the bill, over $800!!! EXCUSE THE *** OUTA ME???? I DON'T THINK SO SCOOBY!

:( They can come get their gas and their tank and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I too want to know why there is no regulatory agency that prohibits price gouging, and if there is, how do I contact them??

Getting screwed? No, we're getting totally HOSED!

#202093

How is it that amerigas is stealing from you becuase they choose to charge higher rates than your previous company? did they put a gun to your head to make you do business with them?

Tanks are portable...if you don't like the cost of services amerigas offers, have them come get your tank and switch to a different company. I have a suspicion no matter who you deal with you're one of those who cries you're getting screwed.