1.4K views

I ordered propane in early January from Amerigas. They deliver 5 days after which is OK.

Since my tank is almost empty, I checked every day to prevent run out. The day before the driver came, I saw its 10%. The driver came at around 8 am, and didn't ring my door bell. After filled, the bill shows 250 gallen from 5% to 50% of tank capacity.

How come 25 gallens (5% of 500 gallen tank) burnt in one night. Also after fill 250 gallens, the meter read 50% that hints another 25 gallens evaprated in filling process? Amerigas insisted the correct reading is on their truck meter, but the usage record I have shows my tank meter is also correct.

Based on what I have, Amerigas driver stole 50 gallens on my 250 gallen order. I do not know if any one of you ever check how much propane the driver actually delivery to your tank, but its quite sure that they stole a lot of propane from my tank.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 29, 2010.

Comments

Amerigas in benzonia are not trust worthy as delivering the right amount off propane you pay for, allways the fees they claim they have to pay when I know for a fact they don't pay these fees on every delivery but they charge the fees to all there customers on every deliver

It's gallons not gallens

Operative work about your friend is worked. Also you are ashit for brainds motherf!@#$% so is your friend whom was fired for being a *** and talking way beyond his knowledge and experience. you get a printed ticket with gallons pumped *** head thats what you pay for not percentage.

your comparing apples and oranges you say potatoe i say patotoe lets call the whole thing off. Amerigas has a deal in there company you take the amount delivered divide by tank size subtract from ending percentage.

It has to be this way for there *** computer system designed by people with no clue about propane. You recieved 250(questionable if you have a 250 gall0n tank so yu are obviously not reading your whole ticket) gallons of propane through the meter that is what your billed for. Trust me the driver was there after 8 am unless you requested a special servcie delivery.

If you want ot see the meter go outside and look I'm not going to have my driver waste his time waking you up waiting for you to get ready then watching the meter turn and looking like a dear in the headlights go with someone else you will be complaining they didn't wipe your ***. You are a fing ***

you can always call your state board of weights and measures and have them investigate the meters on the truck. they do and annual inspections of these and will investigate possible defective meters or cases of fraud.

You must be kidding me. 50 gallens difference can be seen between summer and winter.

I hope you can also prove it when you fill gas at gas station at the same scenario.

Plus, I don't think you read the whole post, I made comparison on propane refill 2 times, all are in winter at the same tank. The cheating behave is very obviously.

You folks must remember that in the colder times of the year. Propane will contract thus allowing more fuel in less space. '

Take a 250 gallon tank and fill it from 40 to 80% In the summer it will be close to a hundred gallons, but in the winter, you can fit over 100 gallons in the same space.

A tank filled in the morning to 80% in the summer, by the afternoon that same tank with the sun beating on it can be liquid full. Thats why they only fill to 80%. I hope this helps answer some suspicions.

propane gas

I too, have noticed that the readings the driver is leaving me are off from 1%-2% when compared to my tank gauge reading which can be inaccurate. I have a 500 gallon tank and due to recent economic uncertainties, I choose to get a 100 gallons at a time (minimum order). Just the other day, I went out and read the gauge, even smacked it around a little to bobble the pin lose and make sure it wasn't stuck. It read 8%-9% when the pin bobbled freely. Later that night I found the bill on the door (hand-written) which read 100 gallons were added. The end percentage was 24%. Now, with 8% (and lets say I burned 1% over 10 hours which I did not because no one was home, I should have at least 30-31% in that tank, especially since they told me the gauge was dead accurate after testing.

So, let's say the driver left with an overage of 2-4% on the truck and he continues throughout the day hitting another 10-15 500 gallon tanks. 2-4% x 10-15 500 gal tanks could mean an 150-300gals on that truck for one day in a month. Now, these guys in my area (N.Georgia mountains live in secluded homes on multi-acre lots. They always take their trucks home for lunch and even deliver their own fuel. What would stop them and who would notice if they topped off their own tank with the overage or theft. They don't do it everyday but do the same homes/businesses for 1% -4% for consistency. Tally is kept easy enough on a sticky note. Who would notice? It's very easy for the gas company to say that 1% either way is difficult to argue on a tank gauge (agreed) but if that truck comes back to the office equaling the receipts for the day, no harm no foul yet 10-15 customers and or businesses are paying to heat that truck drivers home/business. It isn't about the cash that thecustomer pays for it. It's about an unethical fringe benefit of being a dishonest propane fuel truck driver. You cannot convince me that in this area and during these uncertain times with propane fuel prices reaching $2.69 - $2.99 a gallon that this is not possible. The company I am referring to is Heritage Propane in Blairsville, Georgia 30512. I have a friend who worked for Heritage for many years delivering gas. He confirmed my theory as being true and also stated that even getting caught in the act makes it very hard to prove the gas was stolen since it was in effect "paid for" ahead of time. I cannot prove this but it should help to undermine any faith the public has in this particular Heritage Propane of Blairsville. The managers name is Dave and he knows much more than I do about this.

I use Ameri-gas in another home I own with a 250 gallon tank. Never had an issue with this one. EVER.

Type "Amerigas Phony Fran" in your search and see what I found! Some customer service! grrrr

Thanks for the information share, Lovettsville. After a year around, Amerigas customer service finally see this post, and asked for the poster information.

I believe everyone of us shares their experience is trying to find out what's happening. I had my propane tank refill last month for half tank, exactly 250.3 gallens. The meter read from 15 to 60, which proved the tank meter works alomst correctly.

I am still wondering where did the 10%, 50 gallens propane go in the early 2010. Amerigas definitely knows better than we do, and they'd better give us as comsummer an explanation.

I have been burning wood to heat my home since October. We use propane for cooking, hot water, and heat.

Since October my heat was turned off and we used wood to heat the house. Amerigas keeps putting gas in my tank and says I am using more gas this year then last year. Last year I did not use the wood stove for heat. Tomoorw they are coming to check for leaks.

WTF is going on here. Something is NOT right.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

People whine and complain instead of realizing that float gauges aren't very accurate and that propane expands and contracts with changes in temperature, thus changing the reading on your gauge. That's *** customers for you.

Left my house this morning at 9 am checked my tank it was at 42% on a 1000 gallon tank my wife calls at 10;30 am driver had just left a bill for 490 gallons and the meter now reads 80 percent.simple math tells me this doesnt add up.Thats Amerigas for you

also you cant go by the % on the ticket cause some drivers just write down whatever out of well just being lazy and how many of you watched your driver fill your tank how many slamed the dome lid open or tap on your tank they do that because like another person said they are cheap and stick alot and a good driver never fills by that mostly cause its against the law to do so

amerigas in temecula , ca had a driver arrested and prosecuted for stealing gas...

some say it is in the thousands.. im sure they did not make you aware, then they would have to pay you back

THEY HAD A DRIVER ARRESTED FOR STEALING IN APRIL. I WOULD LOOK INTO THIS, HE PROBABLY STOLE YOUR GAS AND SOLD IT SOMEWHERE ELSE..

HE WAS ARRESTED AND CHARGED. IM SURE THEY FAILED TO LET YOU KNOW

Recently had propane delivered but no ticket left and usually they do. Checked tank before delivery, 7% or 40 gallons.

Ordered 150 gallons. Checked tank after delivery, 145 gallons. Lost about 40 gallons somewhere.

Just curious why no electronic ticket left showing actual propane delivered? I live in the Horn Lake, MS area.