Tampa, Florida

AMERIGAS TOOK OVER THE PROPANE COMPANY THAT WE USE AND WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE MAKES US THEIR CUSTOMER . THEY THEN CHARGES US TRIPLE!!

CHARGES US ALSO FOR LATE FEEES WHEN THERE IS NO BILL DUE!! THEY ARE RIPPING OFF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE LIKE COMMON CRIMINALS!! THIS IS AN OUT RAGE!! HOW DARE THEY STEAL EVEN MORE MONEY FROM AMERICANS.

OUR ECONOMY HAS BEEN TORN TO SHREDS. WE DON'T NEED CORRUPT COMPANIES LIKE THIS ONE!! WHERE ARE THE DECENT LAWYERS TO TAKE THIS TO A COURT OF LAW? NO MORE CORRUPTION!!

NO MORE ROBBING THE PEOPLE!!

NO MORE INJUSTICE! AMERIGAS SUCKS!

Comments

I have been receiving gas from Guilford Gas. It was bought by AmeriGas.

I got a fill in September. Like most, I have been hit hard by this recession, so I been making $50.00 payments to GUILFORD, not realizing that the billing address had changed. I initially received $236.00 worth of gas. Today I received a bill for $244.16 with 3 late payments of $36.00!!!!!

I owe more now than I did when I got a fill. I tried to contact the company, but apparently they are not open on Saturday. I will try again on Monday. I will keep you informed on what happens!

Bet it will be a rip off. :(

We have been a customer for 8 years. First we got a contract that threatened to remove our tank if we didn't sign it.

They had just filled it so of course we signed it. Next thing we know, there is a huge penalty to leave Amerigas.

Then there is a penalty if you don't use a certain amount of gas. Then they deliver when you don't ask them to, incurring extra hazmat and fuel surcharge fees.

Fran is some blogger in NE that goes to these sites and writes a generic comment. The email she gives goes to the customer service California where they just forward your complaint to management in your local area.

Also Amerigas is trying to sue pissed consumer.

Probably because they are afraid of all the complaints they have been getting. Maybe they should focus on the problem instead of trying to clean up their mistakes.

I agree with post 342674. I think Richmond, Virginia had a segment on the local news a few months back about complaints received about Amerigas. Does anyone else remember this?

Amerigas took over from another local propane company without our knowledge and made us their customer as well. Imagine how many people just go along with it and pay the billing amount. Can you imagine how much money is being taken from the customers?

We received a $94.50 bill for tank rental that we never had from our previous company. I asked them to come and take the tank and it was $100 for that as well. We were also being penalized for not using our gas last year. It was too warm! I don't think this is fair. If they are taking the place of another company and we didn't break any contract then they should honor the previous billing procedures.

Is this legal?

Hello, my name is Fran and I work for AmeriGas. I’m sorry to hear about your situation.

If you send your account details to me at customerfirstfran at amerigas dot com, we will work on assisting you with this issue. Thank you, Fran

Amerigas Reviews