We have had Amerigas in Smithfield, NC for 5 years since purchasing our home. We use propane for cooking, and 2 fireplaces that we use for supplemental heat in the winter. They have been impossible to get to come and refill our tank!

First off, you can't get through to them. In the spring we don't use much propane, since we're just cooking with it, and it was not quite so critical that it would take them almost a month to fill our tank.

Winter, however, is a different story. They request you call for a refill when the tank is down to 30%, so they can get you in their deliver rotation. Yeah, right!

We stopped by in person 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and requested a refill. 3 days before Thanksgiving, we were almost on empty and tried to call. My husband and I sat at work one day with their number on speed dial, and kept getting a busy signal, and we must have each dialed about 40 times. Finally we looked on the internet, got their business account representative's cell phone number, and had to call them that way. This resolved the issue for this time, but it was not filled until 3 days after Thanksgiving--about 3 weeks after our in-person request. Luckily we had just enough propane to cook our turkey! I followed this up with a letter of complaint that they never responded to.

The next time we requested a refill, we requested it early, as the winter weather had been unpredictable. 3 weeks later, we ran out of propane, luckily just AFTER an ice storm, and we still could not get through to them. We're changing providers as of today. I hope we can get in touch with them to come get their tank!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Tank Refill.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 12, 2011.

Comments

Same here. They promise to deliver and never meet their schedule.

You cannot get anyone to answer the phone. I moved to Amerigas because I was promised reliable service.

the national cal center sound nice but they get nothing done either. I have been an Amerigs customer for ony a few months but I will be moving soon.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.