Quarryville, Pennsylvania
1.3

We have been with Amerigas for more than 25 years. We had another company come clean our furnace on Monday.

One of the furnace guys checked the tanks and said he smelled gas when he opened the lid on the left tank. I called Amerigas and someone came out about an hour later to check. Joe, the Amerigas serviceman, could not find the leak. He said it must be under the house (in the crawlspace).

He turned off the tanks & applied a lock. We had the furnace people come on Tuesday to check & they ran new lines for the furnace & the stove. Amerigas came back on Wednesday to do pressure check & found there was still a leak. Had other company come back to check, they found the leak & fixed it.

By this time it was after 3pm. I called Amerigas to have Joe come back to re-check & turn gas back on. I was told it would cost $275 because it was "after-hours"..I hold them we weren't paying $275 & that it was an outrageous amount to charge for a 20 minute service. The furnace guy went ahead & removed the lock & hooked everything back up for us.

Today, I came home to NO TANKS!!!! I called Amerigas immediately & was told they removed the tanks because they were unable to run a safety check. I asked when the tanks could be brought back and was told the 29th....7 days from now!!!!! Is this any way to treat a long-time customer????

We got NO phone call or any notification at all that they were going to remove the tanks. I had to leave work early on Tuesday & Wednesday because if all this & it's not over yet!! Also, Joe, the servuceman should probably dress a little better than he does.

The 1st day his fly was half open & his t-shirt was stained & torn and the 2nd day his pants were torn in the crotch...it was hard to miss. Very dissatisfied with Amerigas as a whole.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Residential Gas Supply.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments