If you have or are considering purchasing propane gas from the Amerigas company!!!! STOP, RUN AWAY!!!!

You will be mis-billed,told misinformation, charged outrageous rates far beyond other companies rates, they will deliver gas when you do not want it and wont deliver when you do want it.

They will deliver when rates are high. Your bill will almost never be correct and you will spend hours on the phone getting it corrected. The lock in rate now is $1.89 12/04/2009, 4 other companies lock in at $1.49.

They will lock you in until March and then deliver gas in April at 2.40 and bill you. If you are on even billing they will raise your monthly rate to make up for the difference in your estimated gas use and the gas they just filled at a higher rate when you don't need it.

This company is a predator that preys on the American public. If you want to terminate your contract you will be hit with pumping fees and tank removal fees that are high enough to discourage you from switching to a better supplier.

I have spoken to many Amerigas customers in my area of OHIO who have had the same experience and have switched at their own expence.

RUN RUN RUN!!!! DO NOT LOOK BACK!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 03, 2009.

Comments

I suffered through 3 winters with amerigas and non delivery and incorrect bills. lost count of all the phone calls to get things corrected and fed up with always hearing they would take care of the problem.

finally had to go to court to remove a 1100.00 over charge.

so heed the advice. run forest, run

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Received a letter saying they were going to cut off my gas because I did not pay in full. I had been paying $100/month because I didn't have the money to pay it all at once.

I called the local office and they told me not to worry about it as I would be receiving a thing in the mail for a payment plan in the next two weeks. I never received it, but the local company did send someone out to lock off my tank sometime during the day Friday of Memorial Day weekend... I came home after work to find this. No hot water as a result.

I turned the propane valve off on my water heater and left several messages, even the emergency number.. to no resolution. finally able to get through Tuesday and they said pay in full plus another $50 trip charge to turn it back on... told them i had to work so I got a loan and told them i'd put a check under the lid of the tank in a baggie.

They showed up in three two days and left a note while i was at work saying "no one home to turn gas back on. please call office and schedule when someone will be home" WHAT IN THE *** DID I BOTHER TALKING WITH THE LADY ABOUT AND HER WANTING TO KNOW WHERE I WOULD PUT THE CHECK SINCE I WOULD BE AT WORK DID SHE NOT -EXPLETIVE DELETED- UNDERSTAND!!!

*** ONLY 1.89 LOCK IN YOU *** IDIOTS AREN'T PAYING *** FOR GAS THAT WOULD ONLY BE A 0.25 MARGIN OVER MY CURRENT COST. *** THEY ATTEMPT TO CHARGE YOU FOR PICKING UP THE TANK IT DOESN'T COST THEM ANYTHING TO SEND AN EMPLOYEE OUT THERE TO GET THE TANK AND IF YOUR *** *** ORDERED GAS THEN DECIDED THEY DON'T LIKE THE PRICE ITS NO TROUBLE TO PUMP THE GAS BACK OUT AND HAVE THE SECOND EMPLOYEE AND TRUCK AT YOUR RETARDED HOUSE.

CALL THE AG AND SEE IF THEY CAN FORCE YOU TO PAY TO PICK IT UP PROBABLY THEY CAN'T. BUT REMEMBER IF YOUR LOSER *** WON'T PAY YOUR NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY ANY WHERE ELSE BECAUSE PROPANE AIN'T A GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES UTILITY WITH A MONOPOLY HOLD ON A AREA LIKE NATURAL GAS AND ELECTRICITY. *** YOU *** GO *** YOURSELVES I HATE YOU PEOPLE WHO *** ALL THE TIME THIS BUSINESS USED TO BE AWESOME BUT ALL YOU *** MAKE ME PULL OUT MY HAIR. YOU HAVE NO CONCEPT WHAT IT COSTS TO KEEP THE DOORS OPEN YOU ALWAYS FORGET ABOUT US UNTIL IT GETS COLD THEN YOU WANT ME TO LICK YOUR *** *** YOU *** YOU *** YOU.

GO TO *** AND STAY WARM YOU CRY BABY *** I WISH THE GOVERNMENT WOULD TAKE AWAY THE COMPETITIVE MARKET GIVE ME AN AREA WHERE I'M THE ONLY SUPPLIER SUBSIDIZE MY COSTS WITH TAXES AND I COULD JUST GIVE YOU MY PRODUCT AND GET THE FED TO PAY IF YOU WHELCH.

IF I HADN'T GROWN SO MUCH WITH COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTS I WOULD GO ALL CASH AND ONLY SELL TO PEOPLE WHO PAID ME IN ADVANCE. I HATE YOU LOSERS WHO HAVE NOTHING BUT TIME TO *** CAUSE YOU CAN'T GET MORE FOR FREE GO TO *** LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!

:( I ordered gas 2weeks ago when my tank was at 15%. The temperature went down to minus 14 degrees and 5 days later at 5%.

I called again and they said delivery in 3 days. 3 days later tank was way below 5% no scale reading. It is now one week later and still no gas, I have to use electric heaters to keep a livable temp. The local office will not answer the phone and message says to call emergency service.

I call the emergency number and all they do is try to call my local office and they get the same result, phone not being amswered. I have had it with them, I am going to get a local supplier.

All of Amerigas' lock-in programs last until June 30th of the following year. They do not take you off of the lock-in in the middle of march, but nice attempt at lying. Also, good luck getting someone on the phone at 10:30 at night when you really need them at any of the mom and pop companies charging you $1.49.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #92258

I totally agree with these comments. I never even asked for them...the tank was there before I bought the house.

It was under another company which wasn't bad. Once they showed up, my loyalty deminished. The absolutely get you with the remove fee (200+)of THEIR tank even tho I rent it from them. They charge me a rental fee with promise of maintenance and have never maintained it.

It is an eye sore. I use an extraordinary amount being as I am one person, shower at the gym and live here only 3 of 4 weeks. It is only for my hot water. I also wash in cold water.

I smell gas all the time but they say it isn't leaking, "except the one time it went totally empty in 24 hours. I came home after a week away and found I was out gas (about 3 months early. I called them and the gal said it would cost me 200.00 to get gas here in 24 hours. I told her that was rediculous and refused.

It was here in less then 24 hours without my 200.00. She also told me they would do a leak test on it since it went empty. She did not mention a 97.00 fee. The man who came to fill it up complained to me that he had to do a leak test, but never mentioned a 97.00 fee.

As I signed the bill and was looking at how much it was, I say a 97.00 leak test fee and I told him I never asked for it and didn't want it. He said it was the law. I told him I would never have signed knowing that they were charging me for it...that was half of the fee to get rid of them...he just walked away.

I turned them into the FCC but they are not governed by them and referred me to the Attorney General's office. I would never recommended them to anyone.