Amerigas has us on automatic delivery, Thanksgiving 2008 we missed a payment due to illness, they did not notify us of missed payment, although we have a telephone, and mail delivery, as well as cellphones. They "missed" a delivery in freezing weather, which we discovered when there was no heat and no hot water Wednesday afternoon.

When we called for a delivery, we paid immediately on the phone, we were told that they could not make a delivery until Monday, we requested after explaining the situation and then agreed to make a delivery that day. They delivered same day, but charged $400.00 for emergency delivery. Can you believe that?? Freaking incredible, characteristic of thugs and thieves.

Possibly preplanned?? I recommend not to patronize them....

We just discovered that Amerigas is much more expensive than other suppliers. We're changing suppliers..

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 04, 2009.

Comments

we have contracted services for amerigas for ten years we have watched there management first hand what a pathetic mess from back stabbing to smoking near open propane dispensers' I to am a customer and they wanted to put me on automatic delivery and I refused and I kept an eye on my own tank I am right down the street from them and they still cant deliver on time or safely

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

i've been asking them for SIX YEARS to call ahead before they come and have repeated my request nearly a dozen times. they never do.

it's even written on my account info. still, they never do. again today, no calls. and do they provide any contact information apart from the "local" connection?

here comes the proverbial letter to the officers in PA.

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #92266

You can report them to the BBB which shows they have a GOOD rating in my area (must be paid to give them the rating because no one that I know like them). The FCC states they do not goven them but suggests I write to the Attorney General which is what I am in the process of doing. Rude responses from the people on here is good enough proof of how they treat their customers.

You didn't pay your bill, but somehow Amerigas is to blame? Sounds like you need to grow up and pay your bills on time like a responsible adult would.

And yes, there is a fee for an emergency delivery.

It costs the company a TON of money to send a truck, driver, and equipment all the way out for just one stop. You're too busy tantruming like a child to think about the cost for fuel, training, certification, insurance, salary, and a dozen other costs that are involved with make a special trip out because you couldn't pay your bill on time.

to Larry #805206

Larry,

We were sick, Wife in hospital, we are not irresponsible adults as you are so inclined to infer.. Also, the delivery had Thurs and Friday to arrange a delivery, were one regular delivery could have been slid on the time frame, during regular hours.

There was no need for after hours, or weekend delivery. Like you, they are just angry vindictive thieving arrogant sub-humans

I certainly hope that you folks remember that that comes from the people in the offices whether it is locally or from Valley Forge. They do NOT care about you as a person ONLY as a $$$$$.

AND I would recommend that you never pay your bill thru "lock box" as amerigas would want you to. There is OVER $2 million dollars LOST in that system and no one has any clue.

Can anyone spell embezzlement? And if you pay and your payment gets lost who do you think will get the blame for it?

Terrible customer relations - you got that right! My complaint is that we had service with them for 2 years and then we had 2 or 3 months last year that we were late paying our budget payment.

We have always paid them in full however! So now they "kicked me off the budget plan" and wanted me to sign some kind of paper saying that I will be responsible for letting them know when the tank is at 30% or below and that I will have to pay up front from now on.

I understand there are people out there who take advantage and never pay - but if they looked at our records they would know that we are not those people! Don't treat me like a child!

Sorry I lost my job and couldn't pay you on time for those two or three months! Geesh!